Taomeow

One-liners

149 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, thelerner said:

But you can do stupid.  I find, on some of my best days, I intentionally go for stupid.  I have exhausted my intellect and consider what's the stupidest thing I can do right now; and go out and do it. 

Tis most fun and refreshing. 

 

And well-justified physiologically.

Humans have to use 43 muscles in order to frown, 17 in order to smile -- but none at all in order to just sit there looking stupid.

 

 

5 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thelerner said:

But you can do stupid.  I find, on some of my best days, I intentionally go for stupid.  I have exhausted my intellect and consider what's the stupidest thing I can do right now; and go out and do it. 

Tis most fun and refreshing. 

 

 

Image result for laws of human stupidity

2 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

consider a man with a 100 IQ... and all that entails.

 

completely average.

 

which means that fully half the planet is even dumber than he is...

6 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We live in paradox: nothing true ever makes sense, and nothing that makes sense is ever true.

3 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

We live in paradox: nothing true ever makes sense, and nothing that makes sense is ever true.

 

True dat. 

1 person thanks this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not accept and believe merely because of the reports and news spreading far and wide through one’s village, or even throughout the world. Only fools are susceptible to such “rumours,” for they refuse to exercise their own intelligence.

-- Gautama Buddha

4 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Do not accept and believe merely because of the reports and news spreading far and wide through one’s village, or even throughout the world. Only fools are susceptible to such “rumours,” for they refuse to exercise their own intelligence.

-- Gautama Buddha

oh the timing...

*deep bow*

 

thank you my friend!

3 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"One day I realized that fire hydrants hydrated fire, and I questioned my own intelligence for months because of that."

-- a social media encounter

3 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you ever noticed that we park on driveways and drive on parkways?

1 person thanks this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brian said:

Have you ever noticed that we park on driveways and drive on parkways?

 

 We also pay for freeways.

1 person thanks this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Fate is what you call it when you don't know the name of the person screwing you over. 

Edited by Taomeow
4 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a kiss first sometimes makes a difference.

 

1 person thanks this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I drink much less than most people think, and I think much more than most people would believe.” - Hunter S. Thompson

4 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.  (I forget by whom.)

 

1 person thanks this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You are what you eat - so don't be fast, easy or cheap.

Edited by Spotless
2 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Spotless said:

You are what you eat - so don't be fast, easy or cheap.

I have never been a fast eater.  I enjoy what I am eating, whatever it is.

 

Cheap?  With some things, yes.  With other things, no.

 

Easy?  Yes.  I am trying to make my life as easy as possible for myself.  My front yard/gardens are being totally redesigned (I am paying someone to help me) so that it will be very much easier to maintain.  Same with my food.  I don't want to be spending too much time preparing my food.

 

1 person thanks this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops.  That was more than one line.  Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Spotless said:

You are what you eat - so don't be fast, easy or cheap.

 

Eating well is a form of self-respect. 

 

Also I'm reminded of a passage from a book I read long ago -- quoting/translating from memory:

"I was ravenous.  (The description of a fast and furious raid of the cupboard and the fridge, and of a hasty anything-goes meal follows.)  Once I was done eating, I sat back and felt profound regret over the lousy trade-in, realizing I had exchanged my powerful, alert, bright appetite for a trite, haphazard, uninteresting meal."   

4 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

I have never been a fast eater.  I enjoy what I am eating, whatever it is.

 

Cheap?  With some things, yes.  With other things, no.

 

Easy?  Yes.  I am trying to make my life as easy as possible for myself.  My front yard/gardens are being totally redesigned (I am paying someone to help me) so that it will be very much easier to maintain.  Same with my food.  I don't want to be spending too much time preparing my food.

 

 

Me neither  (although I did more than my fair share of time-consuming cooking in the past)...  but if someone is willing to do it for me, I'll eat. :)

 

I've accumulated many fast-to-prepare-without-sacrificing-quality methods over the years, and usually cook from that repertoire, with rare exceptions for things that are time-consuming but impossible to permanently lose from my life.  (Like, e.g., the family-recipe borscht.  You have to invest a good chunk of time into making that.  But I couldn't survive a winter without it even in California, let alone somewhere colder.  Nothing compares...  a must-have for a sentient being.)

 

Sorry for sidetracking my own thread. 

Edited by Taomeow
3 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

"We'll know our propaganda Is complete when everything the American public believes is false."

-- CIA director William Casey, from first staff meeting in 1981

3 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 9th grade English teacher used to say before tests, "Any questions, difficulties, moral dilemmas? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

 

This is what I thought of when choosng a handle here.

4 people thank this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites