林愛偉

Some Thing For You All

Greetings All,

Inspired by Truth, a member of this forum; I decided to post up here a few videos I did for a cultivation brother of mine. I thought it may be beneficial for us here. I hope they are put to good use.

Peace and Blessings

Lifting and Pressing Part 1

UgfAuRV3EjQ

Lifting and Pressing Part 2

EC79mAQAqLg

Stepping Cultivation

x1P9sNwXY6Q

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jingxinshengong

Edited by 林愛偉

Great stuff:)

Just ignore my video and reefer straight to these ones.There allot more informative

I particularly like the theory in the second video about the energetic aspects of standing.There is to much obsession with chi phenomenon like raising the chi up the spine and leaving it lingering in the head thinking that its going to help you achieve spiritual states.More emphasis should be on just regulating your body and mind.Let all the chi functions happen naturally.And when finished always bring it back down

Great stuff:)

Just ignore my video and reefer straight to these ones.There allot more informative

I particularly like the theory in the second video about the energetic aspects of standing.There is to much obsession with chi phenomenon like raising the chi up the spine and leaving it lingering in the head thinking that its going to help you achieve spiritual states.More emphasis should be on just regulating your body and mind.Let all the chi functions happen naturally.And when finished always bring it back down

My brother, your video helped me make a decision to post these. Thank you for the inspiration :)

When practicing these methods, just be mindful of the posture, breath and keep from daydreaming about feelings, abilities and images that may appear.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

There is to much obsession with chi phenomenon like raising the chi up the spine and leaving it lingering in the head thinking that its going to help you achieve spiritual states.

:o Really? What Qi Gong Traditions teach this? I always read that leaving Chi in one's head is very dangerous. After my Kunlun during meditation I try to make at least a portion of that time focus on a point a bit below my navel for added safety.

Beleive me there are alot of spiritual wackos out there that think this is good.I often see workshops and even attend a few of them that theach there kundalini methods of how to raise the serpent energy into your brain then visualizing a lotus flower bloom open and releasing the spectacular light of kundalini in all directions and feeling light bliss evelop your soul.They just leave the energy there.

Try this every day for a week and see how you feel haha

I often see workshops and even attend a few of them that theach there kundalini methods of how to raise the serpent energy into your brain then visualizing a lotus flower bloom open and releasing the spectacular light of kundalini in all directions and feeling light bliss evelop your soul.They just leave the energy there.

I think I might have done something like this back in the mid 90's. I was doing an exercise from a book called the Middle Pillar by Israel Regardie, been practicing for about 6 months when I experienced a brilliant blinding light. I tried to squint my eyes and realised "I don't have any eyes the light is everywhere" almost panicked but was able to let go and really can't explain or remember any more after that. After a while (or a second) I was back again. It was a really strange and disturbing experience and I never practiced that ritual again. It pretty much marked my departure from the Golden Dawn stuff.

ps. Perhaps the book had some sort of closing, but I think it was just the lesser banishing again, cant remember, but the light experience I can recall like it just happened.

p.p.s. And I really miss my Ophiel book on Astral travel that I loaned someone around the same time :(

When practicing these methods, just be mindful of the posture, breath and keep from daydreaming about feelings, abilities and images that may appear.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Thanks for sharing these gems Sifu Lin. I prefer the non-flashy stuff personally ;). I am trying hard to let go of the thoughts, sensations etc.... The worst thing is when I get these "brilliant" epiphanies during meditation. I have to really force myself to let go of them. It's like the ego is trying hard to lead me off the path.

P.S. Your stepping gong reminds me a lot of 'part wild horse's mane'. What style/styles of tai chi do you teach? I just recently realized I was not sitting deep enough during my steps and loading all of my weight into the knees.

