awaken

Why do you say "school"?

Don't worry, naughtiness has not gone unnoticed http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/42700-opendao/page-2

Though I fear the punishment is not severe enough. I can only hope that you educate your underlying on the ways of virtue. He has brought shame upon your school. In the Chinese TV series Ive seen this would result in expulsion but that's risky. Cos he might turn into a revenge seeking evil taoist.

You are like a spoiled kid. If you would be lucky enough one day you will meet a teacher who will use Yin and Yang to help you change.

Best Regards,

A.A.Khokhlov

Since when was the Tao about flaunting your specially recognised school on Internet forums like a rich kid with a superiority complex. Stepping over others and stroking your classmates third eyes.

Your 'tao'is not the Tao, but the precious school that you defend with your pride. And when someone like awaken gets you riled up, you're forced to bring in your silly chief instructor to protect you reputation. Reputation that your self worth depends on.

Stuff like this is laughable and disgusting.

If you're lacking spiritually, joining a school to become a 'real taoist' and having someone like opendao as your teacher won't grant you anything remotely spiritual.

But many people here already see this. You all are a living talking example of the results of your 'alchemy'.

So take your wlp elsewhere, start your own forums. Because everyone else here is wrong right? You won't get many people traveling to Russia, so why keep posting except to make yourselves feel big?

With a great please we are going to share soon the words and teachings of our Teachers in China. I am sure it would be useful for everyone.

Regarding your words. Do you know one ancient name of Taoism?

It is HuangLaoxue. Huang is for Huangdi and Lao is for Laozi, both regarded as founders of this xue - Teaching.

And here is an ancient historical record about Huangdi's actions:

於是軒轅乃習用幹戈以征不享諸侯鹹來賓從

He (Huangdi) begun to train in using weapons and by means of it in military expiditions he chastised those who refused to give him gifts.

So the founder of the Teaching you respect (Taoism) was doing such an "cruel things". I am not evaluating Huangdi's actions however it is true that modern world is too Yin and has lack of Yang inside.

Best Regards,

A.A.Khokhlov

Edited by A.A.Khokhlov
  • Like 4

So take your wlp elsewhere, start your own forums.

So you are speaking for the whole forum having written 49 posts here? :)  And you tell us that we have a superiority complex  :D

• Like 1

Since when was the Tao about flaunting your specially recognised school on Internet forums like a rich kid with a superiority complex. Stepping over others and stroking your classmates third eyes.

Your 'tao'is not the Tao, but the precious school that you defend with your pride. And when someone like awaken gets you riled up, you're forced to bring in your silly chief instructor to protect you reputation. Reputation that your self worth depends on.

If you're lacking spiritually, joining a school to become a 'real ta oist' and having someone like opendao as your teacher won't grant you anything remotely spiritual.

But many people here already see this. You all are a living talking example of the results of your 'alchemy'.

So take your wlp elsewhere, start your own forums. Because everyone else here is wrong right? You won't get many people traveling to Russia, so why keep posting except to make yourselves feel big?

Once again. Here is nothing about "superiority" issue. It's all about traditional approach in Daoism. Let's admit that you have never visited China and you have never spoken to a Daosit Teacher. So how can you make any conclusions about what Daoism is and how its methods work?

WLP does not expect that many people are coming there. It is not for everyone  

Edited by Antares
  • Like 2

If you're lacking spiritually, joining a school to become a 'real taoist' and having someone like opendao as your teacher won't grant you anything remotely spiritual.

Here you have a book in which it is shown that daoists have different proffessions and approaches, not the stereotyped soft image depicted by the hippie new age of the '60s.

https://www.amazon.es/Alchemists-Mediums-Magicians-Stories-Mystics/dp/1590306597

On the other hand, there were always debates between schools. In buddhism too, and very harsh, why ignore that and paint a totally equivocal picture of harmony and sweetness?

• Like 3

Opendao's an instructor huh...not anymore me thinks!

actually opendao is a good instructor. Forums vs IRL can be very very different. What comes off as hot opinionated actions here are tempered and well-measured offline. The media itself riles us up. Theres an endless stream of ppl on here that seem like jerks who I'm sure are great folk IRL.

But promoting ones beliefs here is par for the course. Look at awaken--is she here to really open discussion or just critique others in order to highlight what she believes is her correct understanding and practice? And how challenge asnwered? silence.

anyway, lets hear about munky style..I always like 5 animal sports :P

8)

Edited by Astral Monk
  • Like 5

So what is the point of discussing Wu Liu Pai (Russian or non-Russian) if they have a strict rule of not accepting any westerner in their school?

• Like 1

WLP does not expect that many people are coming there. It is not for everyone  

Then why does it feel that everytime this group comes around, they shove it down one's throat as if it were the only, true method?  Some humility would actually go a lot further here than arrogance...  It is down-right embarrassing on some level...   In general, not talking directly to you :)

actually opendao is a good instructor. 

In fact, I wouldn't doubt that.  I like his ideas and insight and dedication to his practice and art... but it is akin to the baggage that is a problem.

So what is the point of discussing Wu Liu Pai (Russian or non-Russian) if they have a strict rule of not accepting any westerner in their school?

The bigger problem in my eyes is the claims of superior practice above all else as true, demanding proof or results from others of their practice, and then saying that it is forbidden to talk about WLP practices or techniques.

