Sign in to follow this  
MASTERforge

Coping with major energy changes - How do I?

Hi,

I practice Taiji, Qi Gong and Meditation but I am having a problem.

I feel that normally my energy levels are quite low but when I practice, my energy goes through the roof. This is the problem. A short while after practice i feel like I have been plugged into the mains there is so much energy pulsating around my body.

After training I find it hard to sleep and also focus. I also feel like there is an incredible amount of energy channelled to my testicles. It becomes really distracting to the point where I need to release the energy i.e. ejaculate just to calm my body down. Most of the time I am not even sexually aroused I just need to let the steam off of what feels like a pressure cooker.

About half an hour later my energy returns to its normal lethargic self. Which seems a waste of training. I would like to raise my energy levels but not to the point where I am climbing up the walls.

What I want to ask is how can I raise my energy levels and at the same time adjust my body's tolerance to it? I guess its just like running a large battery through a thin wire. It overheats. I need to have thicker wire to accommodate a larger battery. I just don't know how to do this.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have some advice?

How old are you? If your under 25 then normal lethargic self isn't normal. It sounds like your practice is trying to equalize things. Hard to tell since I dont know you. But lethargy isnt normal, its probably your diet. If you can adjust your normal self to a higher energy level you will more natually ground your heightened state after your practice.

But since I dont know you I could be completely wrong. What do you think is the problem?

Hi Darin,

I am 26. I have started to change my diet to balance things out. I have got extra energy from this also. I am working on slow release vegetarian energy foods so I get a nice balance of energy. This also is compounding the problem a little because of being used to a life time of a certain energy level. Then a lifestyle change of food and energy exercise has revved that energy level up and my body is having trouble adjusting to it.

It becomes really distracting to the point where I need to release the energy i.e. ejaculate just to calm my body down. Most of the time I am not even sexually aroused I just need to let the steam off of what feels like a pressure cooker.

I had this a few months back felt, exactly as you described. Someone here suggested that when I felt the "urge" I try doing squats or other lower body work for a minute or so.

Worked for me.

I can imagine how this may work.

It would circulate the energy and disperse it throughout the body. I will have a go next time it happens.

Thanks

What I want to ask is how can I raise my energy levels and at the same time adjust my body's tolerance to it? I guess its just like running a large battery through a thin wire. It overheats. I need to have thicker wire to accommodate a larger battery. I just don't know how to do this.

the wire is not thin at all , it is just that your cirquit has to many resistors and capacitors built in at the moment. you need to short cirquit them or cut them out all together.

It becomes really distracting to the point where I need to release the energy i.e. ejaculate just to calm my body down.

Interesting. I've noticed the complete opposite. Lately Kunlun is reducing some of the libido and orgasm inducing effects of Witch's (Marena Lindberg's) Orgasmic Diet that I'm following. Right after Kunlun my libido and ability to orgasm takes a major nose dive. I have to take a day off and boost fish oil, zinc/magnesium intake and eliminate almost all carbs to get my libido back.

Edited by SereneBlue

People often suffer from Energy deviations with incorrect practice and methods and no guidence from a teacher and even mixing practices,correct me if im wrong but you didnt mention a teacher

Anyway it sounds like to me you are suffering from Hyper Sensitivity to Chi, thats just the word i use for it .I would consider this to be a deviation, probably due to focusing to much energy in a certain channel or using a method that requires you to have a strong foundation as a pre requisite before it can work correctly

I really cant say what you can do to correct it since I'm not a master :) but finding a good teacher to guide you is probably your best bet

What Qi Gong and Meditation do you practice btw?

Edited by truth

I use Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's Taiji Qi Gong and simple empty-mind meditation. So its nothing too deep or specific. I also use a lot of self-hypnosis tapes for healing.

With cutting resistors and capacitors out. Would this be changing diet, more exercise?

I use Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's Taiji Qi Gong and simple empty-mind meditation. So its nothing too deep or specific. I also use a lot of self-hypnosis tapes for healing.

With cutting resistors and capacitors out. Would this be changing diet, more exercise?

Empty-mind meditation would be my best advice to keep balanced while going through energy changes. Do meditation right after the qigong and let the energy settle and integrate. Dont go out of the meditation before you feel everything has settled.

no, currently you are on a wrong path, more of any effort would just take you further down the wrong path. read eva wong's books. Edited by Procurator

hi. I'm a woman, twenty years older than you, and I get extremely intense build up of energy that feels like only a bagful of orgasms would help sort out.

several things come to my mind...

one is, I have learned to live with a feeling of being very aroused without doing anything about it. and to appreciate that my battery is buzzing like crazy. this is retraining one's approach to one's energy, and be less 'doing' about it, and more 'being' with it.

I've become a very strong container.

The other thing is, of course, you learn to use the energy to circulate and meditate and work with. And that is great stuff.

I like feeling very alive and vibrant in this mode. I've reframed it.

hth!

While Cat and many others around here have been very successful with these sorts of energy practices, I've never been able to acclimate or make friends with the higher energy.

For the last couple of years, I had pretty much walked away from 'serious' energy practices for this reason and focused on the meditative side of the equation until Kunlun showed up. My experience so far with Kunlun has been along the lines of what SereneBlue has described and has been way more digestible so far. Time will tell, but it's fun to be back in the game.

Yoda

the problem you are reffering to is pretty delicate, as none of the teachers i know talk about it openly, and if they do, they never emphasize it...

you can move forward from here, but you have to know what you are doing. in short, there is some information missing, and until you find it, you will go on in circles. i dont think you are on a wrong path, you are on one of the various steps that turn many of the seekers to experiment something else, or either become selftaught...

dr yangs teachings are fine, and what you are looking for are in there, i know it, ive seen it. just go deeper, learn more, go deeper into the understanding...

good luck

Hi,

I practice Taiji, Qi Gong and Meditation but I am having a problem.

