Sign in to follow this  
JustARandomPanda

Found a Kunlun Level One Variation

I wanted to report an experiment I tried since I still have pain when doing the normal Kunlun posture. Sometimes I get relief with Kunlun but alas..it doesn't stay. I'm still hopeful that eventually the day will come when I don't have pain anymore doing it or afterward.

Anyway I've been experimenting to find a way to practice that works for me without the pain. I have a feeling that my back and neck pain is a real inhibitor to me being able to 'just let go'. So as I said I've been experimenting to see if I can find a way to Kunlun while minimizing the pain.

Today I discovered a way to do Kunlun while lying down. I bend my knees just like one does in a chair. I also elevated my heels on a stack of books so it has the same angle one gets in the sitting posture. I then place my hands as normal. Bingo. No more intense pain and I still got most of the same effects. Mouth opened on its own, heat, itchy crawly skin, tigles. The only thing lying down inhibited is the arched back and neck. However...at least with me...that's the very thing that causes the pain to be so excrutiating. Perhaps the chance to feel relief from the pain outweighed any detriment to not having the arched back and neck?

As I was doing this I got a weird effect I've never noticed before.

I swear I could feel my Kunlun front meridian breathing. It literally felt like it had a life of its own separate from my body, my heart beat and pulse. As my real breath shut down I felt this center line inhale/exhale start up.

Not only could I feel it breathing within my body but I could feel the inhale/exhale with my hands. They were about 3 inches out from my torso. That meridian had the exact same sensation as one normally feels when you inhale deeply and gently expand the ribcage and exhale so the ribcage gently collapses. I can't use any other word to describe it except breathing. No other word fits. It did not have the sensation of a pulse or heart beat. Something in me was breathing without breath.

I am so freaked out about this. Feeling something that Western Science says isn't there actually breathing...Is that weird or what?

I just wonder what exactly it was that was breathing? Do any of you Taoists recognize what I'm talking about? What does Chinese Tradition have to say about the meaning of a meridian (especially the front one) breathing?

Edited by SereneBlue

Hi SereneBlue

Congratulations on finding a way around the pain :) Can't answer your question, except to say go with it and be happy.

As to the separate forum thing, with Kunlun in the header it's pretty easy to skip the discussion if not interested

As to the separate forum thing, with Kunlun in the header it's pretty easy to skip the discussion if not interested

second that.

SB-

I'm glad you found a way to tune in comfortably!

Yes. I don't think Kunlun deserves any more of a spotlight than any other Taoist tradition. I wouldn't want practitioners of other types of Taoism, Qi or Kundalini to feel marginalized at TaoBums.

Also...if anyone has an idea of what it means to feel a Meridian breathing I'm dying to know.

Edited by SereneBlue

In some practises they have 5 point or heart breathing sometimes called 6 heart which breathing from the feet, hands, head, dan tian etc. Should feel like a pulsing or like a flap is opened and closes when it breaths thats a basic breakdown of the feeling.

Full body breathing should feel a pressure and should go to the bone, and all cells!

WYG

Sereneblue---

Hope you're not still "freaked out" about your front meridian breathing experience. I haven't heard of anything like that before, but for me its kind of an article of faith that our bodies have the experiences they are supposed to in the right time. You had the experience you had because that's the experience you needed and were ready for. Probably something that happens for all of us, but you plugged into an awareness of it. For me, that's a very good sign.

...or like a flap is opened and closes when it breaths thats a basic breakdown of the feeling.

YES! :o I recognize the flap opening and closing statement. That's the inhale/exhale I felt.

Just to make it clearer. My hands did not themselves feel this breathing within their own palms. What I meant is just like if you put your hands on your ribcage and then they're pushed in/out with each deep breath. The ribcage is going to move your hands. I got that effect even though my hands were really touching nothing but air. But they had the distinct sensation of touching a breathing meridian. And of course I felt it in my body too.

This Kunlun sure does do weird stuff. But I'm glad somebody recognized what I was talking about.

Is 5 Point / Heart Breathing considered a beginner Qi Gong practice?

Edited by SereneBlue

This is the basics of learning point or body breathing its higher level in regards to using the intent to get it started. Some people visualize white light or energy coming in and a dark mist out using those points.

Its a great exericise for healers to get there energy centers open and awareness.

WYG

Its a great exericise for healers to get there energy centers open and awareness.

WYG

Thank you WYG. I can only hope this means Kunlun is trying to heal my body from being hit by a drunk driver.

Thanx for the torough explenation of the variation you found, extremely intresting.

The breathing is something i also experience, it feels to me the kl2 posture is slightly aimed at this principle ... the gentle retention helps to start breathing more and more "the energetic way" :)

I like it alot, an inner spiritual breath wich takes over your own natural breathing, it goes deep yes. To the core of your being :)

Edited by minkus

Hi there.

Everything in the body breathes. Everything breathes. (Walls breathe, for example.)

Noticing it becomes normal, when you are a practitioner of energy work.

You will get used to seeing and feeling new things. I remember seeing everything green in nature, as actually being gold.

Lots of fun stuff.

:)

I wonder what a Meridian breaths? Surely not air. I already have two lungs for that. And I only felt it once my real breathing stilled...yet it still breathed regularly just like it was clearly inhaling/exhaling something. I wonder what it was breathing in?

Is there any Taoist Qi Gong that has an answer for that?

Edited by SereneBlue

I wonder what a Meridian breaths? Surely not air. I already have two lungs for that. And I only felt it once my real breathing stilled...yet it still breathed regularly just like it was clearly inhaling/exhaling something. I wonder what it was breathing in?

Is there really a difference between "Air" and the other "things" we experience in this world?

Is there any Taoist Qi Gong that has an answer for that?

I see a meridian as an energypathway small or big where diffrent energy's travel trough some more raw some more refined. The personal example i was giving in the kunlunexercise seemed like a pillar of energy in the torso started opening and closing down taking in and and giving out kl-energy.

Yust got a glimpse on why the book is called pillars of bliss lol.

Cheers :)

Edited by minkus

Guest winpro07

Had an experience after receiving an shaktipat transmission from a sat yogi: my breath stopped, and in place of normal respiration there was an internal (near the level of the heart) radiant energy that was breathing into me sustaining my body without breath for several minutes. Also felt my heart stop.

With Kun lun there has been a strange bubbling up from below the navel to my sternum, and sometimes my throat. The feeling is like a liquid rising inside

Guest winpro07

An ill question

Could it be all in the mind believing its happening and if so does it matter if its real or not? ;)

Could it be all in the mind believing its happening and if so does it matter if its real or not? ;)

If you believe it, how can it not be real :huh:

If your refering to my pillar there's nothing illusionary about it, in contrary lol kinda hard to ignore once its there :P

Sign in to follow this