BeatnikMessiah

Dantien- breathwork- increased body temperature

Greetings

I'm trying to find some information on how to increase the temperature of the body through meditation and breathwork?

Or is anyone able to accomplish this that could give instruction on the process?

First time post. Im looking forward to using this site. Its got alot of good information from what I've seen.

thanks

• Like 1

Hello BeatnikMessiah and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Beatnik,

I'm sure there are some answers here.  Have fun finding those who have them.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Hi Thank you for your reply.

He is an incredible source. I'm a huge fan of Mr Hof.

I've experimented with his techniques in the past which definately give results, thats been proven.

Yet, when I attempt I don't understand the trigger or access point to increase and eventually regulate the increased thermal activities.

I suppose it could be that I've not done it enough to recognize the areas where you have opportunity to put the process in motion.

When you watch videos of Mr Hof he doesn't continue his deep breathing the entire time hes in an ice bath or climbing mountains in his shorts. So my question would be more along the lines of where to put the mind and focus to initiate and maintain results like he is able too.

• Like 1

Welcome to the bums :)

In most, if not all systems of practice it is time and non-attachment to results that lends to what we are after. I'd just watch the breath and release any expectation. It might surprise you what happens.

• Like 1

We've got a few people here who've done the Wim Hof 10 Week course.  He doesn't do classic tummo, not like its done in the Tibetan traditions.  Part of it is simply acclimatization.  One minute in the shower, up to 10 minutes in the shower.  Doing some cold bath work, walking and/or jogging in the cold.. building up slowly. 

Thus a big part of the program beyond the breathing technique, is slow steady working on it.  The secret is no secret, slow steady work.   What's helped me was more horse stance in the latter stages.  Seems once I'm in 'state' ie after breathing and holds, it helps tremendously to get my heart beat up, ie hiking or moving at a good clip.  Being still is hard.  In the beginning that'd help me with longer cold showers, now I don't need it as much.   Still keeping moving and having a higher heart beat helps tremendously. 

Here's a link to some notes I made during my practice of it- http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/39544-wim-hof-method/

• Like 2

Welcome to the bums :)

In most, if not all systems of practice it is time and non-attachment to results that lends to what we are after. I'd just watch the breath and release any expectation. It might surprise you what happens.

Hi Kar3n

I completely agree with what you said. That very practice has led me to this door.

However, I think within any advanced subject or topic of interest. Research, information, and technique really helps to develop mind set prior to the meditation.

Once I'm in then I will leave expectation behind because every experience is different for any person. If I expect an outcome then I'm not allowing others. I'm very excited to work on this. Thanks again for the reminder.

• Like 1

Hi Kar3n

I completely agree with what you said. That very practice has led me to this door.

However, I think within any advanced subject or topic of interest. Research, information, and technique really helps to develop mind set prior to the meditation.

Once I'm in then I will leave expectation behind because every experience is different for any person. If I expect an outcome then I'm not allowing others. I'm very excited to work on this. Thanks again for the reminder.

A framework and knowledge there of sets a nice foundation for advancement and expansion.

There are many in depth topics here on breath work. If you need help finding them, I or I am sure many others can lead you to them.

I wish you the very best.

• Like 1