mvingon

Quaballah - Tree of Life question

So, watching the Metatron thread, before I feel asleep the other night, I did an experiment, as suggested by someone: I asked Metatron to speak to me through dreams. I don't recall my dreams, the last two nights, but sitting in the sun earlier, I did what I did, yesterday: just closed my eyes and watched my breath. After a few minutes, I "saw" a brilliant disk of white hot flashing where, in the Tree of Life, Kethar would be. Then it began to expand, and stabalize. Then, a bluish-white disk of light hovered below, where Da'as would be. Another golden disk of light appeared where Chokma would be, and then, another golden disk appeared below that, where Hesed would be. After a few moments, all glowed more intensely, and a line of white light connected them all.

Does this mean anything? If so, what does it mean?

Thank you.

Yes I did. Unfortunately, I don't get it, but we'll see what happens next!

I did some reading. According to Wikipedia, Chokmah light is supposed to be grey, hesed/chesed is supposed to be blue.

I'm totally lost. Would you please explain more, at your inclination, of course?

I don't have a practice, yet. I haven't even learned the basics, or even which is the proper spellings!

Thank you.

There are a few kabbalic practices I dabble with.  The works of Rabbi David Cooper (http://www.soundstrue.com/store/rabbi-david-a-cooper-5527.html) in Ecstatic Kabbalah, which is less kabbalic then chanting, ie a system of kotodama, sacred sounds.  Where the different vowels hit the body.  Perhaps more up your alley would be his Guardian Angel Meditations, which are guided meditations including Metraton, and sources like the Shekinah.  Can't say I got deeply into it, but for $4.99, it'll give you practices and outline on arch-angels within a kabblalic framework.

The kabbalic practice I do most is from a Hermetic source.  Like Ecstatic Kabbalah, it's not a practice that'd be considered standard Kabbalah.  Rather its more a chant system that gets into hermetic magic territory.   Rawn Clark's The Magic of YHVH chant/canticle system.  Its later lessons run pretty deep and its available for free (along w/ his Archaeous system which I like)- http://www.abardoncompanion.de/MP3-Links.html

addon>  Rawn's practice also has you visually imagine some aspects of the Tree of Life onto your body. 

• Like 1

Thank you. I wasn't into quabala either, til I recently started a book by Israel Regardie, about Golden Dawn. I didn't even know I was that interested in that, until words and images in the first chapter started jumping out at me. I'll follow your links. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Were it me, I would appreciate the image and bathe it in gratitude, but not try to come to some left brain reason for it.

Interactions of this nature in my experience are far beyond language and it is a drastic reduction to try and put the light in a box, or a name.  Instead of trying to think about it... I would welcome the image to return and simply sit with it and become very present and aware of my breath while sitting in its presence.

• Like 3

So, watching the Metatron thread, before I feel asleep the other night, I did an experiment, as suggested by someone: I asked Metatron to speak to me through dreams. I don't recall my dreams, the last two nights, but sitting in the sun earlier, I did what I did, yesterday: just closed my eyes and watched my breath. After a few minutes, I "saw" a brilliant disk of white hot flashing where, in the Tree of Life, Kethar would be. Then it began to expand, and stabalize. Then, a bluish-white disk of light hovered below, where Da'as would be. Another golden disk of light appeared where Chokma would be, and then, another golden disk appeared below that, where Hesed would be. After a few moments, all glowed more intensely, and a line of white light connected them all.

Thank you.

It means you had a visualisation of the 'Middle Pillar'   ...   hold that   !  It could come in  very handy  ; 

http://www.davedavies.com/splanet/magic3.htm

• Like 2

Yes I did. Unfortunately, I don't get it, but we'll see what happens next!

I did some reading. According to Wikipedia, Chokmah light is supposed to be grey, hesed/chesed is supposed to be blue.

I'm totally lost. Would you please explain more, at your inclination, of course?

I don't have a practice, yet. I haven't even learned the basics, or even which is the proper spellings!

Thank you.

Color scales vary according to what 'world' you are in .

" The Golden Dawn uses a total of four sets of separate scales of colours, and each of these are named after the court cards of the Golden Dawn Tarot, namely the:

• King Scale, which is positive and masculine and relates to the Element of Fire, the Qabalistic (archetypal and casual) World of Atziluth and the letter Yod of Tetragrammaton. In the Tarot it relates to the Kings (Knights) and the Suit of Wands.
  • Queen Scale, which is negative and feminine and relates to the Element of Water, the Qabalistic (creative and mental) World of Briah and the letter Heh of Tetragrammaton. In the Tarot it relates to the Queens and the Suit of Cups.
  • Prince Scale, which is positive and masculine and relates to the Element of Air, the Qabalistic (formative and astral) World of Yetzirah and the letter Vau of Tetragrammaton. In the Tarot it relates to the Princes (Kings) and the Suit of Swords.
  • Princess Scale, which is negative and feminine and relates to the Element of Earth, the Qabalistic (active and material) World of Assiah and the letter Heh (final) of Tetragrammaton. In the Tarot it relates to the Princesses (Knaves) and the Suit of Pentacles or Coins.

Now each of these colour scales are divided according to the 32 Paths of Wisdom of the Qabalah. This is a reference to the Tree of Life, which is divided into 10 Sephiroth and the 22 Paths (corresponding the 22 Hebrew letters) that connect these Sephiroth, thus making 32 in total. In most situations of the practical application of the Golden Dawn system of attributions the Adept only uses the King and Queen Scales, with the exception of the Tarot which uses all four in the colouring of the Cards. But in most cases of theurgical practice the Magician uses the King Scale for the three hierarchies of 5 Elements, 7 Planets and 12 Signs of the Zodiac. In the work with the 10 Sephiroth the Adept instead uses the Queen Scale. This means that the Adept uses the first 10 Paths of the Queen Scale and the last 22 of the King Scale. This produces a particular version of the Tree of Life which is traditionally called the Minutum Mundum. "

http://www.golden-dawn.org/generation-of-three-colour-wheels-of.html

• Like 1

It means you had a visualisation of the 'Middle Pillar' ... hold that ! It could come in very handy ;

http://www.davedavies.com/splanet/magic3.htm

And if it appears not before one but within -- tangible and persistent?

Hypothetically speaking, of course...

Edited by Brian

Thank you.

Kether - Daath - Hockmah - Chesed.

This is a path from the "Source" to "Kindness".

From the Primordial Fountain comes Knowledge, which then generates Impulse. From impulse then comes kindness and compassion.

Does it makes any sense for you ?

Also, did you ask for any directions from Metraton? Something in special? Did you feel something while you where asking for guidance?

Remember that simply asking for it to manifest through dreams may give you totally crazy and wacked messages and riddles.

There may be some meaning to them, but not having a clue on how to look at them would make it a lot harder to find the answer.