In the end, it is all show[manship] and [no] tell.

But if that is what folks like to spend their time doing online, then so be it... the problem is they are left with nothing to discuss and so resort to insults...    Doesn't seem the practice is working if that is the case.....  but who am I to judge it... carry on, if one must...

• Like 3

You are not Huang Di, Mr chief instructor. Do not compare yourself to him. Drop your facade of authority.

Not at all. However a student should always compare his actions with what his Teacher (or Grand Teacher) does. And try to achieve the same perfection.

Agree. I actually haven't started this talk but since the questions had appeared they have reqired to be answered.

We are going to discuss on DaoBums only those parts of WuLiupai which are actually a common topic for the entire Taoism.

Then why does it feel that everytime this group comes around, they shove it down one's throat as if it were the only, true method?  Some humility would actually go a lot further here than arrogance...  It is down-right embarrassing on some level...   In general, not talking directly to you :)

The bigger problem in my eyes is the claims of superior practice above all else as true, demanding proof or results from others of their practice, and then saying that it is forbidden to talk about WLP practices or techniques.

In the end, it is all show[manship] and [no] tell.

But if that is what folks like to spend their time doing online, then so be it... the problem is they are left with nothing to discuss and so resort to insults...    Doesn't seem the practice is working if that is the case.....  but who am I to judge it... carry on, if one must...

You can try to read once again the beginning of this thread if you have time. So far here we were not discussing methods and their power but 2 simple questions:

1) Have WuLiupai founders Wu Chongxu and Liu Huayang known the alchemy and have they been real teachers? Yes it is weird and obvious question but not for everyone  :D

2) Is it possible to learn alchemy from books?

These questions are not acutally related to WuLiupai School, both are important for the Taoism itself. Because WuLiupai texts are a heritage of Taoism being stored in its Daozang.

Best Regards,

A.A.Khokhlov

Then why does it feel that everytime this group comes around, they shove it down one's throat as if it were the only, true method?  Some humility would actually go a lot further here than arrogance...

I'm wondering what would have transpired if their experience/beliefs/tradition had not been called out, but instead the originator of the thread had focused on their own experience?

Without the initial jab(s), would there have been any sparring?

• Like 7

Here you have a book in which it is shown that daoists have different proffessions and approaches, not the stereotyped soft image depicted by the hippie new age of the '60s.

https://www.amazon.es/Alchemists-Mediums-Magicians-Stories-Mystics/dp/1590306597

On the other hand, there were always debates between schools. In buddhism too, and very harsh, why ignore that and paint a totally equivocal picture of harmony and sweetness?

Another book here, this one more scholarly

https://www.amazon.com/Taoism-Enduring-Tradition-Russell-Kirkland/dp/0415263220

The author uses many pages for deconstruct the confucian prejudice that depicts the daoist as a mountain-hermit.

• Like 1

I'm wondering what would have transpired if their experience/beliefs/tradition had not been called out, but instead the originator of the thread had focused on their own experience?

Without the initial jab(s), would there have been any sparring?

As "their" refers to me as well - I have so much to share with fellow members beyond that basics about School and a Teacher. And it is true that tranquil rythmic talk is much better.

But we can put elixir only in a clean vessel otherwise it would just become dirty and turn to nothing...

Best Regards,

A.A.Khokhlov

• Like 1

A personal insult from the Taoist Texts now - a worrying sign of a misogyny (let alone lack of respect and questionable upbringing)?

We've seen no respect from him to no one on this forum. My students also told me he was the same on other forums in the past. Same - no respect, trolling and empty claims about his genius. He usually had been banned there.

Best Regards,

A.A.Khokhlov

We've seen no respect from him to no one on this forum. My students also told me he was the same on other forums in the past. Same - no respect, trolling and empty claims about his genius. He usually had been banned there.

Best Regards,

A.A.Khokhlov

The character assassination campaign is in full swing now:)

• Like 1

Best Regards,

A.A.Khokhlov

Yes here is the link where this person is also a subject of discussion:

http://forum.daode.ru/f29/nazovite-samogo-glupogo-pisaku-pro-kitaiskuyu-kulturu-daosizm-i-alhimiyu-21467/index6.html#post252307

~

Best Regards, Pavel

I wonder where are they going with this;)

I've found it interesting to watch the stream of new actors appearing in the wings, read their brief introductions, and wonder how long certain ones will take to begin playing their parts on the stage.

EDIT: Changed "being" to "begin" (stupid smartphone...)

Edited by Brian
  • Like 7

I've found it interesting to watch the stream of new actors appearing in the wings, read their brief introductions, and wonder how long certain ones will take to begin playing their parts on the stage.

EDIT: Changed "being" to "begin" (stupid smartphone...)

The novella continues  B)

• Like 1

I wonder where are they going with this;)

Well this group essentially has driven 'Vitalii' out from this forum; so you could say they achieved desired result as far as Vitalii was concerned.

• Like 1

Well this group essentially has driven 'Vitalii' out from this forum; so you could say they achieved desired result as far as Vitalii was concerned.

Damn! Its a dog eats dog in russian neidan, then!  Its a regular Taoist jungle over there!  ....And now it is over here!

Gee, i wonder who are they after now?