dwai

The illusion of reality

The thing is how to get consciousness of that level of realization to see thru unreality of our "reality".

I personally had experience of such insight but it's hard to describe to someone who never had one but for me it's clear that our reality is not really real similar to the dream before you woke up you act in dream as it is real. So reality is 100% not real but perpetuate dream which we all inhabit, the problem is only that we do not find the trigger to wake up from it which make the difference and impact to our reality.

For example if everybody would realize it there will be no struggle for money and we would live in golden age or utopia. I think the stories about such times describes when people lived in such experience or awareness of being.

• Like 3

without Shakti Shiva does not dance...

My friend showed me this documentary last evening - called "Order and Disorder". It tracks the evolution of modern physics from Thermodynamics to Quantum Physics and how the truth of the universe is contained within. It started with an observation "Energy moves from Hot to Cold".

BBC Order And Disorder Episode 1 Energy

At the crux of it though, if the universe originated from "nothing" into something and is furthermore heading towards becoming nothing again (dying), by applying the laws of thermodynamics, we can never say the universe has no choice but to be resurrected again. It is a cyclical process...creation and destruction. But that which is constant is the first impetus - what we consider "nothing". It stays the same (Energy can neither be created nor destroyed). It is the non-different from consciousness and is outside the framework of opposite polarity (hot and cold, etc). The opposite polarity is just an appearance that produces the illusion of movement. That One neither moves, nor stays still.

Or in other words...Shiva and Shakti are non-different.

Har Har Mahadev!

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1

My friend showed me this documentary last evening - called "Order and Disorder". It tracks the evolution of modern physics from Thermodynamics to Quantum Physics and how the truth of the universe is contained within. It started with an observation "Energy moves from Hot to Cold".

BBC Order And Disorder Episode 1 Energy

At the crux of it though, if the universe originated from "nothing" into something and is furthermore heading towards becoming nothing again (dying), by applying the laws of thermodynamics, we can never say the universe has no choice but to be resurrected again. It is a cyclical process...creation and destruction. But that which is constant is the first impetus - what we consider "nothing". It stays the same (Energy can neither be created nor destroyed). It is the non-different from consciousness and is outside the framework of opposite polarity (hot and cold, etc). The opposite polarity is just an appearance that produces the illusion of movement. That One neither moves, nor stays still.

Or in other words...Shiva and Shakti are non-different.

Har Har Mahadev!

Very interesting stuff. But I think if you look at some of the more recent developments regarding the perception of the universe, you will see that it is not only expanding, but the rate of expansion is accelerating (rather than stagnant or dying. So by the laws of thermodynamics, it implies that there must be energy being poured into the system (universe) from somewhere. :)

• Like 2

Only problem is in the hypothesis that many consciousnesses merge into one. It's quite the opposite IMHO.

why, or what problem?

• Like 1

Very interesting stuff. But I think if you look at some of the more recent developments regarding the perception of the universe, you will see that it is not only expanding, but the rate of expansion is accelerating (rather than stagnant or dying. So by the laws of thermodynamics, it implies that there must be energy being poured into the system (universe) from somewhere. :)

ok, I'll bite... from where ?  ;)

• Like 2

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/04/the-illusion-of-reality/479559/

Excellent read. Only problem is in the hypothesis that many consciousnesses merge into one. It's quite the opposite IMHO.

Here is one way I like to think about the many merging into one.

It's not so much about merging, it's about losing the characteristics that permit discrimination.

Like water is the nature of individual waves or bodies of water, the mind has a nature that can perhaps be said to be indistinguishable from individual to individual.

When all is allowed to settle into the base, undifferentiated space and awareness, how would one distinguish one from another.

That no longer has meaning.

Anyway, cool article and thanks for listening.

Edited by steve
  • Like 3

Here is one way I like to think about the many merging into one.

It's not so much about merging, it's about losing the characteristics that permit discrimination.

Like water is the nature of individual waves or bodies of water, the mind has a nature that can perhaps be said to be indistinguishable from individual to individual.

When all is allowed to settle into the base, undifferentiated space and awareness, how would one distinguish one from another.

That no longer has meaning.

Anyway, cool article and thanks for listening.

That is an appearance (many into one). It is really just not-many.

• Like 1

The entropy/chaos is increasing, not so much that "energy is pouring in from somewhere"

why, or what problem?

