mindtooloud

cat telepathy

Cats....

You have to get to their level before you can even begin to get it.

BE the cat...

• Like 2

you already communicate with it plenty, you just have to realize that you do and how. 

don't expect thoughts to shoot out from your cat's head into yours. it's not so verbal. while you're trying to hear words from your cat, you might overlook the real communication already happening. it can be in words too, but that's more like your own 'translation' of the energy the cat emits. 

Very similar to humans in many ways, however, if they want to communicate with you, they'll let you know.

so i should starve them so they communicate to me asking for food?

(just kidding)

Edited by mindtooloud
  • Like 1

you already communicate with it plenty, you just have to realize that you do and how. 

don't expect thoughts to shoot out from your cat's head into yours. it's not so verbal. while you're trying to hear words from your cat, you might overlook the real communication already happening. it can be in words too, but that's more like your own 'translation' of the energy the cat emits. 

cool thanks, do you have a cat youd like to share stories about? id love to hear em

I suggest you start by learning the cat's body language.  It's very expressive and speaks volumes.  Every pose is a statement.  The tail actually "chatters" -- it talks nonstop.  What people express quite clearly with their facial expressions, cats express with their whole body, and the tail is the equivalent of human eyebrows, the most expressive part (except in those injected with botox).  

You can start communicating by matching and imitating the cat's pose.  This is a skill used by human empathetic communicators as well, but with cats it works even better.  A good pose to start with is, e.g., that of social ease and relaxed trust -- the cat might lie in the middle of the room on his (her?) side, one front paw curved inward, the other stretched out, both thighs flat on the floor, tail calm, only the very tip twitching slightly.  Lie down in the same position facing the cat, and just relax.  The thighs part is not easy without practice when you're lying on your side but want them both flat on the floor, but just do the best you can.  Try to study this pose in minutest details and imitating it as closely as you can.  Cats use it to start getting onto common ground with other cats -- or with humans who get it.  :)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

:)

after reading this I noticed that when I talk to my cat she moves the tip of her tail very little.

often times I will try to read my cats body language, however whenever I try I don't seem to be able to build a connection or read her body language I think I just have to keep trying. Thank you for sharing this is very valuable for me

• Like 1

When you talk to your cat keep your eyes almost closed, this is how they express that they like you and trust you.

If you keep your eyes wide open, they do the same, and this is a sign that they are alert, there is some danger, in fight or flight mode.

There are no telepathic thoughts between you and her but she can see and read you much more than you can see and read her.

I believe she can see literally your body energy (aura), so your mental state is read by her in your aura.

If you enter in a meditative state and emanate through your aura she will come to you and look for body contact and purring, they love it.

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 3

I believe she can see literally your body energy (aura), so your mental state is read by her in your aura.

I totally agree with this.

It's kind of strange that Daoist practices help you become aware of something that is so naturally obvious to animals - it does suggest that we've lost some thing along the way, but at least we've got some way of finding it again.

• Like 1

Another cat communication tidbit.  They do understand human language.  They just don't necessarily react the way a human does, or show you that they understand, but sometimes you can catch them red-pawed.  Only cats know why they hide a lot of what they know from people, but then, human sages do too.  Also, like people, some cats are linguistically gifted and understand a lot, and others don't learn "humanese" as readily and understand as a foreigner might understand, somewhat, a vaguely comprehensible language in which he or she isn't fluent, however.

Interesting phenomena are sometimes observed in bilingual families with cats.  They occasionally prefer one language to the other, and sometimes they don't care.  In my home, e.g., the tendency is to not even notice when you switch from one language to the other, typically within one sentence, often several times within one sentence -- and the cat seems to understand this weird version of "humanese" as well as each language separately.  But my friends who are French have a cat who understands English, understands a mix of English and French, but gets very nervous when they are on the phone with someone in France and speak pure French.  The cat gets visibly upset and attempts to interrupt the conversation one way or the other, or meows in a protesting way.  "I don't understand!  Are you talking about me?  Are you talking shit about me?"  :D

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

my cat at times will lay down like a lamb with his front legs folded as such. they are tucked under at the joint a few inches up from its paws...I guess it is a joint.

anyway I have never seen any other cats of mine do that lamb position. wish I had a photo to post.

My cat knows this position, only instead of the lamb, I call it the sphinx.  This is how he expresses one of these:

not happy about the last meal -- he wanted something different;

disappointed about something, didn't like something, is a bit resentful;

meditating, turning his awareness within;

feeling cold -- physically or emotionally or both;

has some thinking to do;

wondering if his stomach might be upset.

