Shad282

Genuine or Mind made (Fake): feeling, experience...?

Lately, I discovered that my meditation was actually hacked by a mind function that conceptualizes and creates an image of an experience and faked my experience of reality.

an example:  the experience or state of no-thoughts, at first it was a genuine experience and it felt really nice, during meditation. but after a while i discovered that, during my practices in the past months,  I wasn't actually in that state that I started with and i was actually in a thought of no-thoughts.

In other words, I was living in a conceptualized image of what i experienced first time i started the practice and the mind automated the process by attracting my awareness into it.

which got me question a lot of my experiences, and ask you in this thread:

How is it possible to identify whether the experience, state or the feeling we are having is a result of reality and not a fake, mind made image?

When i say between myself, i forgive that person for what he did or give love to a person or deep inside pain, how to know whether it is coming from a real feeling, and not from a conceptualized dry image of forgiveness or love?

Maybe it is by looking for the intention behind it? 

In buddhism, they say, you should approach pain with equanimity, and not with aversion, because aversion=resistance= persistence, but wouldn't you try to be in equanimity in order to heal (get rid) of pain which is by itself aversion but in an indirect way?

or when you try to allow things to be as itis, but you are allowing it to be as it is, because you want to get rid of that pain (which is not allowing).

Thank you,

There are two things we have to take into consideration. First is that whether are we Self Realized to see the reality of things as it is? Second is that as long as we are identified with the Body, mind, Intellect and Ego, we will keep thinking or questioning about the authenticity or reality of these experiences. The probability that we are identified with the body, mind, Intellect and ego is more than the probability of being a Self Realized soul if we get such questions in our Mind.

• Like 1

Nice thread!

I get stuck in that loop sometimes. Authenticity to me is just another way of missing out on the moon because the pointing isn't being done with the right kind of finger. Concepts are tricky because of all the organizing and sorting, conceptualizing the concepts are Platos trapdoor/rabbit-hole and that stuff is a roundabout without exits.

If the moon isnt available at the moment or my fingers are occupied holding on to a ledge i've probably got other business to tend to. Sit when the time suits and work when need be. The stars shine more visibly at night, they dont take a break at high noon.

Thats my personal approach to it at least.

• Like 1

"an example:  the experience or state of no-thoughts, at first it was a genuine experience and it felt really nice, during meditation. but after a while i discovered that, during my practices in the past months,  I wasn't actually in that state that I started with and i was actually in a thought of no-thoughts."

My experience of 'No mind' is this - If you think you are there ... you are not.

The only time you realize you were 'there' is when you come out of it  :)

Edited by Moonbar
  • Like 1

Our ontology controls our perception. In other words: What we believe about reality controls our perception/interpretation of reality.

When we visually view an object, we do not see the object at all. Our brain interprets electrical signals from the eye which were triggered by light, having traveled through stuff after having bounced off an object after it was generated somewhere else. Anywhere along the line, the light may be manipulated so that the object we perceive need not even be there.

With time, imaginary "memories" are indistinguishable from real ones. Exposure to movies and pictures get incorporated into the memory and influence us as though they were real experiences.

With esoteric processes, whether totally internal or influenced from external sources suffer the same potential corruptions. If an experience is not verifiable, should it be relied upon a truth? 

We generally have some sort of threshold for visual images because we have experienced optical illusions. Memories can sometimes be validated against historical facts. I have been training people to be able to discern between real revelation and fake concerning sensus plenior.

Peter had a revelation that he was unaware of. He declared that Jesus was the Messiah, Son of God. He knew scripture, and he saw what Jesus did. His experience was that the correlation of the two was a revelation, as declared by Jesus.

I have been teaching for several years that one can fill his head with scripture, seek the wisdom of God, and God will correlate the info in such a way that you will see Christ even where the churches have not for 2000 years. As you share the picture, others can verify it using the rules of SP. Some claim that the process is all human, however, that would give its practitioners IQs in impossible ranges. Even an 11 year old can do it now.

An example of this is is a previous post concerning Ge 38 which has a prophecy of the birth of Christ which has been hidden from the churches.  I can share 100's of them.  I am no dummy, but I could not produce the stuff that I observe.  Are there such tests for other esoteric practices?

• Like 1