Sign in to follow this  
TheWhiteRabbit

Tao Bums Dating? (possibly?)

I am an Earth Snake looking for a Ox (preferably Water) or Rooster (preferably Fire)

hehe, just kidding

I used to seek a partner... now I just wait and let the cosmos guide me either to a beautiful relationship or a beautiful solitude.   Both sound really nice and I don't want to have a preference which heaven the cosmos has in store for me :wub:

I am an Earth Snake looking for a Ox (preferably Water) or Rooster (preferably Fire)

hehe, just kidding

I used to seek a partner... now I just wait and let the cosmos guide me either to a beautiful relationship or a beautiful solitude.   Both sound really nice and I don't want to have a preference which heaven the cosmos has in store for me :wub:

I guess all it matters that you feel ok.

• Like 1

I'm a Water Monkey.

I think I'm too half-baked for relationships, though. I can do all sorts of complicated stuff with math and ideas. But I have no bearing or sense of the complicated stuff in other people. Well...not in terms that most can understand. And not in a way that is easy for me to handle or express.

It's not so bad being alone. In fact, if I'm not being guiltedor scrutinized by someone else for being single,  I feel oddly overjoyed for no reason as I go about my days.

Being alone has its ups and downs.

Relationships have their ups and downs.  both intimate relationships and simple friendships.

As un-poetic as this metaphor is, I compare it to the lottery.  The more you play, the more success you have.  The more you go out, the more people you meet, the better chance you have of meeting the kind of people who can be really good friends or lovers.  It may take a real long time to "win" but the good thing about socializing is there is way less to lose than gambling.

However, as a wise man once told me: "one door opens, another door closes"

(it was more the way he said it, however)

So, if we spend more time by ourselves, we learn how to have clarity and bliss from solitude.  Just like the more people play the social game, the more helpful and awesome it becomes - the more we play the solo game, the more useful and amazing that becomes.

either way, life can only get better, with good internal alchemy.

Edited by futuredaze

Sign..

Wood dragon, but mostly Slippery when Wet.

Isn't online dating outdated? Isn't a meat market out there where lots of competition between guys? Where is the Dao here? What lessons do we learn out of the dating scene?

I never got it .... what do you do ?  Go out and watch each other eat  ... somewhere where I can cook food better at home than they can and then pay a lot for it  ?   Drink somewhere where its hard to hear what the other is saying due to the music or  'human static'    I'm not supposed to dress up am I  ?    < groooaaan >    Go to the movies  ?    I havent been in 15 years ! (Have you seen the crap they show nowadays ? 

Ummmmm ... a picnic at a swimming hole in the rainforest ?    Thats more like it ,    but I would want some , at least, half intelligent conversation  ( I swear, more and more every day I seem to be surrounded by idiots ! ) . 

I think I would rather just pay her for a good massage , I can do just about everything else. 

.... Unless she can  finish digging the root barrier trench up hill across the top of my veg garden .... and catch fish and crabs . 

I'll do the cooking ..... and sit around and look pretty . 

Does anyone think I have a chance ?  

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

hiram holliday

a25faed835e26674afb9ab054b72eb53.jpg

you, cats can't understand Haram ! 

God bless you, and forgive your mistakes!

Edited by Shad282

hiram holliday

a25faed835e26674afb9ab054b72eb53.jpg

Don't you think TDB would be improved by the introduction of a little Sharia?

I never got it .... what do you do ?  Go out and watch each other eat  ... somewhere where I can cook food better at home than they can and then pay a lot for it  ?   Drink somewhere where its hard to hear what the other is saying due to the music or  'human static'    I'm not supposed to dress up am I  ?    < groooaaan >    Go to the movies  ?    I havent been in 15 years ! (Have you seen the crap they show nowadays ? 

Ummmmm ... a picnic at a swimming hole in the rainforest ?    Thats more like it ,    but I would want some , at least, half intelligent conversation  ( I swear, more and more every day I seem to be surrounded by idiots ! ) . 

I think I would rather just pay her for a good massage , I can do just about everything else. 

.... Unless she can  finish digging the root barrier trench up hill across the top of my veg garden .... and catch fish and crabs . 

I'll do the cooking ..... and sit around and look pretty . 

Does anyone think I have a chance ?  

Sure you do.

You`ve got your own way with words, but I couldn`t resist making my own (probably not very helpful) summary.  Hope you don`t mind.

Cantankerous charmer seeks intelligent ditch-digging woman for rainforest skinnydips.  If you can bring home freshly caught fish and crabs, I can fry them up in a pan.  We won`t go to the movies but you won`t miss them -- hanging with me is entertainment aplenty.

• Like 4

Don't you think TDB would be improved by the introduction of a little Sharia?

definitely, then we could make it compulsory for the site to go offline five times a day during prayer times

• Like 1

Its all good and well as long as it doesn't end as consexual.

Edited by cold
  • Like 1

Where is the Dao here? What lessons do we learn out of the dating scene?

I've been out of the dating scene for decades but I think there are lessons to learn. 

The dating is scene is scary, the risk of rejection.  It takes courage and sensitivity.  We try to show our best selves, and in the process maybe become a little better.   Within the dating rituals, we learn about ourselves.

In some ways, every relationship is a bit of the Hero's journey.  

It's a bit of a clinical definition, but love is identifying something with strong positive feelings and emotions. 

Sign in to follow this