Vladimir

Hello there - my head feels like it is going to explode!

Greeting, good people!

Well, my apologies if I start this topic unusually, but I come here at a slight emergency for advice.

I have to be blunt here - I am 19 days into semen retention practice, and my head feels like it is going to explode.
I am do not know if this is healthy. I understand that I am completely ignorant about practice of Dao, and do not know much about it. So, I am sorry if I am simplifying it to Semen Retention, as it is the burning issue at this moment.

At one point in my life, around the end of 2014, to the beginning of 2015 i started with drastically reducing ejaculation. Since January, 2015 I've been doing this with ups and downs. No sex (due to the circumstances).

I just felt it instinctively so to say - I just had to stop with it. I could not do it anymore, it was making me very weak and drained, and I felt very bad.

But the problem is, that, since then I am not able to put myself into balance. I understand that Dao requires a certain practice of meditation and understanding. But I do not know much about it. The resources I had were Mantak Chia's work, and Lao C - Tao Te Ching, and the experience of people from NoFap community on Reddit.

At this moment, I am already 14 days into a struggle with the excess energy. There is a constant burn in my genital area. At this moment my head feels like there is a lot of pressure inside.

As I do come here as a complete beginner on this, I am asking for an advice - where do I begin. What do I do. This is almost becoming hardly bearable.

I thank you for your help! All the best!

Vladimir

Hello Vladimir, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Vladimir,

I can't give you any advice but there are some here who can.  Maybe make a post in one of the retention threads?

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Semen retention is about as useful as anal retention.

Someone has to file a class suit against Mantak Chia. 

Where do you begin?  Have normal sex pronto, then do a few rounds of Beating the Heavenly Drum to remove dead jing presently stuck in your head.  And never do this "practice" again.   And please don't fall for any more practices that interfere with normal natural body functions without a live lineage teacher instructing you in person and closely monitoring what you are doing.

Good luck.

• Like 4

You lack willpower. Not even the "dao" will help you with that. Time to wake up. Find real men to learn from. Good luck.

• Like 2

Stay away from Mantak Chia. Some of his techniques will fuck you up. There are many other suitable options. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 3

When I did my 100 day retention period (I'm doing it again now, on day 25/100) I definitely felt energy in the brow and top of head, but I never let it accumulate there. Are you bringing it back down to the LTT? During that 100 days, I made habit of doing a daily qigong practice, and nightly meditated on the LDT so that the energy never stayed 'up there'. The constant burning in your genital area could be because Mantak Chia's practices include focusing on that region. I recall a poster here recently was complaining that he was having nightly emissions because of those same practices. Personally, I try to keep my awareness as far away from my genitals during semen retention

• Like 2

depends how your awareness is distributed. too much in the head then that's amplified that when retaining. cultivation is more about balancing energy and getting grounded than just upping energy levels. there's only so much retention you can do without negative consequences if your energy is disorganized. namely too much in the head, like most people these days.

also from what you're describing it sounds like too much energy in the central channel. it's good to do practices that work energy around the entire body, all the organs, than just focus on things that build it down the middle. then you'll feel lots better and be able to retain more chi in general. but part of the process of getting grounded and balancing energy is you have to work through/release a lot of blockages. this is where the value of a real life teacher comes into play, it can be difficult territory if you're poking in the dark and reacting to stuff without really knowing what's going on. context helps.

Edited by wilfred
  • Like 1