Golden Dragon Shining

The Shining Ones

"Thousands of years ago the immortals known as the Shining Ones shipwrecked on the Chinese coast. Passing their shamanic practices--such as ecstatic flight and how to find power animals and spirit guides--on to the indigenous people, they also taught them the wisdom of the Medicine Wheel. From the Taoist Medicine Wheel came the principles of Yin and Yang, the Five Elements, the Eight Forces, the Chinese zodiac, and the I Ching. The Taoist Medicine Wheel can also be found at the foundation of traditional Chinese medicine and the esoteric sexual practices of Taoist Alchemy." Mantak Chia

• Like 2

That was a spaceship that the Shining Ones were in, right?

Yes. A landing craft, actually. The mothership is calling them home now.

• Like 1

"Thousands of years ago the immortals known as the Shining Ones shipwrecked on the Chinese coast. Passing their shamanic practices--such as ecstatic flight and how to find power animals and spirit guides..." Mantak Chia

Is it really possible that immortals used shamanic practice? Shamanic practice as I heard does not do anything with energy cultivation and lifetime prolongation...

• Like 2

Is it really possible that immortals used shamanic practice? Shamanic practice as I heard does not do anything with energy cultivation and lifetime prolongation...

I have heard many different views from a number of different sources.  I doubt we will find agreement across the board.

• Like 2

My 20-something guitar-&-bass-playing son and I were recently mutually shocked when I quoted Parliament lyrics in a conversation with him and he recognized it. Turns out he had been to a Bootsy Collins concert not long before.

EDIT: I have to admit, though, that this thread brought this song to mind:

Edited by Brian
  • Like 4

EDIT: I have to admit, though, that this thread brought this song to mind:

This time you beat me to it.  The youtube'd song I mean.

• Like 1

Are they are Chinese at all?

Some paintings of Immortals looks realy diferent from Chinese.

Ormus

• Like 1

In my opinion there is the pre-Buddhist art and the post-Buddhist art.

The immortals have always been in the art, it's just that much of it is based on the above.

Not handy, no.  A couple years back there was a thread that spoke to this and then I did a little research of my own.

I can't, for the life of me, recall where the thread is or even the thread title.

It is a thread about the different styles of Chinese painting.  I'm pretty sure Taoist Texts was involved in it or maybe even the primary poster.  Maybe he has info he can share with you.

• Like 1

Hi there. I am of the same opinion here. Immortals and shamanic practices don't mix well together :)

Hi there. I am of the same opinion here. Immortals and shamanic practices don't mix well together :)

mmm... actually qigong and daoist/Buddhist practices IS a modernized(*) shamanism... 

WU ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_(shaman)

(*) as compared to the times of the Shining Ones...

Edited by qicat
  • Like 2

mmm... actually qigong and daoist/Buddhist practices IS a modernized(*) shamanism...

WU ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_(shaman)

(*) as compared to the times of the Shining Ones...

Do you want to say that shaman practice was a basis for Taoism and Buddism? For me they are different things. My understanding is that qi gong is a thread from Taoist alchemy while alchemy itself is a result of wisdom of the ancient ones, who did not deal with shaman practice.

Where from we received shamanism is a question, my suggestion that it is a result of simple rituals came from peoples fantasies.

Edited by [email protected]

Where from we received shamanism is a question, my suggestion that it is a result of simple rituals came from peoples fantasies.

Why don't you visit a real shaman and ask for a ritual and see for yourself.

I have a "Books" thread in my PDD. I will post on shamanic references from my research there. I will keep you posted. 

Do you want to say that shaman practice was a basis for Taoism and Buddism? For me they are different things. My understanding is that qi gong is a thread from Taoist alchemy while alchemy itself is a result of wisdom of the ancient ones, who did not deal with shaman practice.

May I ask, what exactly do you understand by the Taoist Alchemy? What exactly do you mean by Shamanic Practice? I think before I engage with you in this discussion, we need to set a benchmark of what is being discussed. I need to see if you are able to take the concept outside of the ritual and "see" the nature of the object/action performed adjusted to local customs. 

• Like 3

My current understanding is that Taoist alchemy is a scope of methods to develop energy and spirit (say ming and xing) to achieve long life, understanding of cosmic laws and immortality if possible.

Shaman practices are the methods of achieving a deep connection with nature and external spirits, and one of results is getting some knowledge from these spirits or totems. May be I missed smth, then please share your understanding.

Rgrds, Ilya

My current understanding is that Taoist alchemy is a scope of methods to develop energy and spirit (say ming and xing) to achieve long life, understanding of cosmic laws and immortality if possible.

Shaman practices are the methods of achieving a deep connection with nature and external spirits, and one of results is getting some knowledge from these spirits or totems. May be I missed smth, then please share your understanding.

Rgrds, Ilya

yep. Seems you are at your school ( I don't know your lineage/teacher) at Level 1, max 2. Ask them about when do you get to play with spirits... Daoists are known for that:) Good luck.

Edited by qicat
  • Like 1

yep. Seems you are at your school ( I don't know your lineage/teacher) at Level 1, max 2. Ask them about when do you get to play with spirits... Daoists are known for that:) Good luck.

Maybe you could share with 1-2 level people with your understanding of shaman practice? I think it could help us to improve our understanding...

Maybe you could share with 1-2 level people with your understanding of shaman practice? I think it could help us to improve our understanding...

You said it yourself, there is really nothing more to it. Five elements,understanding cycles of life/death, etc. It's all right there in your practice. I hope  you get a light bulb and see it for yourself. 

the methods of achieving a deep connection with nature and external spirits