steve

Free Bön Buddhist Teachings

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche has started a regular schedule of brief, free internet teachings.

To date they have been extracts and discussion from books he has published.

They are presented on most weekdays utilizing Facebook Live through his Facebook page. 

Here is the schedule for the upcoming week:

Healing with Form, Energy, and Light

Part I - Monday Jan 9

Part II - Tuesday Jan 10

Part III - Wednesday Jan 11

All broadcasts start at 12pm EST and can be viewed after the fact through his page.

Previous broadcasts remain available and include Dream/Sleep Yoga and Soul Retrieval topics.

• Like 6

Besides Dream/Sleep yoga teachings bon methods are generally not worth much practice.

I would disagree. :)

• Like 2

I practiced a lot of methods from Bon yungdrung lineage, from basic to more advanced practices like rushen etc.

the dream yoga and sleep yoga are very good as you can practice 24/7.

Of course radical compassion teachings and stuff like this as basic of buddhist teaching are superb as always.

It's not personal opinion of course - it's based as always on experience.

The best if you can learn Yang-Ti practice and do it really, if you do then it's life changing for sure.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing

You need to prove first that practice I named do not belong to those. Dzogchen tantras are part of bon tradition etc.

I never said that Bon practices do not lead to enlightenment etc. I mean it's better to practice qigong then practice basic bon practices, mantras etc. which are not much effective.

Dream Yoga and sleep yoga leads to enlightenment in bardo. You have no basics in buddhist so please either learn more with our talks and discussion or be less authoritative so it will be make discussion more wholesome.

Yeah, it may sound like I mean all Bon teachings but what I mean this kind of internet retreats which are limited to basic methods.

Back in my 20s, I used to practice a sequence of kum nye from the bon tradition, taught by Stephanie Wright. I remember it having a lot of juice.

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 1

Besides Dream/Sleep yoga teachings bon methods are generally not worth much practice.

I`d argue that anything that involves sitting still, paying attention, and developing awareness is worth a great deal of practice.  

• Like 2

Bo Po Buddhism is the oldest of all branches and have some nuqie teachings,among them are Dzogchen.

Ormus

• Like 1

The nature of the rain is the same. 

In the garden, it yields flowers.

In the desert, ...  thorns.

The Buddhas teach 84000 methods to benefit sentient beings!

Speaking ill of teachings from such a beautiful, unbroken lineage benefits no one.

Sad to see such disrespect

• Like 6

I'm not speaking ill, stop clinging to the teachings and be more pragmatic not romantic. I'm speaking the way they are.

btw.

"Padmasambhava told “Benza Guru Drubtop”, “If you live on for 7 more years, your eyesight will be recovered. The reason for you having lost sight in both eyes is that you previously believed in the Bon religion and especially, you had disparaged and despised (noble beings), causing confused inter-dependent phenomenon to arise. Now although you have seen me, due to that karmic obscuration, you will not be able to immediately regain your eyesight.”

Go tell Padmasambhava that he disrespecting religion too. lol

I'm not speaking ill, stop clinging to the teachings and be more pragmatic not romantic. I'm speaking the way they are.

btw.

"Padmasambhava told “Benza Guru Drubtop”, “If you live on for 7 more years, your eyesight will be recovered. The reason for you having lost sight in both eyes is that you previously believed in the Bon religion and especially, you had disparaged and despised (noble beings), causing confused inter-dependent phenomenon to arise. Now although you have seen me, due to that karmic obscuration, you will not be able to immediately regain your eyesight.”

Here is some context for the story you are trying to telling...

"Benza Guru Druptop" was not born blind. It is said that his visual impairment was the result of curses wrought by mantras which his enemies had inflicted upon him. Before he went blind, he was just a common farmer who belonged to the Bon religion. At that time, the farmer did not understand the vast qualities of Padmasambhava and had even entertained sacrilegious views towards Guru Rinpoche and slandered him with negative speech. 

http://www.lamatsongkhapa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=235:motivasi-yang-tulus-membawa-pencapaian&catid=96:worthywords&Itemid=140

• Like 3

btw.

The ancient animosity between Bön and Buddhism has long since liberated.

Who is clinging?

• Like 3

I'm not speaking from that perspective of animosity, I just practiced it and there are less practices which have impact of your well being in Bon in generally.

I do not see reason why you trying to silence or oppose my opinion rather then take it and let go - unconsciously proving what I'm saying about Bon teachings.

I'm not speaking from that perspective of animosity, I just practiced it and there are less practices which have impact of your well being in Bon in generally.

I do not see reason why you trying to silence or oppose my opinion rather then take it and let go - unconsciously proving what I'm saying about Bon teachings.

You are always welcome to share how teachings impact your well being.

Positive, negative - all is fine, that is the reason for my quote about flowers and thorns.

That is why we are here - to share and, hopefully, support one another.

In saying an unbroken, ancient lineage of wisdom teachings is "not generally worth much practice," you are implying all others will respond the same and shouldn't bother. Your knowledge and experience of Bön are limited (Rushen is a preliminary practice, not advanced). You are conflating your own karmic relationship to Bön with the value of Bön in general. It is nothing more than egoism. To make negative generalizations about dharma is both idle and divisive and will not generate merit. 

If my intention was to silence or oppose you, I would simply hide your posts or move the thread to my PPF and lock it. 

I prefer allowing this interaction to develop as it will - hopefully it can be an opportunity for growth for all of us. 

• Like 10

I'm not saying Bon is not worth of practicing, but I said those practices which are in those seminars which are basics yogas, pranayamas etc. 

Ummm, actually, you did...

Only later did you clarify, somewhat, after you go a reaction from practitioners.

I practiced a lot of methods from Bon yungdrung lineage, from basic to more advanced practices like rushen etc.

the dream yoga and sleep yoga are very good as you can practice 24/7.

Of course radical compassion teachings and stuff like this as basic of buddhist teaching are superb as always.

It's not personal opinion of course - it's based as always on experience.

The best if you can learn Yang-Ti practice and do it really, if you do then it's life changing for sure.

Dream Yoga and sleep yoga leads to enlightenment in bardo. You have no basics in buddhist so please either learn more with our talks and discussion or be less authoritative so it will be make discussion more wholesome.

Yeah, it may sound like I mean all Bon teachings but what I mean this kind of internet retreats which are limited to basic methods.

From my perspective as a moderator, to elicit a wholesome discussion one must first, at minimum, appear to be coming from a wholesome place themselves. Coming into a thread where an experienced Bon practitioner is sharing something, even if basic in your view, does not induce such. We must remember, that our experiences rarely mimic that of another, so statements like "I am speaking they way they are" tend to feed the discourse in a discussion.

I am just lending some words of advice and in no way am I trying to demean your personal experiences or questions the way you have others on this forum.

I am happy to discuss this further privately from a moderation perspective, but for now this has gone far enough in this thread.

• Like 4

There`s something a bit mysterious about the process of spiritual development.  When we practice we naturally want to know if our efforts are doing any good.  We want to say this practice works and is worth doing, this one isn`t.  Trouble is, it`s often not so easy to tell.  Sometimes a practice stirs something deep down inside at a level we`re not aware of.  Sometimes a practice feels boring or stupid or just plain painful, emotionally or physically, and it`s the best possible thing we could be doing.

Or maybe it`s just the wrong practice for us at that moment.  

This is one reason why it`s good to have a teacher, someone who can see us from a perspective that is wider and deeper than we can see ourselves.

LL

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 7