The second link. I am trying to get a copy without the printing protection. So much better to sit with a bunch of papers, making notes in the text, rather than sitting in front of the computer.

Fabrizio Pregadio, Mantak Chia, and Damo Mitchell have small descriptions/commentarys on it.

Unsurprisingly, they diverge on some points.

It seems like they try to make it fit on their actual practices.

I will do the same.

Hello Luo han gong ;-)

Anyone have links to more interpretations?

Jefferson is using a simplified copy of the Nei Jing Tu. That, and the fact that it was written 1982 when Western Knowledge in this area was in its infancy, will make it less useful.

When it comes to Nei Dan, I am constantly confused! Not that it matters, since I am engaged in an other line of study.

But even so, Damo Mitchell has a description of the Nei Jing Tu in his book White moon on the Mountain peak.

Curiously, the steps of practice that he advocates doesn't seem to follow the sequences of the NJT. And the Conception vessel, is that just sort of implied?

Obviously I am missing something here.

Maybe I am too biased by how the NJT process is implied in my own practice, where the firing process and the MCO (as portraited by Mitchells book) doesn’t come in at this stage?

Comments?

When it comes to Nei Dan, I am constantly confused! Not that it matters, since I am engaged in an other line of study.

But even so, Damo Mitchell has a description of the Nei Jing Tu in his book White moon on the Mountain peak.

Obviously I am missing something here.

May be you are,  may be he is.

Sometimes you just have to write things down to make the mind work.

At the very beginning, my method and his method makes different assumptions about the lower part of the NJT, which leads us in different directions.

Since I am just started on this level of practice, I have no clue if it will lead me to a useful place, or.....

The nei jing tu is also included in two books (thanks TT for one link), one of them a Livia Kohn book.

A message to future attempts:

1) Look at the image.

2) Read the text associated with the image. A hint, it is next to it. Translated version is available.

In an optimal case, the NJT would be explained in plan words by someone proficient in Nei Dan.

But this will not happen, because Nei Dan is like Fight Club.

• Like 1

Jerry Alan Johnson, in Daoist internal alchemy: Neigong & Weigong training, devotes 34 pages to the NJT.

Jerry Alan Johnson, in Daoist internal alchemy: Neigong & Weigong training, devotes 34 pages to the NJT.

Does he say what this is?

内經圖 Nei-ching T'u Diagram of the Inner Channels
www.rgm.hu/download/NeiJingTu.pdf
Nei-ching T'u. Neijing Tustone rubbing from the Baiyunguan Temple, Beijing. ..... 刻石兒童把貫串 Engraving the stone, the young lad holds a string of cash.
  • Like 1

鐵牛耕地種金錢,刻石兒童把貫穿。

一粒粟中藏世界,半升鐺內煮山川。

白頭老子眉垂地,碧眼胡僧手托天。

若問此玄玄會得,此玄玄外更無玄。

The poem in nei Jin tu

In the end of the poem talk about 玄關Shaun guan.

After Mco , 玄關 appear.

If one know what is 玄關, then he start to go into the world of dan dao.

• Like 2

David Twicken: Eight extraordinary channels. Eleven pages about the NJT. Seems to be Chia based practice, and his version have at least two additional features that the White cloud Temple version do not have.

I feel that he, like the others, interpret the NJT from his practice rather than trying to see what information actually is in the picture ( including the text).

But never mind, if I posted my interpretation you would say the same about that :-)

And you would be right!

• Like 1

Wu shi jing nei yin xuan guan.

Louis Komjathy translates this as mysterious pass hidden in fifty regions, with the commentary that fifty, five-ten, might stand for Earth.

Any comments on this?

There are a couple of different ideas going around of what the mysterious pass is.

The mix of daoist and buddhist imagery in the NJT is interesting.

Tantric buddhism have some explanations that might be useful, especially on those aspects that are xing rather than Ming.

(Purely on a speculative basis)

• Like 1

Louis Komjathy: Mapping the daoist body part two.

One of the better articles I have seen on the subject.

• Like 2

Looking through Damo Mitchells book again, I notice that in the main text there are descriptions relevant for the NJT where the same part of the NJT can be interpreted radically different.

Now, being nei dan, both are probably equally true and relevant.

Not like it matters, at present that is so beyond me it is not likely I will ever get there with my life circumstances.

Perhaps when the kids are older......

• Like 1

I can understand why some practitioners start to study the chinese language.

When it comes to the transition of the text accompaning the NJT, the translator have chozen to use full english sentences.

But in some instances, a more terse translation more accurately points at specific practice methods.

I am still awaiting the book on the subject, written by a practitioner from a lineage closely associated with the NJT.

According to Louis Komjathy, that would be Long Men Pai or Wu Liu Pai.

• Like 1

I can understand why some practitioners start to study the chinese language.

I'm considering this in the near future, starting with Japanese and later on Chinese and Classical Chinese.

Njt gives general explanation of a human body and some processes. The thing that you probably will not find in it is concrete methods. But for overall understanding of what we are it might be rather useful.

Rgrds, Ilya

Yes, you need a method. And then, the NJT works at a confirmation to your process.

Or your interpretation of the NJT might work as a confirmation of your internal sensations.

To go the other way, trying to find methods that fit into your interpretation of the NJT, that is probably a dead end (my guess).