moment

Scott Meredith

Has anyone here had any personal experience with Scott Meredith?  How did it go?

• Like 1

Hi moment,

You might check out this thread from a couple years back:

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/26699-juice-radical-taiji-energetics/

He's got a new book, just out, haven't read it all yet, but looks really good:

The Aiki Singularity: Transformative Force

And a Facebook Group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LuckyFew/

And YouTube vids and a couple on Vimeo as well.

Edited by cheya
  • Like 3

I had huis book Juice, Peng and Surge for Some while, but because of other interests I never got to it.

But a few weeks ago I got his video Bare Metal Internals on Vimeo and the accompanying book the Aiki singularity, and in the span of just two short weeks of practicing has Shiko/ Catstepping protocol, coupled with his YouTube video railwork #1, has completely transformed everything about energy work for me, open up feeling in the feet and has been the most intense and consistent workout to start feeling the whole energy body flow he talks about, which I can now take into every other Qigong or Internal art I like, or can do when I wait for the train to arrive ;-)

If you want to get started, I would advise the book Aiki singularity, Packing, and then anything that you like or fits your practice style. I'm picking up Tai Chi because of Scott again, because after his drills I feel the energy in the form, and this makes the practice worthwhile.

I'm amazed, and grateful that I tried his two short drills for 10-20 minutes a day for a few weeks. My practice will forever be better thanks to that time spend. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I really like his taiji books, and i like his sense of humor. he has some good excercises to fascilitate greater relaxation in the postures. They helped me at least. :)

• Like 4

I'm curious di to those watching his videos find they Accord with what is written in his books, he writes well.

Edited by windwalker

Everything Scott does is directed at teaching us to feel the energy. So yes, his books and vids are totally in accord.  Energy-Centric Tai Chi... (but once you pick it up, you can use that energy for any practice... or just ... living...) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cheya said:

Everything Scott does is directed at teaching us to feel the energy. So yes, his books and vids are totally in accord.  Energy-Centric Tai Chi... (but once you pick it up, you can use that energy for any practice... or just ... living...) 

Your view is from direct experience working with Scott?

Edited by windwalker

I haven't worked with him in person (he's on the left coast), but been following his stuff since 2012, when I first read Juice: Radical Taiji Energetics.... I'm not advanced at all, but have learned and felt SO much. There are a few people here who have worked with him in person. Maybe one of them will jump in..  

Check out his group MERGE on Facebook... lots of people sharing their experiences... He's got vids on YouTube and Vimeo too..

Edited by cheya
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cheya said:

I haven't worked with him in person (he's on the left coast),

ya my home town.  I've worked with his teacher Ben Lo.  and those I've worked with have  pushed with him...

As I said he writes well...as far as his clips.   people can make up their own minds.  

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cheya said:

I haven't worked with him in person (he's on the left coast), but been following his stuff since 2012, when I first read Juice: Radical Taiji Energetics.... I'm not advanced at all, but have learned and felt SO much. There are a few people here who have worked with him in person. Maybe one of them will jump in..  

Check out his group MERGE on Facebook... lots of people sharing their experiences... He's got vids on YouTube and Vimeo too..

Hi Cheya,

So what have you been practicing most and what are your experiences so far? How does a basic practice day of you look like?

• Like 1

Scott Meredith is removing some of his books from print/sale. no longer available is Raidical Xingyi Energetics, next one on chopping block is Xing Yi Quan. As this year progresses more of these books will become unavailable.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 23/07/2019 at 8:16 PM, zerostao said:

Scott Meredith is removing some of his books from print/sale. no longer available is Raidical Xingyi Energetics, next one on chopping block is Xing Yi Quan. As this year progresses more of these books will become unavailable.

Why is this happening and what will the future hold ?
I have just begun practice of his Xing Yi DVD with 5 methods and 3 animal methods.

I was looking at one of his books yesterday the Cosmic Tabby Cat explaining the universe.

aaam.jpg

• Like 1

You can give it a try, but he seems to be stepping back from teaching.

He does, however, make an interesting offer for a free meet up... pretty amazing...

Check it out on FB...

• Like 3

I read a long response to a question he was asked on Facebook and he said his premise is that energy must be felt strongly when you are doing any of the internal energy arts but few people are able to do this. He has tried to simplify methods so that people can feel the energy  powerfully and then whatever energy art they practice will give them benefits. But without the strong flow of internal energy there is not much benefit. He believes by writing his books he has created too many things for people to do and this is getting away from his goal of simplify the energy work to get right to the experience of it. So that is why I think he is pulling his prior books. He is not getting away from teaching. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, tao stillness said:

He is not getting away from teaching. 

He has said otherwise on the Merge FB page, even intending to close that page at one point. I haven't heard that he has changed his mind about stepping back, but I hope you're right!

• Like 1

Your information is probably from a more recent source than mine is. He sounded disappointed in himself for putting out too many techniques rather than just keeping it simple. 

By the way, that image you have of the energy going up the spine into the upper energy centers brings to mind a very brief and simple method from Stephen Chang that Ken Cohen teaches in his book, The Way of Qigong" on page 158 called Brain Cleansing.

You do slow breathing for awhile and then breath in a white mist that goes to the base of the spine, hold the breath and then visualize the white light going up into the head and bathing the brain and then exhale. There are some more simple details to this very short method best to use in the morning and then before bed. My instructions here are not detailed enough to do the method correctly. I just wanted to give a general idea of the process that your image reminds me of. 

• Like 2

Hi Tao Stillness,

I chose that image as closest I could get to my experiences after locating.. and activating... what Scott calls Niwan, the energy center in the very middle of the brain. Never in a zillion years would I have found that without Scott's input, and finding it was a transformational discovery for me.  

That said, I'm interested in all things brain, and will definitely have a look at Ken Cohen's piece on brain cleansing.  Thank you!

Edited by cheya
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cheya said:

Never in a zillion years would I have found that without Scott's input, and finding it was a transformational discovery for me.

What book was that out of interest ? He has quite a number of them. Can you explain what you mean by Niwan, like the center of the head ?

No matter the teaching style or the way this guy chooses to engineer everything, you've got to give props to this guy. Just for the fact he's an MIT PhD who speaks both fluent Mandarin Chinese *and* Japanese, and also went quite deep in the internal arts, even if he's doing his own thing "McGuyver" style. Hope I can be like him one day, at least meet him half-way haha. Although I don't like engineering my practices at all, but I'm sure he has many valuable things to say. I enjoyed one of his books a while back.

It's very interesting the image you choose Cheya. I know a Master that is quite far along spiritually and she also showed me that image, the same as your avatar,  because it matched her own experience too. Out of all the images she had access too, she chose that one, just like you. I think it's significant. She also gave me that image on a postcard, so when I see your avatar I think of that. You know what they say, great minds think alike, haha.

• Like 2

Hi Sebastian,

Scott mentioned it in his first book, Juice, and has mentioned it periodically in almost all of his books. Packing is probably the next most useful reference, but I can't remember that he ever actually said how to find it, lol.

I recall my experience locating and activating it in the thread Finding Niwan:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Scott Meredith's books and videos have impacted my practice. He's a great explainer. His chapter on "The Secret Of Sink" in  his book "5g Tai Chi" really got the ball rolling for me. So to speak.

• Like 3