Sign in to follow this  
JustARandomPanda

Question

Mantra...

I was wondering how you can know whether any movements of your body are Kunlun at work or rather subtle willful controlled?

I ask because of something I experienced tonight during Kunlun practice. I had the odd sensation of wanting to whip my arm out and away from my body with a lightening fast snap. This was my right arm...the one I was holding at my throat. I kept resisting it because I was confused. I didn't know if this was an example of Kunlun at work or if I was forcing it.

I've read that forcing movements slows down one's progress. I've never had as dramatic effects with Kunlun since my first night. I still get the arched back and neck, open mouth and heat and the itchy skin. But I don't see swirling lights as vividly and my legs no longer bounce.

Am I doing something to inhibit Kunlun from working as strongly as it did that first time?

Edited by SereneBlue

you can send mantra a private message, unless you wanted this to be a public discussion.

i feel i may provide you with some answers, although not on the level of mantra though.

there is much stressing of the concept of 'letting go' in kunlun. you resisting is not letting go. whatever happens happens, just let go and don't think, merely observe and feel the connection to the energy. that's all i can add

you can send mantra a private message, unless you wanted this to be a public discussion.

Thank you... I did post publicly in case anyone had a similar question. I'm having a hard time identifying whether something is truly, genuinely spontaneous or merely seems spontaneous but really isn't.

Does Kunlun come in fits and starts? I'm not sure why the effects I've had for the last 3 sessions did not have the "Wow" factor of my first time. And I've never had the bliss experience others have had.

Mantra...

I was wondering how you can know whether any movements of your body are Kunlun at work or rather subtle willful controlled?

I ask because of something I experienced tonight during Kunlun practice. I had the odd sensation of wanting to whip my arm out and away from my body with a lightening fast snap. This was my right arm...the one I was holding at my throat. I kept resisting it because I was confused. I didn't know if this was an example of Kunlun at work or if I was forcing it.

I've read that forcing movements slows down one's progress. I've never had as dramatic effects with Kunlun since my first night. I still get the arched back and neck, open mouth and heat and the itchy skin. But I don't see swirling lights as vividly and my legs no longer bounce.

Am I doing something to inhibit Kunlun from working as strongly as it did that first time?

When I get these spontaneous movments I just go for it and see what happens. Somethimes the feeling gets stronger, other times it just fads away. Then I just go back to the original position.

I often get the feeling that my arms and body are moved by some force, very magnetic-like force. Its a great feeling, sometimes its a little scary to let go and do all these wird things. But at the same time its a lot of fun!

For me this changes a lot. Sometimes it is very stong, other times there is nothing happening, not even bouncing. But when I just focus more on feeling the subtle things, there is a lot happing on the inside anyway. Its just not so expressive.

There's no need to succumb to self doubt/self consciousness and allow it to paralyse you. If you feel a spontaneous movement coming, allow it to pass through you and never mind what prompted the feeling, as the spontaneous movement is nothing to get attached to anyhow.

Just stay with the process of doing your practise and try not to get too caught up in the "narrative of events" that unfold during a session. imho.

Sereneblue,

This is definitely a wild path and takes some getting used to. Just play around with it. Smiling and having fun are the key.

Your pal,

Yoda

Sereneblue,

This is definitely a wild path and takes some getting used to. Just play around with it. Smiling and having fun are the key.

I'm already doing that. Although the pain has come back. But in any case I'm still trying to do Kunlun the little amount of time I can withstand the pain.

I see Mantra has posted elsewhere after my post according to the board timestamps. I guess he's decided to not answer. I forget he prefers people not ask questions and just do whatever with Kunlun.

Edited by SereneBlue

Thank you... I did post publicly in case anyone had a similar question. I'm having a hard time identifying whether something is truly, genuinely spontaneous or merely seems spontaneous but really isn't.

Does Kunlun come in fits and starts? I'm not sure why the effects I've had for the last 3 sessions did not have the "Wow" factor of my first time. And I've never had the bliss experience others have had.

I know what you mean with genuinly spontanius or not but what happens alot in my case is that i start willingly with nonspontanious movement like twisting from left to right (the back, to aid the up or downward spiralling) and afterwords the real spontanious movement takes over.

You cant evaluate kunlun over 3 sessions, after some time the experience you have may change slightly over the sessions you do Sereneblue.

The more you do kunlun the easier it is to recognize spontanious movement and the easier it is to get the feeling of the energy and its results back (logically).

About the bliss, ive been in the blissstate before but i didnt see it as bliss or experienced it as bliss immediatly, later on i found out what was refered to as bliss but at the moment it occured i was busy with undergoing and letting go.

At the moment bliss occured the first time it felt more like "a very enjoyable feeling because of the (rising) energy". Noticed especially when the neck tilted backwards so the energy could pass easier, hard to ignore. After several sessions and more "letting go" this state also changed to a more solid feeling of refreshing energy going diffrent directions. More grounded, more controlable.

Nowadays the blissfeeling occurs more when i do the cooldown posture. Although i can understand most people will start to notice bliss as soon as they are "filled up" and abundant energy starts comming in. A feeling like aaaah relief comes in :)

In my personal example a reason that the bliss-state is delayed can be that i use the incomming energy to cool down the rising energy to prevent the KL-energy stagnating in the head or even worse forcing open the crown to abruptly. I like to do kunlun slightly slower and more natural.

