sillybearhappyhoneyeater

Talking bad about good things

I think we need to have some sort of agreement to stop with the internal derision of Wu Liu Pai.

The people making these threads are not citing any texts related to that style and are wasting a lot of time and energy trying to make a good style look weak.   If they are not experienced enough to refer directly to the texts, they should just avoid talking about them altogether.  

I don't know how the mods or other posters feel about this, but from a personal perspective, this forum is much less enjoyable than it was before, since there is so much fighting and nonsense to sift through.

There are still people practicing Wu Liu Pai and its daughter Qian Feng Pai in Beijing and Tianjin alive today and their practices represent an important part of the big picture of Dan Dao.   Anyone wanting to talk about these things should do a bit of research about them first, instead of just opening up their mouths and letting out a bad smell.

• Like 6

(...)   If they are not experienced enough to refer directly to the texts, they should just avoid talking about them altogether.  

(...)

Anyone wanting to talk about these things should do a bit of research about them first, instead of just opening up their mouths and letting out a bad smell.

I have no problem with an honest checking or discussion but as you said, there was only irony without textual support. (I even provide her and her followers with good pages in which they can trace word and expressions in the daozang).

Plus, quoting articles not at all related to the discussion, perhaps hoping that people not reading chinese believe what she says only because she can provide a link.

In a discussion about the expression "dharma whhel" (http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/42915-how-do-we-treat-the-influence-of-wu-liu-pai-to-modern-society/) after turning the whole point on my personal achievements (lack of them, on her clairvoyant view) instead on the origin of such expresion my last post was deleted, of course, being a Personal practice forum she has her rights but it seems to me that this reflects a totally ill-willed disposition.

• Like 2

Somethings the initial issue is a cause and sometimes the second punch is the one the referee calls as more dangerous.  In forum issues, both of these seem to hold true too.    A person is allowed their opinion and a discussion on a topic.

If folks find it groundless, they can also choose to ignore it.   But continued posting in it and calling it spam or trash actually are reactive posts causing a more dangerous atmosphere at times.    

I've mostly seen the former calling out a branch as found in schools but has not called out anyone individual by name... yet the responders continue to call out people by name.    That is showing less control over one's opinion as it is taken to a more, directly personal level.   That is creeping on rules issues more than the former.

• Like 1

Ummm....what`s Wu Lui Pai?  Maybe I missed the threads where someone explained what it was all about for beginners who don`t know.  Is it a system of movements like qi gung?  Or a more of a quiet sitting meditation practice?  What do people who take up the practice typically get out of it?

Generally speaking, I think critiques of teachers and methods are best left to people who have actually experienced said teachers and methods and can speak from personal experience.

Some friends tried Wu Liu methods and get hurt.

I tried it before.

It is not Dan dao.

The methods are collecting chi into ren du to form a bright light. And move the the light in ren du.

It is one of qi gung.

It is not Dan dao.

But they claim they are Dan dao school and advertise a lot to ask people to pay money to their true teacher.

That is the problem.

I just told the truth.

You have the right to decide.

• Like 1

I tried it before.

It is not Dan dao.

The methods are collecting chi into ren du to form a bright light. And move the the light in ren du.

It is one of qi gung.

It is not Dan dao.

But they claim they are Dan dao school and advertise a lot to ask people to pay money to their true teacher.

That is the problem.

I just told the truth.

Again and again, this is not wuliu methods at all.

You are not saying the truth, you are talking about an experience, not the truth. 

Besides, the patriarch of the school warns against that practice. So, don't do it.

In wuliupai, methods are not the central part, the core is the relationship teacher student and the transmision from heart to heart. So, there is no wuliu practice from books or qq friends.

I others pais methods are more central.

What is the truth of Wu Liu?

Except the true teacher?

So the only truth is the belief of the true teacher?

It sounds like a religion.

I heard many crazy things that people believe the true teacher and would die for their true teacher.

And they will provide a lot of amazing stories to prove their teacher has super power.