Problem with this position is of perspective. Outside in (objective). But it really a case of inside out (subjective).

Outside in (objective). But it really a case of inside out (subjective).

When speaking of reality we always return to this:  Objective vs Subjective, don't we?

Most of us need to stop thinking so much and just "be".

Of course, just "being" is different for everyone because it is controlled by our subjective mind.

Didn't Lao Tzu tell us to discard knowledge?

• Like 2

Evidence of continuous universal expansion is very limited.

Evidence of continuous universal expansion is very limited.

"The accelerated expansion was discovered in 1998, when two independent projects, the Supernova Cosmology Project and the High-Z Supernova Search Team simultaneously obtained results suggesting an acceleration in the expansion of the universe by using distant type Ia supernovae as standard candles.[4][5][6] The discovery was unexpected, cosmologists at the time expecting a deceleration in the expansion of the universe, and amounts to the realization that the universe is currently in a "dark-energy-dominated era". Three members of these two groups have subsequently been awarded Nobel Prizes for their discovery.[7] Confirmatory evidence has been found in baryon acoustic oscillations and other new results about the clustering of galaxies.

In June 2016, NASA and ESA scientists reported that the universe was found to be expanding 5% to 9% faster than thought earlier, based on studies using the Hubble Space Telescope."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerating_expansion_of_the_universe

Edited by Jeff

The entropy/chaos is increasing, not so much that "energy is pouring in from somewhere"

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/10/111004-nobel-prize-physics-universe-expansion-what-is-dark-energy-science/

New Nobel laureates Saul Perlmutter and Adam Riess of the U.S. and Brian Schmidt of Australia contributed to the discovery that the universe is not only expanding but also speeding up.

The finding led to the now widely accepted theory of dark energy, a mysterious force that repels gravity. Measurements show that dark energy accounts for about 74 percent of the substance of the universe.

But more than a decade after the Nobel-worthy find, scientists are still trying to pin down exactly what dark energy is and and thus solve what some experts call "the most profound problem" in modern physics.

(Also see "New Galaxy Maps to Help Find Dark Energy Proof?")

Does Gravity Work Differently?

Until dark energy, physicists were convinced that gravity should be causing the expansion rate of the universe to slow.

"When I throw my keys up in the air, the gravity of the Earth makes them slow down and return to me," said Mario Livio, a theoretical physicist at the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) in Maryland, said during the Decade of Dark Energy Symposium, held in 2008.

But by studying the light from distant supernovae, astronomers saw that the supernovae's host galaxies are flying away from each other at increasing speed.

The observation that the universe's expansion rate is actually speeding up, Livio said, is as if "the keys suddenly went straight up toward the ceiling."

So far, one of the biggest challenges for dark energy researchers is marrying observations to theory.

"We have two known, totally unsatisfactory explanations," said Michael Turner, a cosmologist at the University of Chicago.

One possibility is there is no dark energy, and gravity works differently than scientists think.

(See "Dark Energy's Demise? New Theory Doesn't Use the Force.")

But "physicists are conservative. We don't want to throw away our theory of gravity when we might be able to patch it up," Nobel co-winner Riess, an STScI cosmologist, told National Geographic News.

"Basically it all comes down to the fact that there's one relatively simple equation we work with to describe the universe," Riess said.

"Because we see this extra effect, we can either blame it on the left-hand side of the equation and say we don't understand gravity, or we can blame it on the right-hand side and say there's this extra stuff."

Dark Energy a Product of Quantum Vacuum?

The extra stuff—and a leading contender for explaining dark energy—is quantum vacuum energy.

The idea is tied to quantum mechanics, which predicts that even in the vacuum of space, particles are constantly winking in and out of existence, generating energy.

The "dark energy" is currently seen to be a constant as the universe continues to accelerate its expansion. Additionally, anyone who is interested the winking in and out of particles into the universe should just search on a Higg's Field (or particles). This creation from nothing has been verified over the last couple years.

• Like 1

"The accelerated expansion was discovered in 1998, when two independent projects, the Supernova Cosmology Project and the High-Z Supernova Search Team simultaneously obtained results suggesting an acceleration in the expansion of the universe by using distant type Ia supernovae as standard candles.[4][5][6] The discovery was unexpected, cosmologists at the time expecting a deceleration in the expansion of the universe, and amounts to the realization that the universe is currently in a "dark-energy-dominated era". Three members of these two groups have subsequently been awarded Nobel Prizes for their discovery.[7] Confirmatory evidence has been found in baryon acoustic oscillations and other new results about the clustering of galaxies.

