flowing hands

Huang Lo Xian Shi

Here is a picture of inside the Temple of one of My Hon. Teachers Temples that exist in Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong.

Huang Lo is on the left, Chi Tien Da Shun in the middle and Tai Sung Lo Jun on the right.

post-78909-0-08627400-1479642887_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ah yes quite a new temple that reflects the wealthy Singaporean people there, unlike the temple in Melaka, which is not an ostentatious building.

The temple committee have taken on a little of their own version. The Monkey God may be a Buddhist now but was a Daoist for most part and learnt Daoist arts. I see now they are calling him a different name to reflect Buddhism. Huang Lo is principally a Daoist and I think they have associated him with Confucius because he is highly principled. But I don't think he would like to be called Confucianist. The cheeky devils have copied some of my words and background information. 

I noted that the talisman drawing, they have now broken down to three types, whereas when I was in Malaysia they only had one and it was the Immortal master that did it!

Interesting though how all these things develop and seems to me not in the right way. Daoist temples should not be ostentatious or flashy and it reminds me a bit of the new temples that have gone up in Indonesia and in China.

Singapore is mostly Zheng Yi tradition, do you practice in it flowing hands? It would make sense then why there can be disagreement between Xiao Yao Pai.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing

No its not Zheng Yi, its origin comes from Mao Shan range of mountains. Its difficult to pin many things down because many traditions borrowed techniques from other schools, its a right mish mash!

Edited by flowing hands