Sign in to follow this  
3bob

has Trump earned a straight-jacket yet?

not yet, but having voted for him as the lesser of two evils, my suspicions that he is an expert con artist seem to be coming true

• Like 2

not yet, but having voted for him as the lesser of two evils, my suspicions that he is an expert con artist seem to be coming true

If I had a vote, I would have gone for him rather than Hillary too. As I don't, watching the election campaign was just a source of fun and entertainment with all the twists and turns that went on.

What I did not foresee was that all this 'entertainment' (madness) would just carry straight on after the election and in to the presidency. It seems that there are four years of this circus to go...

• Like 1

when Trump says, "I won" the dictatorial way that he does along with the actions he has taken even before Jan. 20 it is becoming far more than just a sick or ugly train wreck of a circus to me....I'd call it our worst nightmare for gov. and a great many people as things keep devolving! 

Imo we did not have the candidate we needed to take down our house of cards built on financial sand as safely as possible -  which could have reduced the different forms of pain rapidly coming down the pike for millions of us!

Edited by 3bob

If I had a vote, I would have gone for him rather than Hillary too. As I don't, watching the election campaign was just a source of fun and entertainment with all the twists and turns that went on.

What I did not foresee was that all this 'entertainment' (madness) would just carry straight on after the election and in to the presidency. It seems that there are four years of this circus to go...

And most of those involved are acting like three or four year old children.

• Like 1

when Trump says, "I won" the dictatorial way that he does along with the actions he has taken even before Jan. 20 it is becoming far more than just a sick or ugly train wreck of a circus to me....I'd call it our worst nightmare for gov. and a great many people as things keep devolving! 

Imo we did not have the candidate we needed to take down our house of cards built on financial sand as safely as possible -  which could have reduced the different forms of pain rapidly coming down the pike for millions of us!

I see you are still having problems dealing with reality.  Keep working, you'll get there.

• Like 1

imo some of the financial choices Obama made were messed up big time, but not as bad as Trump is heading into with his total greed and fascism!

imo some of the financial choices Obama made were messed up big time, but not as bad as Trump is heading into with his total greed and fascism!

But 3bob, Trump hasn't done anything yet.  He won't be president for another eight days.  Let's at least wait until he actually does something before we say he messed up.

We have sufficient data to be able to state that Obama screwed up big time.  Nothing on Trump yet.

• Like 4

I would argue that Obama has been one of the most effective Presidents in US history, when viewed not from the perspective of what he said he sought to achieve but through the lens of what his actions suggest his intentions to have been. When there is cognitive dissonance between stated objective and predictable results, question intent.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 3

As to Trump, I would say that much will be revealed in his first 100 days in office.

• Like 5

Well, he did earn the Noble Peace Prize for being Black.

We dropped 26,000 bombs under the Obama Administration in 2016.

That's 70 bombs a day. 

Very peaceful, as Obama would say.

• Like 4

9 trillion?

Are you kidding? 

Did you listen to anything Trump is saying? His ideas actually make economic sense. 

• Like 1

Trump entered the latest Press conference talking about fixing the disaster f35 program (one of the greatest upsets in US history), the pharmaceutical industry (completely noncompetitive and corrupt) , and bringing auto industries back into the USA (lowing taxes to attract business).

Then, Trump mentioned exactly how the USA created ISIS and how fostering a good relationship with Russia would be an asset to destroying ISIS, the entity that we created. 

Just that 5 minutes alone is more substantial than anything Obama has said or done. 

• Like 3

Lets revisit this question in 4 years shall we? Those who failed to get there way will get there chance in 4 years, it is the way the system works.

I have a strong hunch though they will likely have to wait 8 years. Lets see if I am right.

I would argue that Obama has been one of the most effective Presidents in US history, when viewed not from the perspective of what he said he sought to achieve but through the lens of what his actions suggest his intentions to have been. When there is cognitive dissonance between stated objective and predictable results, question intent.

But it is my opinion that he was walking backward.

• Like 1

im really trying to see things from the Liberal perspective:

-We should be nice to everyone, except Russia.

-Racism is an extremely problematic issue in the USA,

-Climate change is extremely important,

-Obamacare is helping poor people,

That's the perspective right?

• Like 2

im really trying to see things from the Liberal perspective:

-We should be nice to everyone, except Russia.

-Racism is an extremely problematic issue in the USA,

-Climate change is extremely important,

-Obamacare is helping poor people,

That's the perspective right?

lol, yes and don't forget that anyone who questions this is obviously a nazi.

• Like 2

lol, yes and don't forget that anyone who questions this is obviously a nazi.

You forgot the most important tenant Obama can do no wrong!

Everyone else left him a mess. 8 years to fix it ermmm yep real effective.