Its never good to focus on obtaining bliss (letting go is what provides you the energy, not focus) the actual energy is the bliss and also wich provide you the bliss, if you didnt notice a blissfeeling before you will soon.

The first time you do something and learn to meet a new energy it will have a big wow-factor, later times this can be less .. still if you prolong the KL-posture for a few minutes longer the energy wont stop building up. Possibly better if you can get yourself to let go even more (this is not that easy i found, yelling a few times: "i dont care about anything at this moment, what happens happens !!" helped with me, you have to mean it ffcourse).

The currency of the energy will keep rising and rising as long as you can keep letting go. Beware sometimes you think you are letting go but unconsciously are stopping the rise of currency as your body has difficulty coping with it, dont go over your limit to quickly ffcourse, listen to your body and keep it natural.

Also sometimes the moment itself the practice doesnt seem WOW but only afterwords when you really start to notice how much energy you have packed in your body lol.

When the energy passes trough your centers and build up to high intensity/currency very strange events can occur. I prefer to stay vague as it depends from person to person, i dont wonna give info where you can focus on (like an experience that could possibly happen) but i also dont wonna give info that may scare people. Some occurances can be euh drastic or impressive.

This all comming from short personal experience, im no kunlun teacher and certainly no expert. If you find an irregularity (and no not the spelling :) ) or a plain mistake in my post please say so that i can change it to prevent wrong information circulating around.

Hope i could help, regards Mike.

I kept resisting it because I was confused. I didn't know if this was an example of Kunlun at work or if I was forcing it.

Just go with the flow, don't force anything (actions or resisting actions).

Also, it would be normal for kriyas to diminish over time. Many of them are from energy hitting blockages, etc. But the more open you get, the less internal resistance will be encountered. Therefore, you will likely see decreased external motions.

That is why they say not to get attached to phenomena. It's a process and they are just scenery along the way (that will come and go)...not the destination.

Also, I believe you may hit higher states during peak practices, but come back down to Earth later on. That's also normal I believe, especially at first before you're ready to function at a much higher, more open state constantly.

Thanks for the replies

I'm trying to do the best I can with Kunlun considering the pain involved.

I won't make the mistake of asking questions anymore either.

Best wishes

I see Mantra has posted elsewhere after my post according to the board timestamps. I guess he's decided to not answer. I forget he prefers people not ask questions and just do whatever with Kunlun.

SB,

Not true, girl. I didn't notice this thread until now.

The others have answered perfectly with regard to feeling movements. Many times we are just watching what our bodies are doing and going, "what the hell?"

Just let it do what it wants and it will work itself out.

Just let it do what it wants and it will work itself out.

Thank you Mantra.

dude, asking questions isnt a mistake :)

Thank you...but I get the impression with Kunlun it is.

If Kunlun is a "Just do it" Tradition then asking questions is the wrong way to go. It seems like every other post Mantra makes ends with some version of "If you just keep practicing your questions will be answered." So yes...asking questions - no matter how well intended - is the wrong thing to do. He keeps trying to tell everyone that but gets hammered for it. I forgot it myself momentarily and posted when I see now I should just keep practicing.

Now that I think about it I'm not sure why Mantra needs to be here anymore. The seeds have been planted. All that's left is for them to sprout and grow and they'll do that enough on their own.

Guest winpro07

I have had similar experiences. I was also concerned for some reason. It occurred once I accepted the motions that they are all good -just different kind of openings happening. It took me a long time to get to the 'Bliss Factor" two months. My body has moved in almost every conceivable way

Guest winpro07

certain part of my mind was very good at observation, and was catching these subtle-internal rising-movements, slowing them down or halting them. It did my heart good to see that continuing with the motion, even though self conscious of it -washed out the part of mind that was in fear. I had many years of built up tension in my neck and face. I was troubled for a while by this because during Kun Lun practice It seemed to get worse, almost unbearable at times making me feel i was not making progress -this came from something that happened years ago that made me afraid of smiling :D . At one point in practice my face began to contort rapidly into many expressions -after this the bliss started. Is seems good to feel pain, sadness, love, anger -have even manifested martial postures. -this is really fun stuff

Guest winpro07

Hi. Know where you are coming from. My mind first questioned this. The answeres to questions about Kun Lun come spontaneously, just as the motions do. The truth is when i stopped asking questions everything happened.

I have had similar experiences. I was also concerned for some reason. It occurred once I accepted the motions that they are all good -just different kind of openings happening. It took me a long time to get to the 'Bliss Factor" two months. My body has moved in almost every conceivable way

Thank you Mantra.

Thank you...but I get the impression with Kunlun it is.

If Kunlun is a "Just do it" Tradition then asking questions is the wrong way to go. It seems like every other post Mantra makes ends with some version of "If you just keep practicing your questions will be answered." So yes...asking questions - no matter how well intended - is the wrong thing to do. He keeps trying to tell everyone that but gets hammered for it. I forgot it myself momentarily and posted when I see now I should just keep practicing.

Now that I think about it I'm not sure why Mantra needs to be here anymore. The seeds have been planted. All that's left is for them to sprout and grow and they'll do that enough on their own.

I suppose its a matter of what are the questions. If you're looking for a technical readout on this battlestation, even the bothan spies wont be able to help you there - but there are plenty of legitimate questions that are perfectly fine to ask, i.e. you initial questions in this thread.

Sign in to follow this