Sign in to follow this  
Taiji Bum

Taoist community in Columbia persecuted.

Is this for real? Anybody ever heard of this place?

http://www.geocities.com/taocommunity/

TAO COMMUNITY AT THE TEMPLO VEGETAL SAKROAKUARIUS IN COLOMBIA

17 YEARS OF PERSECUTION AGAINST A PEACEFUL COMMUNITY

JUNGLES OF ETASHTITLAN

(AMERICA)

We will set out in brief words to elaborate a summary, up to these days, of 17 years of persecution with attacks of all kinds and another number of actions perpetrated against the Taoists that up to this date have left already close to a hundred corpses of Taoists; this without counting the hundreds, that without being Taoists, have been victims because they were confused with Taoists or for the belief that amongst them there were Taoists.

Since in order to elaborate a total chronicle of this bloody persecution we would need perhaps several thousand pages, we will make a brief synthesis and will cite some events, of the most recent at least. In one of the Taoist monasteries, in 1993, a series of studies were elaborated by the Taoist community with regards to a geographical zone where there would be organized, after the respective legalization, a Taoist monastery.

Also in the aforementioned study, after having acquired cartographic maps issued by the Agustin Codazzi Geographic Institute, which is a state run Institute, it was verified, as it can still be verified, that the mentioned area does not correspond to any sort of forestry reserve and much less to any buffer zone, given that the buffer zones of Sanctuaries and National parks are not legislated in Colombia; it was established that there is a forestry reserve but it is located several kilometers from what is today the Templo Vegetal Sakroakuarius.

In 1994 the arrangements were already concluded for the acquisition of the properties that in quality of a purchase were acquired, with others taken on lease, arrangements accorded with the owners, whom by heredity had acquired the properties from their ancestors.

Upon the arrival of the Taoist monks to this place, after some days of exploring the region, they discovered, not on the acquired property, but in the zone corresponding to the Forestry reserve, a gigantic poppy plantation, whose surface surpassed 30 hectares, with hundreds of thousands of poppy plants. Upon finding this they immediately communicated it to the Temple Abbots and to the rest of the administration of the Temple, since our doctrine is for the absolute regeneration of the human being, in all its aspects, not in a theoretical way only but in practice as well, delivering to each being a message of hope, of health and of life, totally contrary to what is produced by narcotics, which is thousands of crazed people every year, besides the rivers of blood that due to them are produced. The Temple administration ordered the destruction, in its totality, of those crops, activity that lasted approximately 8 days in which the Taoist monks reduced those plants to diminutive pieces.

Some days after this the persecution worsened, for this event was its basis, since years before in another monastery called Geoakuarius the siege had been constant, to the point where Navy helicopters constantly over flew almost every day, carrying out maneuvers suggesting that a possible attack was imminent, causing anxiety, desperation, fear and dread in the hundreds of women, men, children and elderly people that inhabit the monastery.

Yeah, they call themselves "Tao Jews" and use a strange Spanish spelling-style--like wannabe teenage hipsters. Sounds like Baghwan/Osho with a Latin twist.

Of course, that's no endorsement of any kind of Waco-style government-instigated massacre! To paraphrase Yor, the Hunter from the Future, "When will weirdos and thugs learn to live in PEACE?!"

Edited by Peregrino

Heres their website I think- http://grantemplovegetalsakroakuarius.org/

I think they are a cult since the leader has a name of Elohim Eros. Maybe these guys are recruiting the local 14 year old girls and thats the real problem. I dont think they have any connection to Chinese Taoism.

make it 16, and I am off :lol:

It says on the http://www.colombiasupport.net/199606/tao.html Link where it describes there back around and i Qoute "The Taoists are a worldwide Christian group" leaves a very questionable connection in my mind. Sure they could be practicing Energy work and Internal Alchemy, but if i read correctly they destoried a plantation of poppies. Isn't this against the better judgement of a Taoist?

Edited by WhiteTiger

but if i read correctly they destoried a plantation of poppies. Isn't this against the better judgement of a Taoist?

Hmm, I seem to miss the part in the taoist canon where it says to just roll another to reach the tao.

So I think the general understanding is that the relation with drugs is quite personal. Yet most taoists realise that

a) drugs tend to fuck up your internal organs

B) drugs tend to bring you far away from reality.

Two things that taoists in general cherish. So I would be surprised to find a group of taoists where drugs are part of the student curriculum.

Now the decision to destroy a plantation, once it has been clarified that it is no academic use for the school, seem to me more a political decision than anything else. In other words, if poppies where legal, and not dangerous would they have destroyed them as well, or just ignored them?

Sign in to follow this