Orion

Antakharana

I have a theoretical question about the kundalini pathway for all you Dao Bums out there, and I'd appreciate replies from people with direct experience or at least a good grasp of the textual theory.

If someone has, at some point in their life, built their antakharana and successfully experienced the kundalini pathway from root to crown in full connection, could those pathways ever been shut down or locked again? By abandoning the spiritual path, getting lazy, getting deluded again, etc.?

Or are the gateways permanently unlocked, and the person is merely choosing not to access them?

So are you saying that if we begin to identify with the body as self, and identify with the various egos, the antakharana can move to a lower state again? Or is it the opposite, that once evolved it never goes away?

You say that the antakharana is always there but how is that true if people's kundalini gets stuck there?

Edited by Orion

Yes, they can become sort of "clogged" again. Getting caught up in issues and fears can do it. Also, there are sort of multiple layers (or sheaths) of such risings. One can continue to clear a layer before moving on to the next.

• Like 1

So are you saying that if we begin to identify with the body as self, and identify with the various egos, the antakharana can move to a lower state again? Or is it the opposite, that once evolved it never goes away?

You say that the antakharana is always there but how is that true if people's kundalini gets stuck there?

Kundalini doesn't get stuck. It does it's work as a fetus grows Up into a teenager. Then it goes and becomes dormant in the mooladhara chakra until awakened again as part of kundalini kriya.

Kundalini is however not different from our true self. So we either use a Jnana way to reveal the self and that raises the kundalini up or work on raising the kundalini to eventually reveal the self.

• Like 3

Thank you both. :)

Have you had such an experience? Some shift like you describe?

Have you had such an experience? Some shift like you describe?

Yes...

Five years ago I had my first full kundalini experience. It was a time in my life when I was living pretty close to my true path, but it was being done in a non-sustainable way. I could even do it at will. Eventually it could no longer be maintained and my life became a lot more mundane. Then I became very ill for a couple of years, and when I recovered I didn't have full kundalini rising anymore.

I feel what dwai is saying is true, about how kundalini and the true self are one in of the same. When I engage in activity that relates to my path I find it much easier to access higher energy states. I have had kundalini experiences recently that spanned the full body, reminding me that, in my case, the pathways don't ever truly close up. It's just a matter of clearing and accessing.

But as I am only one person, I wanted to know if this is a universal thing or just me. It seems like the kundalini accomplishments of years ago are still accessible now, but perhaps I am learning to do it in a more sustainable way rather.

• Like 1

Yes...

Five years ago I had my first full kundalini experience. It was a time in my life when I was living pretty close to my true path, but it was being done in a non-sustainable way. I could even do it at will. Eventually it could no longer be maintained and my life became a lot more mundane. Then I became very ill for a couple of years, and when I recovered I didn't have full kundalini rising anymore.

I feel what dwai is saying is true, about how kundalini and the true self are one in of the same. When I engage in activity that relates to my path I find it much easier to access higher energy states. I have had kundalini experiences recently that spanned the full body, reminding me that, in my case, the pathways don't ever truly close up. It's just a matter of clearing and accessing.

But as I am only one person, I wanted to know if this is a universal thing or just me. It seems like the kundalini accomplishments of years ago are still accessible now, but perhaps I am learning to do it in a more sustainable way rather.

I think you have had some good insights.  I would also agree with the way Dwai describes it.  Sort of like the energetic aspect of the true self kind of cleaning the crap out of the way... :)