I just wrote this in another persons Intro.  it works even better here.  If you're into Franz Bardon, you probably have run into Rawn Clarks work.  (**re-reading ofcourse you have)   If not you're in for a treat.  I particularly like his (& Mistele's) commentary on IIH, and his Bardon inspired programs are quite good. 

Here is an interesting resource you may like.  Its a Western hermetic system that feel very Taoist to me.  Rawn Clarks free audio programs.  I like his Archaeous series, an elemental system that goes pretty deep.  I like to do them standing.   When chant and magic mix, you get a canticle, and that is his YHVH kabalic chanting system, that includes some healing techniques.  His Center of Stillness guided meditation is pretty deep if you can get into it. 

Here's the link: http://abardoncompanion.com/csm/contents.html

I wonder if this wouldn't do better in the Esoteric Magic section?

Donald Michael Kraig's Modern Magick has the reputation to be a nice introduction to the Golden Dawn system. But I can not vouch for it since this system was definitively not for me (you know, all that stuff with flashing colors).

I had been thinking about posting about Don Kraig's Modern Magick, but really haven't had time for a proper post, but just as a quick note, I can vouch for Golden Dawn techniques in general and for Don's book as a good introduction to them.  I didn't use the book to learn, since by the time it came out I had been practicing magic for about 20 years, but I did know Don when he was writing it, and we remained in touch.  Don was a very intelligent fellow, and had 15+ years of experience in magic and maybe ten years teaching in local classes, by the time he wrote it.  I have some criticism of it, but not as much as I have of Bardon's work.  If I have time I will post more.

ZYD

• Like 3

Question to all.  Would you like this moved into the {Esoteric and Occult Discussion} area?  Might be a better fit.  If a couple people say yes, I'll move it, otherwise wu wei is my way. 

I practice self initiatory buddhist system. Most for curiosity and research on my own, it's free for initiation and I can help with it if you want to experiment. Thru initiation you get your own sanling who moves your body different way but at the same time I found it's help set up material things around people life.

I would vote against moving it to Esoteric/Occult

Because in his introductory post to Dao Bums hermeticTao professed an interest in Daoist practices, and even though he only mentions Western teachings in the post that starts this thread:

It has been a while since I start meditating, it just became consistent a couple of years ago when I joined a school based on Hermeticism. For personal reasons I am not part of that school anymore but while there, I had the opportunity to come in contact with a bit more of other traditions, and Taoism is really something that struck me hard.

Nowadays my routine is based on Initiation Into Hermeticism (by Franz Bardon) and if things go as planned I am going to start adding some Taoist practices into my second meditation daily session.

and so I think that this is more of a general request than one that would fair well simply in Esoteric/Occult, but the decision is up to hermticTao. I have studied both Chinese and Western systems extensively over decades, they are not merely compatible, but complementary, and there can be value gained from a judicious study of both.

ZYD

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

First of all, I am going to try to be as concise as possible, so please bear in mind that simple sentences will be used for the sake of space, and not to place any concept or tradition into a lower degree.

I have been studying and practicing a couple of esoteric traditions for a while and from time to time I find that I am rediscovering myself again and again. As I am not one of those blessed people who are in the presence of a physical teacher, I have tried a couple of online schools over the years and I have found that I am not a good fit for this teaching format.

I have decided to do a research on reliable self-initiatory systems. As reliable can be a bit vague, I am looking for systems that were/are able to produce the changes that they claim to. For instance, Franz Bardon's german book "The Path of The True Adept" (translated to English as "Initiation Into Hermetics") is said to be the main path of people like Rawn Clark, William Mistele, Mark Rasmus and Martin Faulks. As another example, I still haven't heard of anyone attributing their achievements to Israel Regardie's book "The Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic" or Chic Cicero's book "Self-Initiation Into the Golden Dawn Tradition".

As you have noticed, I am trying to match public available self-initiatory systems with people that are public available at some level. I do some research on the system and on people who follows it. This includes their public material and private correspondence (e-mail or/and chat).

As people have different inclinations, it would be nice to have a variety of systems at the end of it. Therefore, I am open to any suggestions. Tell us your findings! Share your secrets!

Thank you all!

God Bless,

HermeticTao

I was wondering why you dont just continue as you have been ?   There must be something you perceive in or from the initiation process specifically that you  are after , other than continuing on with eclectic studies, systems and  experiments  ? 

Overall most systems of initiation are  for social and personally interactive purposes   (meaning  the socio-cultural aspects of initiation and having contact with an initiator and others ) , there are other dynamics as well, and I suppose those are what you seek  (as a self initiation system would discount the other things I mentioned ), so I wondering what one seeks from a self initiation system ? 

I suppose the 'dedication'  aspect could help one , one could gain some benefit from that in a self constructed 'initiation'  rite .  One example that comes to mind is Maggie Krosby's ( Andahadna)  'Maatian self initiation rite '   where one uses the  chakras to focus and dedicate certain energies , attributed to each chakra . 

Edited by Nungali

There's a lot out there. From your avatar it seems you're already aware of the PGM. There's also 'The Book of Abrasax', 'Living Theurgy' and 'Graeco-Egyptian Magick'.

Then there's The Philosophers of Nature courses and The Sangreal Sodality Shadow Tree series.

Funny thing is when it comes to some books I can never quite get to read them, either falling asleep, getting distracted or having to attend to things - not sure if it's my Higher Self putting me off or the current represented by the books rejecting me, or both.

• Like 1

Hello guys,

Thanks once again for replying on this thread.

​Hello SOH, Sure. Could you tell me more about which books have you used and which aspects from their practices you have felt succeeding?

Hello ZYD,

Although I see myself benefiting from this research in a medium/long term, at the moment I have my personal practice.

This research has a goal of helping "spiritual seekers" who really want to reach their goals not only through theoretical knowledge but also through practice. Linking self-initiatory systems with their respective successful practitioners and their reviews, help us to see what is working out there, which traditions do well under this format and etc....

Please feel free to move this thread to any place that you guys think to be more suitable.

Regards,

HermeticTao

http://vutruhuyenbi.com/forum/download/The-Quintessence-of-Secret-Esoteric-Buddhism-Revised-Edition-2008.pdf

Go straight to Special Chapter when contains initiation instructions. It's awesome and very intriguing. 

I had been thinking about posting about Don Kraig's Modern Magick, but really haven't had time for a proper post, but just as a quick note, I can vouch for Golden Dawn techniques in general and for Don's book as a good introduction to them. I didn't use the book to learn, since by the time it came out I had been practicing magic for about 20 years, but I did know Don when he was writing it, and we remained in touch. Don was a very intelligent fellow, and had 15+ years of experience in magic and maybe ten years teaching in local classes, by the time he wrote it. I have some criticism of it, but not as much as I have of Bardon's work. If I have time I will post more.

ZYD

Donald,

I would be interested to hear your criticisms of Bardon's work.

Best,

UFA

Thank you for your interest UFA, but I am busy now and into early next year with important projects of my own. I did give some thought as to how I might boil my criticisms down to a manageable amount, however I couldn't work out a short version that did justice to my thought on the matter.  I will try to post something on it in the future, though I have some other projects that I am also working on that others have requested through PMs, and some things of my own in the works.

ZYD

• Like 3