Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

What is Later Heaven?

What's Later Heaven? Sounds pleasantly different from the theory of samsara. If desire and selfishness are virtues in this realm, sign me up! Otherwise, I'll keep shopping.

Thanks,

Yoda

If desire and selfishness are virtues in this realm, sign me up!

2759[/snapback]

:D

Heheh.

Its got a lot to do with Feng Shui I think. You could visit the Tao Speaks message board and ask that question. You don't need to become a member or anything. Taomeow is there and she has a lot to say on the matter.

The way I assumed Michael was using the term in the POE thread was that instead of Buddha's view that life is unavoidably unfulfilling and unsatisfactory, Later Heaven suggests it is possible to find a fulfilling and satisfactory life here if we are able to transform Later Heaven into Early Heaven. That may be a misconstrued conception of what Later Heaven is about so yeh, ask that Taomeow character :)

An easy way to think of it is Earlly Heaven is like the Mother and Later Heaven is the child. Early Heaven has given birth to Later heaven and it is connected to Later heaven. Through the practice of Taoist Internal Alchemy you reverse the elements and basically go backwards in order reunite with the primordial forces of Early Heaven.

Some people's definition of a Tao Immortal is a being who is able to move freely between Early heaven and Later heaven. The manifest and un manifest realms.

It's all theory until you do Kan and Li.

Bascially all regular qigong practices are teaching you to harmonize and develop the qi of Later Heaven .It is teaching you to feel good and have alot of energy but it's mostlyLater heaven qi not early heaven qi.

Supposedly, in Theory, Kan and Li is opnening a door inside yourself to connect with Early Heaven.

Here is a description Winn uses in defining the process of Taoist Internal Alchemy:

The Microcosmic Orbit practice is framing a window

Fusion is cleaning the Window

Kan an Li is opening the window

The window in this case is the doorway insode yourself you develop to Early heaven through these practices.

What's Later Heaven?

That would be a good ? for MWinn on the HT board. Be interesting to see what 'e says.

Sign in to follow this