Wells

Buddhist ajna chakra training?

There is, but you wont be able to glean much useful information until you adopt the tradition into your bones, which means to connect faithfully with a teacher, take the samaya vows etc for 10 to 20 years - but this, if i understood correctly, does not sit well with you, so this is as much as i can say on it.

Even if you are a Vajrayana practitioner it is still not appropriate to disclose the correct training methods here, and anyone that does will basically be doing nothing but spewing worthless nonsensicalities (meaning they are probably just playing at being knowledgeable, attempting to mislead you, or/and acting guru-like). 

• Like 3

Lady Tsogyal said: Emaho, great Master! I request from you the oral instructions on the practice of the deity with attributes. Since one does not attain the siddhis without relying on the yidam deity, how should we practice a yidam deity?

padmasambhava guru Rinpoche (2013-12-01). Dakini Teachings.
Edited by Jeff
  • Like 1

The useless and frustrated passive-aggressiveness of some people reminds me

of that of castrated tomcats who contemplate female cats:

It must be the knowledge of never getting the real thing although sitting right next to the source.

Nothing but many daily hours prostrating in worn-though robes with sore knees in front of the tv

until they are too old to continue.

However, I still look forward to more useful input into this thread instead of clap-trap. :)

good luck in your never-ending search... knowing its there, but hard of finding the way to it due to obvious reasons illustrated by words that smack of arrogance, cynicism and disrespect. Long way to go. 

Hope you have tough shoes. 

Edited by C T

There are no western dzogchen guru students who achieve buddhahood or rainbow body.

I am not bond to that and but open to opportunity.

I therefore estimate my chances better than zero

and therefore better than yours

Hope you have thick robes in the knee area.

sure, no worries. I really, sincerely wish for the best outcome for you. 

However, I still look forward to more useful input into this thread instead of clap-trap. :)

Are you after the spiritual tech divorced from the underlying practice ethos and ideals?

Exactly.

I think this is an interesting point regarding various traditions.  They mostly all have an overall framework that come with it.  I think the big issues is that many have at the basis some type of "guru" or "divine" relationship. These relationships to be effective require one to surrender/submit in some form.  Can one realize beyond the ego on their own? Or does it become easier when one finds a framework to let go of the ego based control?

In the TTC it is about surrendering to or accepting the Tao (or natural flow).  Easier to surrender to a specific being (or form), that a more vague universal concept?

Are you after the spiritual tech divorced from the underlying practice ethos and ideals?

All the so called ethics that the Buddhist monastics teach are nothing more than a way of keeping their lineage intact and furthermore, equates  Buddhist cultural values with a higher transcendent cause. Further, this ties in with a belief in a ubiquitous karmic cause and effect which has no basis in the real world, but in which is a basis of an mythological belief system.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

I think the ethics/silla are the way/dao filtered down into this world of duality, the natural expression of dao when filtered through a human being in this realm.  Not only does it help us to cultivate, but it helps others to cultivate, and maintains harmony of the way.  

With Jeff's point i think the closer one gets to their inner self, the easier it is for that self and dao to express through the individual heart, and at that point probably no need for guru relationship.  

I think the ethics/silla are the way/dao filtered down into this world of duality, the natural expression of dao when filtered through a human being in this realm.  Not only does it help us to cultivate, but it helps others to cultivate, and maintains harmony of the way.  

With Jeff's point i think the closer one gets to their inner self, the easier it is for that self and dao to express through the individual heart, and at that point probably no need for guru relationship.  

Are you positing that the Dao is somehow moral and sends out behavioral dictates to the world?

• Like 1

No, i'm saying this without mental filters we would probably treat each other in a way that is thought of as very moral/honest/ethical, because the dao is all about harmony. 

Maybe we are thinking of different things, i'm talking of the basic dont lie, dont hurt others, etc etc

EDIT-think of prajna/higher wisdom, it understands more completely, so will be less reactionary and more understanding of other beings... its a way of understanding that expresses the wisdom of the way.  

Edited by Edward M
  • Like 1

No, i'm saying this without mental filters we would probably treat each other in a way that is thought of as very moral/honest/ethical, because the dao is all about harmony. 

Maybe we are thinking of different things, i'm talking of the basic dont lie, dont hurt others, etc etc

EDIT-think of prajna/higher wisdom, it understands more completely, so will be less reactionary and more understanding of other beings... its a way of understanding that expresses the wisdom of the way.  

I would state that is a cultural derivation which is not ubiquitous or even transcendent. Perhaps an anthropocentric point of view.

• Like 1

In some ways I think it actually can get harder as you get closer.  Often start to develop sort of a spiritual ego...

• Like 2

Look at the lives of saints, mystics and boddhisatva's etc, do you not see a pattern emerge? 

Edited by Edward M

I have seen very little regarding a Buddhist practice of developing the ajna center. Although, the Visuddhimagga provides hints.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

I have seen very little regarding a Buddhist practice of developing the ajna center. Although, the Visuddhimagga provides hints.

I think you find more of that level of stuff happening with things like deity yoga.  In other traditions that would be like connecting and activating the 3rd eye.