In June 2016, NASA and ESA scientists reported that the universe was found to be expanding 5% to 9% faster than thought earlier, based on studies using the Hubble Space Telescope."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerating_expansion_of_the_universe

Do you understand how they determine this acceleration? They are not simply seeing galaxies whizzing away at a faster rates than each other. It's all based on the measuring of redshift, and the assumption of dark energy/matter. Most likely another illusion of the human reality.

The clustering, or rather bridging of galaxies, goes against the redshift theory, as it has been observed that 2 bridged galaxies can produce different redshift results. Under the redshift theory, you'd assume they are far away from each other, yet such galaxies are physically bridged with matter, and thus are very close (from a galactic perspective).

It's best we never assume or base our theories on the back of other unproven theories, especially when the evidence for them is minor/has flaws. When man talks of the universe, we are stabbing in the dark, literally.

Edited by Silent Answers

Do you understand how they determine this acceleration? They are not simply seeing galaxies whizzing away at a faster rates than each other. It's all based on the measuring of redshift, and the assumption of dark energy/matter. Most likely another illusion of the human reality.

The clustering, or rather bridging of galaxies, goes against the redshift theory, as it has been observed that 2 bridged galaxies can produce different redshift results. Under the redshift theory, you'd assume they are far away from each other, yet such galaxies are physically bridged with matter, and thus are very close (from a galactic perspective).

It's best we never assume or base our theories on the back of other unproven theories, especially when the evidence for them is minor/has flaws. When man talks of the universe, we are stabbing in the dark, literally.

I agree, theories are just theories. I was just presenting the most recent theories of modern physics. But, if you have not read about it yet and are interested in the topic, I would highly recommend reading about Higg's particles (or Higg's fields). Mass/matter and energy are literally created from nothing. If that doesn't give everyone pause regarding the illusion of reality, I don't know what would... Edited by Jeff
  • Like 1

I m not sure really what is the illusion people are talking about. because each person describes the illusion in his own term... and if everything is illusion then everything is reality... if you want to call something an illusion, please provide the metrics or measurements you are using in order to identify what is an illusion and what is a reality. 

For me, things may look, smell, or feel not what they really are.. but that is a qualitative factor, they do exist but are subjectified. 

• Like 1

Why not make a topic about the reality of Illusion. Which will lead into talking about drug abuse destroying brain causing faulty perception, etc.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Why not make a topic about the reality of Illusion. Which will lead into talking about drug abuse destroying brain causing faulty perception, etc.

there should be a metric or a way to identify what is illusion and what is not... 

there should be a metric or a way to identify what is illusion and what is not... 

Hallucinations (multi-sensory), delusions, complete confusion.

Different experience of time.

Unable to focus.

• Like 1

Hallucinations (multi-sensory), delusions, complete confusion.

Different experience of time.

Unable to focus.

can you explain more?

can you explain more?

Hmm, ok.

Consider a paranoid schizophrenic experience. Your imagination is now a Danger Alert System, capable of recreating ANY presently perceived environment into utter never before experienced subconscious pure terror scenarios at 6 cycles per second or more, that it causes you to be in constant panic attack/hyperventilation that your body begins to feel like stone and muscles completely locked tight and no external sensations because of numbness which causes you to go even deeper into the hallucinations. Unable to focus, because this is probably a brain chemistry issue. Ofcourse the insane amount of input also causes complete confusion, and inability to focus on anything, as anything you focus upon will simply instantly change into terror.

These things can be aided with legal perscription anti psychotic medicine, tho it will take allot of switching to find one that react best to you.

This can also occur in less extreme ways where you are still able to walk and talk but you make no sense and are simply paranoid.

Thing is, there are unending kinds of psychotic experiences, too many different kinds and degrees of these kinds that its impossible to mention them all. Psychiatry does their utmost best to treat each person individually. Unfortunately, most cases are caused by drug abuse, like smoking weed, or mushrooms, and could be simply prevented with a little education.

I have NO knowledge about drugs, but these two I've heard about, weed and mushroom. And I've also heard about drugs that make ur teeth go bye bye. Obviously these things are illegal for a reason.