Sign in to follow this  
Rintrah

Hello from Japan

Hello Rintrah, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Rintrah,

When coming in peace we raise our right hand as in a wave to show that we have no weapon.  We wish you well too.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Hello all, thanks for the welcome :) Yes I speak Japanese. My parents are US Americans but I was born and raised here.

• Like 3

Hello all, thanks for the welcome :) Yes I speak Japanese. My parents are US Americans but I was born and raised here.

so being in japan you have ways to go to temples and to learn various methods, what the heck are you doing here? 

so being in japan you have ways to go to temples and to learn various methods, what the heck are you doing here? 

Here we talk with each other.  The Zen Buddhist Monks only slap your on the back of you head with a bamboo stick.  We have fun here; I doubt getting hit on the back of the head is fun.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Marble I do not mean that this forum is bad, but I would come here from japan to share methods rather then look up for answers. :)

in japan there are many great esoteric and taoist practices.

• Like 1

Marble I do not mean that this forum is bad, but I would come here from japan to share methods rather then look up for answers. :) in japan there are many great esoteric and taoist practices.

There were no other thoughts in my above post, only the words I typed.  A spontaneous response.

But then, now that you have reminded me of what I said, perhaps in my subconscious mind there was the thought that in an institution it is "their" way or no way.  Here there are many ways and we discuss most of them.  As the saying goes, there are many paths along our journey.

Marble I do not mean that this forum is bad, but I would come here from japan to share methods rather then look up for answers. :) in japan there are many great esoteric and taoist practices.

I have to confess I'm not aware of much Taoist practices in Japan. Taoist concepts are not mainstream in Japan and Taoism as a religion is non-existent. The teachers I've learned from here trace their learning back to China.

Welcome! What part of Japan did you grow up in? I know a number of people in my age range who grew up in expat families in Tokyo, Osaka, and Kobe--and if ASIJ, OIS, or CA mean anything to you, then please do message me later. Enjoy your time here!

Yes I know what ASIJ and CA are :) I was a student of CAJ in Tokyo but I grew up in Nagano. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this