What their teacher teach is to surrender to him.

• Like 1

I tried it before.

It is not Dan dao.

It is one of qi gung.

It is not Dan dao.

That is the problem.

Awaken, could you provide us with more information who exactly taught you WLP' methods (name and address of your teacher), what was the initial method (its name and what you did) and why you think it was authentic WLP teacher and methods? Mind you there are a lot of fake teachers in China who only pretend to be real teachers.

If you dont provide us with this infromation then I kindly ask you stop attackind Wu Liu Pai school on this forum.

By the way I do not know anyone who suffered from practising WLP methods and have not even heard about such issues 

Edited by Antares
  • Like 1

If you believe wu Liu is right, you should prove why wu Liu is right.

The only thing I saw is selling the true teacher and secret methods.

Dan dao is the treasure for all human beings, not for selling.

Not to be twisted by some people.

Not to move the post heaven chi.

The most important part of dan dao is the 玄關

We should focus on how to open 玄關

Not to make another religion

Edited by awaken

guide or master?

Edited by moment
context

If you believe wu Liu is right, you should prove why wu Liu is right.

(...)

Oh, no. You are wrong.
Who accuses someone has the duty to demonstrate his/her accusation to be true. The accused is innocent until his guilty is proved.
So, instead of barking provide facts.
  • Like 2

(...)

Not to move the post heaven chi.

(...)

Again, wuliupai is not about moving post heaven qi.

• Like 1

So how long until Awaken's posts are considered trolling? It's getting real old and she derails a lot of good threads.

You can talk something good instead of attacking someone by name.

But...

You are, even in this thread where sillybear asks that the smearing should please stop, accusing the entire WuLiuPai for multiple things.

Do you feel it unfair if members of that organisation asks you (by name) to back up your statements?

And if they feel that your picture of Wlp is not in line with theirs, is their question about the name and place of the teacher you learned this from so out of line.

From their point of view, since they seem to have attachments to their school, they have an interest to find out if someone is using the name wlp for teachings not afiliated to the school.

On the other hand, if you feel that any part of what they teach is wrong, please share. But without words like twisted, that carries such a negative meaning.

And at least here they are not selling their method, at least not to people living west of Russia.

• Like 3

What bird is screeching?

Fools talk while Sages listen.

Their voices so loud.

Voices amplified
by the incessant flapping
thought-wings in their mind.

• Like 2

I tried it before.

It is not Dan dao.

It is one of qi gung.

It is not Dan dao.

That is the problem.

I just told the truth.

Does this mean Every Thread that mentions Wu Liu is going to have your comments on how bad it is? 

You realize you've written those exact statement in multiple posts. 

At this point we get it.  You don't like Wu Liu.  The only question is whether you are a troll and it is suspendable?  Which would be a pity because you are very knowledgeable and have so much positive experience to contribute.  But a smart troll or dumb one is still a troll.

This has nothing to do with Wu Liu, or qi gong, its simply board etiquette.   The pro and anti groups are looking very immature with the constant insults and arguments on so many threads.  Some of you are going to have to grow up and be able to leave the repetitive arguments behind and talk about something constructive .

• Like 6

You can say something good instead attacking people in name.

Does this mean Every Thread that mentions Wu Liu is going to have your comments on how bad it is?

You realize you've written those exact statement in multiple posts.

At this point we get it. You don't like Wu Liu. The only question is whether you are a troll and it is suspendable? Which would be a pity because you are very knowledgeable and have so much positive experience to contribute. But a smart troll or dumb one is still a troll.

This has nothing to do with Wu Liu, or qi gong, its simply board etiquette. The pro and anti groups are looking very immature with the constant insults and arguments on so many threads. Some of you are going to have to grow up and be able to leave the repetitive arguments behind and talk about something constructive .

You can say something good instead attacking people Wu Liu (or anyone) in name.

I adjusted that a bit and now it feels more balanced... for me anyway.

• Like 5