qijack

Look at my video

Cool. Lots of different stances Ive never seen before. What is the art that Sifu Dr Shan Hui Xu teaches?

Also, would you happen to have a vid of some Xianggong? :)

Edited by Matt

I was bored today so i filmed my self doing some Taoist standing postures and just thought id share

Dont laugh i know i look like a doofas lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HXJKeN2z2Q

Nice. I have several similar postures as well; Hand up at the forehead, palms turned out, up at 45deg. Palms directly pressing forward, arms straight, slightly bent. The two wing arms, have those in a movement fashion.

Ya, some were of a few Wing Chun postures..lol .. resemble Wing Chun Postures. Bong Sau and Tan Sau...hehe

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Yeah these postures do come from the Shaolin Temple.If i understood my teacher correctly,this training is part of the Ng Mui Lineage and are practiced along side other internal stuff like her 5 thunder palm hard Qi Gong (first level to be practiced for 1080 days before going to the next level that involves mantras,more postures and Yi Jin Jing type excersises and colours) its hard core stuff.I gave up after 14 days:P Maybe ill try again one day when im more balanced

Edited by truth

Oh Thanks Truth! They do look like a Chunner?

Tell us more about 5 Thunder Palms bro if you can?

Basically developing this skill is way beyond the reach of most people.As a foundation you need to be able to stand in horse stance for 1 hour and be able to do up to 50 reverse breaths with out loosing your center.

The first level consists of 5 excersises for the arms.While you do them you use your mind and breath to guide chi from your dan-Tien to your palms.If you can keep that up for 1080 days you will develop basic thunder palm.Second level teaches you how to emit diffrent types of chi using mantras and colours and how to absorb chi from the sun/moon etc

Ng Mui is said to be a master of this art

Wow very interesting, anywhere online i can read more about them or see the practice, unless you like to share more?

All this stuff intrest me, thanks for sharing man...

WYG AKA Nutcase ;)

If you held that last one for an hour good job. One thing to note. Your left shoulder gate is blocked. Work on swinging that arm around a lot and focus attention on actively massaging and loosening the muscles there.

Regards.

I didnt really hold it for an hour,just put it there as a joke har har.On my good days perhaps 20 minutes is my max with that one

quote:Your left shoulder gate is blocked. Work on swinging that arm around a lot and focus attention on actively massaging and loosening the muscles there.

Ok will massage my left shoulder gate..thanks

Actually now that i think about it it could be due to my ribcage which is a bit out of shape..There is one bone that is protruding more than the others on my left side.Could be affecting my shoulder but thats how god made me /shrug

If it was really blocked i would of felt it by now though as i have felt other blockages in the past

Thanks for the advice

Edited by truth

I just made another video of Dr Xu demonstrating his Qi emission

The first part is of a documentry he made back in the 80's then there is footage of some seminars he held many years ago.The last part was of a 3 day qi gong retreat we had on phillip island in australia of him doing bagua Qi emission

Enjoy

Edited by truth