Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

8 Pieces of Brocade

This is a great qi gong, I am really enjoying. What do yall think? I am using the Yang Jwing Ming video/book.

2713[/snapback]

One of the first Qi Gong exercises I ever learnt. I love it.

This is a great qi gong, I am really enjoying. What do yall think? I am using the Yang Jwing Ming video/book.

2713[/snapback]

It's a fine chi kung form. Actually it's many chi kung forms. Everyone teaches it differently. I find most systems share the palms up head over the hands move and the shooting the arrow move, but the other six are kind of up for grabs.

Personally, I use the one from The Way Of Energy, which to me seems more like seven pieces because the eighth is just shaking.

Well what is the best move (of those othr six) do you beleive? Personally I am really reaping the benefits of turning my neck from side to side with different hand positions and aware of breathing to perinium and k1...amazing how such a simple little qi gong can heal my neck-- perhaps mind-body connection

Well what is the best move (of those othr six) do you beleive? Personally I am really reaping the benefits of turning my neck from side to side with different hand positions and aware of breathing to perinium and k1...amazing how such a simple little qi gong can heal my neck-- perhaps mind-body connection

2723[/snapback]

I'm partial to the archer pose, first because it looks kind of cool and second because I always feel I really connect with something. It's like you expand your energy a number of directions. Rooted through the earth on your back leg, and out through the opposite buddha-palm of your hand. Even the curl back before the next release is cool if done with presence ("it should all be done with absolute presence and seriousness" said my instructor, "because you could die at any moment").

Sign in to follow this