phil

Microcosmic Orbit Questions

Again, can I ask a question what effects had anyone achieved practicing MCO?

I understand that general idea is somewhere between starting qi circulation and making it alive, feeling lower dantian and though making the body healthier.

Is there any other reason like "MCO helps to increase energy level" ot smth like this?

Rgrds, Ilya

Hi Ilya,

There are, if my memory is still good, 4 breathing techniques in Chinese qigong practices. The diaphramic is one, and itself has two variations, one is known as fetal (like that of a baby) and the other, reverse abdominal. It was said that fetal breathing improves the mortal being (Man) whereas, reverse abdominal promotes immortality (Sein). Therefore, reverse abdominal is the preferred system in Daoism. To promote immortality in Daoism requires the nurturing of the seed which Daoist call the Dan, commonly translated as Elixir. The seed, Dan is seated, stored in the abdoman below the navel, and is known as the lower dan-tien, the lower field of elixir. The qigong technique in breathing generates internal energy, qi and this internal breath promotes health and with a healthy body, there is less sicknesses, and perhaps, the practitioner may live longer beyond the average life-span. Some qigong systems do not emphasize on MCO (both micro and macro) while most Daoist systems do. It is believed that MCO will transform the body on the cellular level and modern science confirms that with the expedient removal of oxidants and toxins at the cellular level, the cells are healthier, the host is healthier and perhaps even younger. There lies the emphasis of MCO with this diaphramic breathing. Disclaimer: that is MINE understanding and I can be wrong afterall, I'm just a beginner and still learning.

Edited by Sudhamma
  • Like 1

Sudhamma,

Thanks for the explanation, but one more question still relays. May be not to you personally, but in general - did anyone managed to produce elixir? As I understand qi gong does not have enough methods to do this, or may be I am mistaken?

Rgrds, Ilya

There are two kind of Mco

One is made by breathe.

If you breathe in 命門,you can feel the Mco Turing.

One is produced by non-interfere.

It happens in 深定 stillness deeply, no ego

The electricity run in deep bone, the spinal cord

Before it happen, body lose feeling, no breathe

The two kinds f Mco are totally different

One is made by breathe

One appear without breathe

• Like 1

The Elixir is not a 'thing'. it is an achievement, an attainment by the aspirant, normally a Daoist in training. It is not a 'spiritual' achievement, perhaps supernatural because with it, the person becomes an Immortal. However, can anyone attain physical immortality? I don't know. Even Laozi, the "founder" of Daoism had to die though he was said to be a reincarnation of Taishanglauzhun, the diety that Xiao Yao Pai honoured. Or even Chang Sanfeng, the founder of Wudang martial arts, said to have lived through the Ming and Yuan Dynasties (easily 300 years), an accomplished Daoist, had to pass on. Lu Dongping, a diety of one of the 8-Immortals (Ba-xian), did not survive physically to these modern days, except in his spiritual form. So much for physical immortality, in my books. They all die, dan or no dan, except those with dan takes a longer time to pass on than the common man.

What about Immortals recorder by Master Ge Hong who have their material body?We dont have recorded that they pass.

But they didnt use Nei Dan but Wai Dan.

Ormus

According to my limited understanding, 'dan' is translated as 'elixir', the term 'wei' means external, and 'nei' internal. So much had been said of the nurture and culture of this elixir. Wei Dan, is the conscious harvesting of 'external' energy to nurture and culture of this elixir, but wei dan itself is not sufficient to charge oneself if without the method to conserve and store this energy within the body, hence the importance of Nei Dan. Both Wei and Nei Dan are mere means, methods of self-cultivation of this 'energy' within the mortal body for the intended transformation. What is also essential is the parallel cultivation of ethnics and spiritual development which will also transform oneself on the spiritual level. This is where the understanding and practise of Daoism is important to ensure the effectiveness of the dan that one has so arduously cultivate. This is also when Gods and Immortals within the spectrum of Daoist religious belief system will come to aid the cultivator to progress towards spiritual upliftment. Daoist, I believe, call this godly mentoring as spiritual guidance, a personal guardian angel, fufashen. So when the culivator has outlived his/her life-span, his/her spirit will 'live on', a rebirth in the spiritual/heavenly realms, he/she becomes a xian, an immortal, a god.

• Like 2

Is it the Taoist concept that the spirit remains after death of the body? I thought it is more to Buddism. And again, it seems like MCO does not help significantly to become an immortal...

A Yin spirit releases after death. Death occurs because of depletion of Yang (specifically Yuanqi, Yuanjing). So there cannot be any fantasies of Yangshen / becoming Xian and so on after death.

Agree, Yin spirit remaining after death is definitely popular in Buddhism. But even then, many people didn't even achieve achieve such things like "astral travel" etc, but they think they have. Travelling in their fantasies.

Edited by LaoZiDao
  • Like 1