I feel that normally my energy levels are quite low but when I practice, my energy goes through the roof. This is the problem. A short while after practice i feel like I have been plugged into the mains there is so much energy pulsating around my body.

After training I find it hard to sleep and also focus. I also feel like there is an incredible amount of energy channelled to my testicles. It becomes really distracting to the point where I need to release the energy i.e. ejaculate just to calm my body down. Most of the time I am not even sexually aroused I just need to let the steam off of what feels like a pressure cooker.

About half an hour later my energy returns to its normal lethargic self. Which seems a waste of training. I would like to raise my energy levels but not to the point where I am climbing up the walls.

Hi,

I've read a lot of Dr Yang's stuff too. It almost sounds like you're not storing the qi you are building up through these exercises. Maybe try a closedown procedure like kunlun has? Bring the energy back to the LDT after you are done working with it, that is a place it can be safely stored.

the problem you are reffering to is pretty delicate, as none of the teachers i know talk about it openly, and if they do, they never emphasize it...

good luck

I remember saying to my first teacher, about how incredibly sexual this work was, and why isnt anybody saying so? He laughed, and said "they are all feeling it, but they dont say it..... why you think all those monks are so happy?!"

the fact is, it is a huge job for males to learn to contain the energy and many teachers/people dont manage it and become a bit obsessed with acting out their need for sexual gratification. this is one of the reasons why this stuff has been secret before..

Brings me to wondering how it effects a woman when this energy is passed to her through a males ejaculation?

It would be much more energised than normal sperm. Would it be absorbed and nourish the woman?

Perhaps that is why some spiritual leaders turn into nuts and insist on humping everything in sight :D

Guest sykkelpump

Interesting. I've noticed the complete opposite. Lately Kunlun is reducing some of the libido and orgasm inducing effects of Witch's (Marena Lindberg's) Orgasmic Diet that I'm following. Right after Kunlun my libido and ability to orgasm takes a major nose dive. I have to take a day off and boost fish oil, zinc/magnesium intake and eliminate almost all carbs to get my libido back.

That is not a good sign,but maybe it is just temporary before your channels opens more

I would not claim that I am experienced, but I'd like to throw in my two cents. From what I've read many of these reactions are normal. I believe it was Nan Huai-Chin who said that if the body does not want to sleep, then do not sleep. Alternatively, if you are attached to sleep... I assume that you are doing these practices before going to bed? If this is the case have you considered changing your waking hours to incorporate an extensive routine when you first awaken, thus giving you all this energy for the day ahead? Doing it this way would most likely keep you from wanking away most of your jing (because you'd be in a rush to get to work!) and you'd be able to use your extra energy throughout your day.

Regarding the meditation you do, I would recommend taking up vipassana rather than emptiness. From what i've read it is generally recommended that one will not experience true emptiness until one can go beyond the step of one-pointed meditation.

That is not a good sign,but maybe it is just temporary before your channels opens more

Why is that not a good sign? Is it a sign I should be scared of? I am stopping Kunlun right now. Can someone explain to me what it is a sign of and why it's bad?

Mantra in particular...I need your help. Please...tell me why this is bad. Is Kunlun hurting me? :(

imho, being that you have major injuries, your body may react in its own way. if your body needs to internalize that energy for healing, it would make sense that it is using the extra energy for that. I didnt take that as it was necessarily a bad thing - a balance thing, perhaps? Chris could give a more definitive answer.

Guest sykkelpump

Why is that not a good sign? Is it a sign I should be scared of? I am stopping Kunlun right now. Can someone explain to me what it is a sign of and why it's bad?

Mantra in particular...I need your help. Please...tell me why this is bad. Is Kunlun hurting me? :(

Hello,dont panic.I doubt it will hurt you.But normally when your chi channels start to open your health and sex will be better.In chinese medicine it is considered as a bad health sign if you lose your libido.But this is maybe unbalance in your channels before they opens up.Are you forcing things or directing your chi i certain pattern with your mind.If you are it is the same as you tell your body where you need energy and knowing it better then the body itself,and that may cause unbalance for a while.before the body adjust back by itself.but this is my experience and my opinion.

Focus on your belly alot (alot) .. this can get you more stable, legs can take something also.

You seem sensitive to energy wich is a really good thing but if it gets a bit to much you can focus on grounding more maybe even consider take a small break from strong qigong or meditation practice you may do.

You can also guide energy out of your body, try pushing it out your handpalms or heels. Eat enough but not to much sugar, drink enough water, never coffee. Take the shower instead of a bath and open the window in your livingroom even if its cold outside.

Dont mix practices.

It takes time to adjust, step by step dont let it rush up to you, always keep natural and stable.

When Cameron from here on the forum had problems with to much energy he was adviced to run alot on the ground outside, jump or do gardenwork maybe football. (Also that he had to eat meat but you didnt hear that from me)

Good luck in training masterforge !

Edited by minkus

I burn a lot of the energy off!

I run 3.2miles every other day, swim once a week and Jujitsu on Fridays! Out side of normal Taiji, Qi Gong, Meditation I am also training with my brother-in-law martial arts (sparring, foot-work, etc).

Perhaps more yin training as earlier suggested may help. Too much Yang work. A bit more meditation.

I let my chi sink tonight after QiGong and Tai Ji. I have been slipping with the closing/sinking at the end and have hurried that and gone off to do other things. I now realise that the closing is also very important. I am going to pay more attention to this thanks to forum members suggestions.

Sign in to follow this