• Like 2

My cat knows this position, only instead of the lamb, I call it the sphinx. This is how he expresses one of these:

not happy about the last meal -- he wanted something different;

disappointed about something, didn't like something, is a bit resentful;

meditating, turning his awareness within;

feeling cold -- physically or emotionally or both;

has some thinking to do;

wondering if his stomach might be upset.

how do you understand such things?? this is one of the things i can't seem to recognize in cat language, like how a cat would express they weren't happy with their last meal or that other stuff you mentioned or that they wanna play or that they are ignoring me

• Like 1

When you talk to your cat keep your eyes almost closed, this is how they express that they like you and trust you.

If you keep your eyes wide open, they do the same, and this is a sign that they are alert, there is some danger, in fight or flight mode.

There are no telepathic thoughts between you and her but she can see and read you much more than you can see and read her.

If you enter in a meditative state and emanate through your aura she will come to you and look for body contact and purring, they love it.

i disagree that there are no telapathic thoughts between cats and humans because i have personally experienced it on dxm, and while sober ive seen cats react to a thought i had like if my thought is i'm gonna put this cat in this car before i even act up on the thought the cats will do anything in his power to get away from my grip

• Like 1

how do you understand such things?? this is one of the things i can't seem to recognize in cat language, like how a cat would express they weren't happy with their last meal or that other stuff you mentioned or that they wanna play or that they are ignoring me

It's the same as you learn about people, only in a different language.   Experience, observation, awareness, integration.  How do you know the mood of a family member, even when they say nothing?  Empathy, memory, other instances when it was like that and what they proved to mean, what transpired, how these instances compare to different ones you've witnessed.  Every phenomenon can be an awareness practice, and even the most inscrutable cat is no different. :)

Also, people who haven't had many interactions with a number of cats in their life will of course understand less than those who have.  It's a matter of gradually gaining proficiency, competence, if you are interested and are paying attention, it starts falling into place.  

The first cat I had a chance to observe, my grandmother's, was older than me by five years (she lived to be around twenty and got hit by a car in her old age), and I was studying her the way a child studies how the world in general works.  She was a great subject to study too, a university of a cat.  She spent most of her life outdoors, it was an adventurous life of a huntress, mother, lover, explorer, fighter, insane energy, powerful presence, she was the closest thing to untamed nature you could encounter in a small semi-rural town where my grandmother lived, or anywhere else unless you were born into untamed nature. 

So, e.g., I knew she had an enemy.  The neighbors' cat, also female.  They carefully separated their territories and did not seek each other to pick a fight, but there was an invisible border, somewhere among the tall weeds overgrowing a patch of uncultivated land nearby, and once either cat stepped onto that border, if the other cat spotted her, they fought.  So, say, I'm sitting outside, cat on my lap, all relaxed and soft and content, and I'm studying, trying to become aware of what the cat is aware of.  All of a sudden her pupils that were round all this time abruptly contract into slits.  She didn't change her pose, but I can feel that all the softness under my hand has turned into a steel spring.  Next thing I know, she jumps off and runs toward that invisible border, and then you hear the blood-curdling sounds of a cat fight.  So she spotted her enemy and her body language told me that she did, even though I didn't perceive that other cat.  

• Like 2

I adore cats - I am more a cat person than a dog person. What I noticed while communicating with my cats - cats are very sensitive. Much more sensitive than human beings. And they love people who are also energy-sensitive. Also cats are selfish in a way that they always do what they wish, and not someone else, which is contrary to dogs' behavior. For instance, if a cat jumps up to sit on your laps - she will curl up comfortably. Comfortably for a cat, not for you. Dogs, in contrast, will be persevering any discomfort and go by their keeper's wish. Curious to notice, that cats  in general are very relaxed, much more than human beings.

• Like 2

I've never found cats to be selfish... unapologetically authentic is how I would put it.

Most cats I encounter and the few I have shared my home with speak often, mostly in images and intent. 

Others though, are fairly mute, yet, if one has learned their nature and their mannerisms, their silence speaks volumes.

All of nature is communicating all of the time.  Or it only seems that way to me.  I embrace it either way.

• Like 3

I once had a volunteer desk job as a receptionist / what-ever-hat-was-needed person.

A cat befriended me and took to sitting on the desk next to the phone. I talked to him frequently as though he were the friend that he was.

He listened intently and we had a good exchange though he mostly liked to watch me inside myself and see the pictures of my thoughts.

One day I slept overnight in a sleeping bag in the living room adjoining the desk / entry area. I was sound asleep when suddenly a booming voice in my head said "wake up - let me out!" I opened my eyes and he was just a few inches from my face sitting up and staring into my eyes. Then he ran over to the door and I was getting up when someone else ran over to the door and said "it's ok -I'll let him out".

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 5

You can talk to animals as tough they are just like you - and you can ask them to talk to you. We mostly talk at them and hug and kiss them and put words into their mouths.

Cats and horses are among the best telepathic speakers - birds are pretty good as well.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1