Wells

Russian Alchemy: Turning Lead into Gold

Well, we can't deny the possibility. Stars do it all the time.

Stars don't do any-to-any -- certain pathways are followed. Of course, this isn't any-to-any, either, despite what the news blurb says.

Very interesting, though!

Stars don't do any-to-any -- certain pathways are followed. Of course, this isn't any-to-any, either, despite what the news blurb says.

Very interesting, though!

Oh, stop being so damn technical.  Hehehe.

• Like 2

Expect the price of gold to significantly plummet if this is true. There was and perhaps still is a physicist living in St. George Utah by the name of Dr. Joe Champion that claimed he could convert silver into gold by using yeast. He scammed a lot of people out of their money and spent time in prison for fraud.

Edited by ralis

Interesting. I was wondering if the alchemists meant base nature = lead, higher vibrational nature = gold. I made up those terms, so they're probably wrong.

I'm an academicly trained western scientist.

The idea of turning lead into gold, is looked down upon by consensus of western science.

Several ideas like cold fusion are too.

According to western science, the nucleus of an atom can only be changed by some natural destabilization.

They call this radioactivity.

It has been done before, naturally, always, naturally.

it is hard to believe that it can be instigated in a slight of wrist fashion.

Lead has been looked at and has very little leniency toward radioactivity, yet there is some, if I remember correctly, and it doesn't turn into gold, if I remember rightly.

Atoms are almost impervious, and yet they are not always.

Adia

Noble silence is all you need

Edited by Adia

I'd prefer a more reputable site with more reputable science review before I'd believe the claim. 

On the other hand we've been Making Diamonds! for decades, but they're small, its labor and energy intensive and it's not very lucrative.  Yet.. as far as I know. 

Yes, I tend towards skepticism, but that's okay. I have an open closed mind. I know that doesn't make any sense, I'll just say I've experienced logically inexplicable things that still blow my mind, years later. I think what I mean is, just because something hasn't yet been falsifiable, quantifiable, or qualifiable, doesn't mean it always will be. Not so long ago, quantum physics, computing, etcetera were thought impossible. The sci-fi of today may well be the science of the future. The light/slit experiments are STILL blowing my mind.

I'm leaning towards cold fusion is possible, we just haven't (okay, people far more intelligent than myself, not "we") haven't worked out the how, yet.

This are realy great news.So did they tell what is Prima Materia ?

If this is true this means they find what is Alkahest.

Ormus

Yes, I tend towards skepticism, but that's okay. I have an open closed mind. I know that doesn't make any sense, I'll just say I've experienced logically inexplicable things that still blow my mind, years later. I think what I mean is, just because something hasn't yet been falsifiable, quantifiable, or qualifiable, doesn't mean it always will be. Not so long ago, quantum physics, computing, etcetera were thought impossible. The sci-fi of today may well be the science of the future. The light/slit experiments are STILL blowing my mind.

I'm leaning towards cold fusion is possible, we just haven't (okay, people far more intelligent than myself, not "we") haven't worked out the how, yet.

German scientists are making headway regarding fusion technology.

• Like 2

It always seemed to me that the ancient alchemists job was to make gold from lead, for the King.

So they put the lead in the water, befuddling the subjects, who could then be easily convinced to give their gold to the King.

This alchemy is still happening today, so we know it does work.

- VonKrankenhaus

reading it a bit, seems to show they got there Russian patent in August 2015.  So its been around over a year, they probably needed years of work before patent.  In they keep talking about creating isotopes of this that and gold.  Is that saying they can create gold or isotopes of gold.

My very limited understanding is that an isotope of an element is not the element, rather the element plus extra stuff (like neutrons).   There's a chance they're taking gold putting it through chemical and biological processes and ending up with gold and gold isotopes.  Great, but not exactly turning lead into gold.  The papers seem mostly not about gold but uranium and radioactive elements. 

The paper I perused were talking mg's and mostly dealing with radioactive elements that are already decomposing.  From what I read, I wouldn't sell my gold just yet.  On the other hand the approach may well lead to better ways of dealing and breaking down radioactive materials. 

• Like 1