daimai

Flowing energy

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you all what are your experiences with practicing cultivation methods and interacting with other people in terms of general auric flow.

Many of us have certainly noticed with increased practice that our energy fields may be amplified and this includes our mental, psychic and emotional bodies. There are also the karmic fields (and more) that are amplified.

I have been an introvert most of my life, but I am working on my real life human interactions and trying to make them better.

What is the "correct" thing to do with all this energy in human interactions? In a typical day, we have many interactions, and many conscious choices, as well as unconscious reactions and projections. It's like a great big juggling act, right? You are trying to manage your thoughts, your emotions, your energy. You practice this every day- it is your art!   Now there is a lot more input from many people. You try to understand them. You want to be kind, but you want to also express your inner truth.

What if say, you fall in love with a beautiful member of the opposite sex. Your heart is overflowing with love. Everyone needs to get on with their day but you find that person irresistible. The heart energy can be intense. So you pull back, and get on with your routine.

Or you get irrationally angry. And no matter how hard you try, you can't un-rationalize your sense of righteous indignation, and you end up burning everything in your path with angry liver laser eyes!  Just.... let go!

We see that all of our thoughts, words and actions have very real consequences. So you know that to stay on the right path, there needs to be middle way and moderation. But how do you gently restrain the folly of love? You only live once, right??! Why are we so terrified of telling others we love them?

Edited by daimai
  • Like 1

The "correct" way is specific to the individuals interacting, from my point of view.

Usually, it is the fear of rejection that keeps us from telling another person we how we feel about them.

Cultivate a loving friendship first that allows for a more in-depth conversation regarding the feelings you might have for the other person.

Or, you can throw caution to the wind and just put it out there, you just might get what you send out in return. ;)

:wub:

• Like 2

Nice topic.  I hope it gets many responses.

And BTW, I am an introvert.  I know, it doesn't appear that way.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you all what are your experiences with practicing cultivation methods and interacting with other people in terms of general auric flow.

Many of us have certainly noticed with increased practice that our energy fields may be amplified and this includes our mental, psychic and emotional bodies. There are also the karmic fields (and more) that are amplified.

I have been an introvert most of my life, but I am working on my real life human interactions and trying to make them better.

What is the "correct" thing to do with all this energy in human interactions? In a typical day, we have many interactions, and many conscious choices, as well as unconscious reactions and projections. It's like a great big juggling act, right? You are trying to manage your thoughts, your emotions, your energy. You practice this every day- it is your art!   Now there is a lot more input from many people. You try to understand them. You want to be kind, but you want to also express your inner truth.

What if say, you fall in love with a beautiful member of the opposite sex. Your heart is overflowing with love. Everyone needs to get on with their day but you find that person irresistible. The heart energy can be intense. So you pull back, and get on with your routine.

Or you get irrationally angry. And no matter how hard you try, you can't un-rationalize your sense of righteous indignation, and you end up burning everything in your path with angry liver laser eyes!  Just.... let go!

We see that all of our thoughts, words and actions have very real consequences. So you know that to stay on the right path, there needs to be middle way and moderation. But how do you gently restrain the folly of love? You only live once, right??! Why are we so terrified of telling others we love them?

I'll start at the end and work up...

It's terrifying to tell someone that we love them if we anticipate the possibility of rejection.

Then the relationship is over before it even started and we will look for reasons in our own imperfections.

That's painful.

If we know the other person loves us, it's easy! 

If we don't care if the other person loves us, it doesn't matter... so it's easy!

So the problem is that we care too much about the outcome. 

We identify too strongly with the one inside us who wants to connect, to be accepted, to be loved. 

Most of us are starved for genuine, meaningful connection, the romance and sex are fun but the connection is what we really crave. 

The trick is to be OK with whatever the outcome, rejection or acceptance.

To not define ourselves by circumstances and situations, to free ourselves from the addiction to approval.

This is something we've been conditioned with from birth (from time immemorial if you are a believer in past lives).

Anthony Demello talks extensively and beautifully about this addiction.

Finding a place, a state, within ourselves that is supportive enough to know we will be OK either way, no matter the outcome, makes it easier to connect with and express our vulnerability. That place is there always, for all of us, but it is obscured by the thoughts and emotions and our habitual over-identification with them.

We only live once and that life is very short. If we open ourselves and get more familiar and comfortable with vulnerability, with insecurity, we have the opportunity of all sorts of possibilities. If we close down, to protect ourselves from disappointment and rejection, we have nothing but regret. In the end, the only true security is acceptance that there is no real security.

My approach currently is to be spacious, like the clear sky. Clouds come and go, both beautiful and terrifying, and the space is unchanged. The space allows everything, rejects nothing, and gives birth to all experience without bias. Reactive thoughts and emotions come up and it's OK. There is no need to analyze, to plan and plot, to figure out, or push away. Just be with them fully, in awareness. With a little time, they feel a little less solid, there is a little space there to breath and observe objectively, nakedly.