You really have a great way of projecting the calmness and intent or state of mind one should strive for. Really some of the best videos I have seen in that respect. And me being a compulsive "searcher" that means I've seen a few :)

Edited by thedole

Thanks for sharing these gems Sifu Lin. I prefer the non-flashy stuff personally ;). I am trying hard to let go of the thoughts, sensations etc.... The worst thing is when I get these "brilliant" epiphanies during meditation. I have to really force myself to let go of them. It's like the ego is trying hard to lead me off the path.

P.S. Your stepping gong reminds me a lot of 'part wild horse's mane'. What style/styles of tai chi do you teach? I just recently realized I was not sitting deep enough during my steps and loading all of my weight into the knees.

I cultivate the Zheng Man Qing (Cheng Man Ching) Taiji Quan 37form. A few other things as well. ^_^

Don't press the hips too far forward, just have them pulling down from the tail bone and with it pressed slightly forward, also remember not to bend too deep in the knees. :-D

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

You really have a great way of projecting the calmness and intent or state of mind one should strive for. Really some of the best videos I have seen in that respect. And me being a compulsive "searcher" that means I've seen a few :)

Peace and Blessings ..... Glad you like them :)

Wow cool stuff Lin, Can only view these on my home computer so it took me a while to see them, nice to put a voice to the face :)

Thank you.

p.s. And seeing I can get U tube just found your Wing Chun vid

WOW, very cool, [salutes] Beautiful structure. The Uplifting technique looked like Tong Long's Tok Tarn Sau. Others look similar too. And people say all Arts are the different hahahahah :D

Would love to touch hands, but you would have to take it easy on a beginner like me.

Wow cool stuff Lin, Can only view these on my home computer so it took me a while to see them, nice to put a voice to the face :)

Thank you.

p.s. And seeing I can get U tube just found your Wing Chun vid

WOW, very cool, [salutes] Beautiful structure. The Uplifting technique looked like Tong Long's Tok Tarn Sau. Others look similar too. And people say all Arts are the different hahahahah :D

Would love to touch hands, but you would have to take it easy on a beginner like me.

haha

I practice Wing Chun for 9yrs now. You found my Wing Chun vids.. haha For those interested, here is the link to the Wing Chun vids:

http://www.youtube.com/yunxing

There are similar fundamentals to all systems, and very similar transitions in all systems. That is why my Taiji Quan looks like Wing Chun and Bagua and my Wing Chun looks like my Taiji and Bagua, Bagua looks like my Taiji and Wing Chun.. hahaha

It is the transitions one must master. And the only way to do that is to learn physics...learn the body.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Was just watching the first one. I'm in the office watching with no sound so my boss doesn't notice.

And I got a really nice sensation from it. Even just the first two minutes with hardly any movement produced a nice, still, embodied feeling, with a gentle sweeping up and down as your arms moved.

Thank you.

Did some lifting and pressing this morning, very nice. Thanks for your excellent vids Lin. Is there a recommended number of repititions or time?

Did some lifting and pressing this morning, very nice. Thanks for your excellent vids Lin. Is there a recommended number of repititions or time?

For each exercise, at least 5 minutes. The rocking exercise you can do for much longer because it takes full concentration to really recognize the difference in the shifting of weight and how to press with the feet from the hips and knees with as little muscle as possible.. haha

For all the exercises, at least 5 minutes, but at most ... 15-35 minutes. The longer the better. ^_^

There are so many combination practices that arise from those basic ones. The levels of practice are almost endless. One can go far with those basics, for those basics lead directly into some advanced practices...advanced only meaning advanced for one who can't handle certain applications of the cultivation.

Peace,

Lin

Was just watching the first one. I'm in the office watching with no sound so my boss doesn't notice.

And I got a really nice sensation from it. Even just the first two minutes with hardly any movement produced a nice, still, embodied feeling, with a gentle sweeping up and down as your arms moved.

Thank you.

^_^

Edited by 林愛偉

These will be a great addition to my cultivation practice. Very calm and graceful. Wonderful videos. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Marvelous addition to my morning routine :) Thank you Lin

These will be a great addition to my cultivation practice. Very calm and graceful. Wonderful videos. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

No thanks needed... :)