Taiji Bum

Illustrations in the Secret of the Golden Flower?

Check this out. Is this the writing that is contained in the book or are these just captions? The book is about 18 pages in English and there just doesnt seem to be enough characters to make 18 pages but I dont read Chinese so who knows... I'd just like to know what these captions say around all the figures.

3.jpg

It's driving me crazy. You have a figure with a small naked body coming out of his head, then you have another illustration of the small naked body with another little body coming out of ITS head. I have read several translations of the SGF but none seem to talk about the drawings in detail.

looks like a crown opening out of body experience. what's the point of this? there are easier ways to astral travel than spending 13 years as a celibate

I like Cleary's translation a lot better.

I don't think this has anything at all to do with astral travel.

I had read in one of Dr. Sha's books, Soul Communication (?), that if you look inside your body with the third eye you can see your little soul dude sitting there in the lower belly looking just like the picture of the above little fella we've all come to know and love. He said it should look fat and happy and baby-like, but that many people have little spindly and cold looking "starved" souls. He didn't talk about taking it for walks out the top of the head or anything though.

I think he said that's one of the reasons that ltt meditation is so important, that it's the home of the little soul dude.

The Hui Ming Ching calls this little guy the "Fetus of the Tao" and the "Child of the Buddha." In other verses it calls it the "spirit-child." I don't know much else to say, but I think that the Hui Ming Ching will be very informative if you look into it. I think it's published in the Wilhelm addition.

I read this version of Secrets of the golden flower.

Im wondering about something. In the first chapter, is "light" a translation of "shen"?

ok, I realize that "the light" dose not mean "shen". I guess shen is described later as "seed-water", "spirit-fire" and " thought-earth", which is shen, qi and jing, right?. Or not? Im not into taoist terminology, but Im trying to understand.

But then, what is meant by "the light"? Is it some spiritual light like the holy spirit, higher consciousness, or something?

I thought we were supposed to circulate qi in the MCO. But this text says "light". Anybody care to comment?

ok, I realize that "the light" dose not mean "shen". I guess shen is described later as "seed-water", "spirit-fire" and " thought-earth", which is shen, qi and jing, right?. Or not? Im not into taoist terminology, but Im trying to understand.

But then, what is meant by "the light"? Is it some spiritual light like the holy spirit, higher consciousness, or something?

I thought we were supposed to circulate qi in the MCO. But this text says "light". Anybody care to comment?

I'm not sure exactly yet about what "the light" is, but according to what I've read in Cleary's version (not much yet) Wilhelm had a botched edition that he translated, and since he was not a native Chinese linguist or culturalist, he misconstrued the ideas. Cleary even says that the Wilhelm version is dangerous. According to him, the light is turned inward instead of being circulated around the MCO.

I'll look into it more.

I'm not sure exactly yet about what "the light" is, but according to what I've read in Cleary's version (not much yet) Wilhelm had a botched edition that he translated, and since he was not a native Chinese linguist or culturalist, he misconstrued the ideas. Cleary even says that the Wilhelm version is dangerous. According to him, the light is turned inward instead of being circulated around the MCO.

I'll look into it more.

That is only according to Cleary. Jung claimed that Wilhelm didn't only have a text that he was translating, he also had a teacher instructing him on the meaning/practice. Who knows who is actually right, most likely they are both right. Chances are the opposing sects used the same text with very different interpretations (like the Xtians with the bible).