Katastral

Grounding energy - Navel or earth?

Hi! 

So Iv'e been having some troubles with stagnant and excessive energy due to Kundalini the past 2 years or so and Iv'e wondered this for a while:

What is really the difference between grounding energy into the ground or in behind your navel? Is one or the other more right for some practises? 

I am thankful for all thoughts and answers on the matter :) 

Thank you! 

Use copper for grounding or I can send you some hand positions for grounding.

Please do as I am always open to try new methods of grounding :) How do you mean that I can use copper for grounding? Just by directing energy into any copper object? Thank you

Hi! 

So Iv'e been having some troubles with stagnant and excessive energy due to Kundalini the past 2 years or so and Iv'e wondered this for a while:

What is really the difference between grounding energy into the ground or in behind your navel? Is one or the other more right for some practises? 

I am thankful for all thoughts and answers on the matter :) 

Thank you!

Yes, there a major difference, though most of it is phycological and how one perceives it. If you ground to yourself, subconsciously you are limiting to your own capacity of "local self". If you ground to earth below you, your grounding capacity is the earth itself, and hence bigger than yourself.

• Like 3

When charging a car battery, except for the battery, it's all ground.  Similarly, while I've never gone through kundalini, quieting the mind and walking outside, preferably in nature seems very grounding.  Sitting outside is good too.  You can think about bringing the energy down, but I think just sitting, just walking with a relaxed clear mind does the job pretty well too. 

• Like 1

Outdoors has always worked best for me. Go for a walk, do some gardening (my personal favorite), go sit near a body of water, just get outside and take it all in. Barefooted in the grass is another nice one I enjoy.

• Like 1

Sorry for late reply. Use copper bracelet or copper ring on the ring finger of the left hand to ground your energies.

How does that work. Why is that finger important?

Fingers are related to the various aspects. There is a way to touch certain parts of the finger to change people destiny if they know how, there are one finger zen neigong focused just on one finger. I think fingers are very powerful in personal cultivation. There are many ways to do practices with fingers, many ways. The simplest explanation is that the ring finger related to earth element so activating it certain way will ground you.

And there are many thoughts of which finger relates to which element.

So in some systems Earth relates to the ring finger, in some to the little finger. But if you belive it will work because of any given explanation, it actually might.

Many like to sit on a piece of metal connected with a grounding wire to the ground. Haven't tried that one myself.

Not really, those are fixed things. they are related to our Qi and how it moves so there is no thoughts in that matter - sages developed insight into this matters which can be proven by various practices. Thoughts are business of regular people which creates confusion on profound matters.

People have thoughts about those things because they didn't reach state of sage when they can see everything the way it is and workings of myriad things. It's not something you can think of or phantom.

Regular people who try to think their way on this are like blind people trying to critique professional painter.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing

Ah....

That doesn’t explain why esoteric buddhist systems in Vietnam (I think), China and Japan connect the ring finger to Water. If you look at methods coming from modern India, you can see variations. And if you go through Jerry Alan Johnson's books, you can see variations from different daoist traditions, and they differ.

So I am reluctant to say that any interpretation of this is more valid than the other.

But if you see it from the point of view of One finger chan, ring finger is Water. This is proven in the practice of that method.

But the other traditions, have not they proven their connection as well?

Whose insight is lackning?

Then one would have to do a meditation with the fingers, without being told which energetic systems they are connected to, until one could feel what is happening.

Which will be on multiple levels, slightly complicating things.

In Jin Shin Jyutsu the ring finger is associated with the lungs and intestine and the emotions of grief and sadness. Holding the fingers can help clear the channels associated with these aspects. But both fingers are considered equal in that system