Almost as good for the nation as imposing that everyone will buy health insurance or the IRS will step on you. Back in the old days the Black Hand ran things this way, it was called a protection racket.

There has never been a more Un-American administration than this one, yet they have a problem with Russia after pulling this Obama care crap? Absolutely disgusting anyone would think this is a good thing or want it as there legacy.

The only thing Obamacare has done is screw up everyone's health care, make it hell on doctors, hospitals and staff giving the big insurance companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield a way to charge much more, provide much less to put the Cherry on top outsource the work to countries outside the U.S. for handeling all patient claims etc...

Golly Gee Wiz thanks allot Obama!

Good riddance thankfully only a few more days.

Obama servant to big business. The way to fix this country is to start with limiting lawyers non sense and getting rid of insurance companies.

Insurance companies are a racket you pay and they bet against you using there services, now they have rigged it all in their favor.

Obama in many ways was just the mouth piece for corporate greed and injustice forced on the American people like a dictator would only not as honest or direct.

• Like 2

But it is my opinion that he was walking backward.

Perhaps you and he are facing in opposite directions.
  • Like 1

I have been saying since the 1980's this country needs a business man as a president, to run this country like a business. A business that has the sake of it own populaces best interest at heart.

I never thought the personality would be Donald Trump! Never! To me he is still in the catagory of an anomaly like the great Mike Tyson was to the boxing world.

Well President Trump,does not need anything financially in this world having achieved it all. If that scoundrel Obama were 1/256th as good as you, he would not accept any payment from the American people after the disaster he is leaving behind. He does not deserve any paycheck after leaving office, protection yes, an income no!

I respect the Office of the President of the United States of America not the outgoing person who has made a mockery of it at every turn and done everything in his power to set race relationships back to Pre-Martin Luther King Junior days as a vindictive racist. This outgoing President Obama has wrecked the dream of the great Martin Luther King Junior.

I was not alive in a time before the Great Martin Luther King Junior, I came up in a time of White Shame where we greatly regretted the evils of the past, even though I had never known those days nor had the fellow Black Children, I grew up with, went to school with.

Believe it or not I was raised singing slave songs in grade school, like , jump down turn around pick a bail of cotton, there was no choice sing it or fail. My first black predjuice teacher was in second grade her name was Mrs. Benjamin she was evil and hated white children.

My first love was my third grade teacher a black woman named Mrs. Harris. From her I learned not all black women hated what they thought were White Children.

I am Native American, Hindu, German, English, Irish, Russian by lineage and American by birth this time. Whose shall I hate?

I chose to love Mrs. Harris daughter Denise for her spirit in her eyes. Oh she was pissed at me but she was the first girl I ever got a kiss from. Mrs. Harris said to me afterwards "young man what are your intentions towards my daughter?''

Scared the hell out of me, thought I would have to get married after kissing her to avoid upsetting Mrs Harris who I cherished so much for her loving heart and great compassion she showed an undeserving me.

I would have married Denise on the spot you know.

I replied Mrs. Harris I was raised to never hit a girl no matter what! So after saying mean things, Denise got mad and tried to slap me, we wound up wrestling but I did not want to hurt her, I wanted to kiss her because she was so beautiful to me, so I did. That was the end of it. She did not like my kiss and ran away.

Mrs. Harris with a chuckle said young man the ones who act like they like you the least are often the ones who like you the most, just be respectful from here on out okay? You know what that means right?

I replied yes mam. To me that meant do not upset the tearchers daughter.

Later I learned my Family which is a historical Civil War Family actually divided over the issue of slavery my Forefathers choosing freedom for all men regardless of cast creed or religious belief.

This Obama occupying the Whitehouse these past 8 years has been a hate monger and is on par with the KKK only in reverse. The horrible race riots and police killings are part of his true legacy.

Trump is not a likable person, I personally detest him, but atleast we are not paying him, he unlike the outgoing elected official refuses a paycheck, says allot!

Yes he will likely gain that which the wealthy cherish more than wealth, which is power, but he should be very careful. Some of the people may be fooled all of the time but very seldom are all of the people fooled all of the time.

I want America to do well, not at the expense of other Nations but in conjunction with. There is no good reason for Detroit and Chicago in this day and age, we do have the ability to extinguish the madness, the want and the suffering.

I am an American, I love my Country, it has given me a place to incarnate and live without undo pains and do my chosen spiritual practices. This is precious, thus the love for America.

I do not like nor love anyone, nor anything that impunes my religious freedom nor that which my forefathers fought so hard to achieve. Truth, Justice & the American Way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps you and he are facing in opposite directions.

I gave this thought.  No, we were both facing in the same direction.  There was apparently a "Y" in the road and he made a different choice than I did.  He took the road of more controls - I'm an Anarchist.

Sign in to follow this