One can then work with that space, just let things be just as they are, and the space will grow and the emotions and thoughts will soften and eventually, naturally fade... liberate. In that space there is infinite possibility, there are options, and we are acting rather than re-acting. In that space we see there is no need to do anything but rest and allow things to happen as they will. What is resting? The ego, the thought form that assumes the mantle of thinker, me, and acts as if it is in control. The me feeling is nothing more than a feeling, it is space and awareness, and yet we hold very tight to it. It feels solid and real and is the source of so much pain. 

Meditation is a great way to begin to see through our conditioned patterns and begin to get a glimpse of our nature. We are not what we think we are, we are so much more. When we are able to connect with that, the fear will be far less and the ability to reach out and connect will become effortless.

Thanks for sharing as you did, that's the most important step to take!

Now do it with the one you love... just be open and willing to be OK with whatever comes of it.

• Like 4

So it's not that I'm in love with you.

Yet somehow when I'm with you, or I think about you, that which is love in me, naturally releases and encompasses my experience of the present moment and I say 'I'm in love'.

It's not because you do certain things, or say the 'right things' to me, or about me, that 'make me love you'.

Certain events cut through the fog of my monkey mind and shake me a bit and remind me of the love which is already present and I momentarily release my blockages on that love and it flows, naturally, effortlessly.

Then I analyze this and say "you love me".

Love just is...

Do I really have to give myself permission to not need permission to be this love?

Let go.  Let Love Be.

• Like 1

Sometimes simply appreciating another's beauty is more than enough reward, without having to make known one's inner desires. Usually the building up of the urge to express these mysterious emotions associated with 'falling in love' is no more than a craving for the feeling of wanting confirmation that we are worthy to be loved in return. This can be caused by a number of things, namely, fear, self loathing, guilt, lack of esteem... all negative in nature. If you turn these around by realigning these neurotic patterns with their positive equivalent (takes work of course, but certainly a worthwhile endeavour), you will find that what began as a kind of constrictive, narrow craving will gradually and gently be replaced with a heart that grows in warmth, caringness, unselfishness and tends to overflow with a special type of gratitude & generosity that seeks out opportunities to always consider other's needs as equal or even more important than one's own. 

• Like 2

Love is a tremendously powerful force. When that force hits are energy body it can be abrasive and unbalancing. Work with your energy body so that it can handle that power in a balanced way. We have many holes and blockages in our culture and thus our subtle bodies that encourages this imbalanced interaction. Practice your internal work diligently. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 2

^_^ 

I'll start at the end and work up...

It's terrifying to tell someone that we love them if we anticipate the possibility of rejection.

Then the relationship is over before it even started and we will look for reasons in our own imperfections.

That's painful.

If we know the other person loves us, it's easy! 

If we don't care if the other person loves us, it doesn't matter... so it's easy!

So the problem is that we care too much about the outcome. 

We identify too strongly with the one inside us who wants to connect, to be accepted, to be loved. 

Most of us are starved for genuine, meaningful connection, the romance and sex are fun but the connection is what we really crave. 

The trick is to be OK with whatever the outcome, rejection or acceptance.

To not define ourselves by circumstances and situations, to free ourselves from the addiction to approval.

This is something we've been conditioned with from birth (from time immemorial if you are a believer in past lives).

Anthony Demello talks extensively and beautifully about this addiction.

Finding a place, a state, within ourselves that is supportive enough to know we will be OK either way, no matter the outcome, makes it easier to connect with and express our vulnerability. That place is there always, for all of us, but it is obscured by the thoughts and emotions and our habitual over-identification with them.

We only live once and that life is very short. If we open ourselves and get more familiar and comfortable with vulnerability, with insecurity, we have the opportunity of all sorts of possibilities. If we close down, to protect ourselves from disappointment and rejection, we have nothing but regret. In the end, the only true security is acceptance that there is no real security.

My approach currently is to be spacious, like the clear sky. Clouds come and go, both beautiful and terrifying, and the space is unchanged. The space allows everything, rejects nothing, and gives birth to all experience without bias. Reactive thoughts and emotions come up and it's OK. There is no need to analyze, to plan and plot, to figure out, or push away. Just be with them fully, in awareness. With a little time, they feel a little less solid, there is a little space there to breath and observe objectively, nakedly.

One can then work with that space, just let things be just as they are, and the space will grow and the emotions and thoughts will soften and eventually, naturally fade... liberate. In that space there is infinite possibility, there are options, and we are acting rather than re-acting. In that space we see there is no need to do anything but rest and allow things to happen as they will. What is resting? The ego, the thought form that assumes the mantle of thinker, me, and acts as if it is in control. The me feeling is nothing more than a feeling, it is space and awareness, and yet we hold very tight to it. It feels solid and real and is the source of so much pain. 

Meditation is a great way to begin to see through our conditioned patterns and begin to get a glimpse of our nature. We are not what we think we are, we are so much more. When we are able to connect with that, the fear will be far less and the ability to reach out and connect will become effortless.

Thanks for sharing as you did, that's the most important step to take!

Now do it with the one you love... just be open and willing to be OK with whatever comes of it.

Edited by daimai
  • Like 2