Sign in to follow this  
AugustLeo

I think we need a special Kunlun subforum to collect all these threads.

Seriously. :lol:

Haha yeah I have been thinking the same thing. It's become quite hard to follow.

As I promised, I would let everyone know about my kunlun practice so here goes. I just got the book Pillars of Bliss by Lama Ngakpha Dorje (with Chris Tittle). I haven't read it yet, but I will post regularly in this thread about my experiences.

AugustLeo

Hi AugustLeo,

Quite a few folks have started threads in the personal practice forum. You might be better off posting a log there and then posting questions, concerns etc... on one of the main threads. Not trying to tell you what to do, but I kind of wish I had done this myself. I hope the practice benefits you!

Its cooler cause Kundalini is a fire skill and was taught in India during the warmer months to help detoxify and sweat out all impurities. :rolleyes: That is the difference!!!

it may surprise you that it isn't pure fire as you all say it is.

"There are two internal forces or breaths, Prana and Apana, which govern the inhale and the exhale respectively. Prana rises, spreads and blossoms. Apana goes down, contracts and roots."

prana is hot, apana is cold.

there is a visual here

http://www.occult-advances.org/kund.shtml

You find some very cool sites i must say on kundalini but this one seems to be a mix match of different beliefs was kinda hard to follow for me??

The main thing we have to consider with any practice is correct method and knowning when things go wrong or steer you wrongly. I guess Kundalini can be good if you have all the right information and the teacher that knows there stuff. I dont think people should compare energy systems as such but its always good to know what others are doing and what they have completed.

Kunlun seems to work for people and most of them havent finished a yr training properly and without a teacher mostly from a book then they are comparing to other systems which there is no need for. I just hope that without the teacher they dont stuff their own energy cause of using a book?!

WYG

I believe this practice is much cooler than kundalini practice - see for yourself - give it a try.

And now it belongs to me as well as to everyone else. Thank you, Max, for sharing.

Your mileage may vary. My experiences are based on those of a 57 year old American male who is obviously a bum of the Tao :-)

Yep, it belongs to you.

Have fun!

~Chris

Mantra68 has already given me the best advice on 100 days.

It's pretty simple really.

How anyone can be arrogant enough to lecture what someone does or does not practice is beyond me.

The exception to the rule would be if you develop a real,authentic realatonship with a teacher.

I wouldn't say Max and I are at the point and it isn't too much of a big deal if that sort of realationship develops or not but I would say after studying with someone like him for atleast a couple years and really sort of "getting to know your Sensei" then I would just listen and do.

From that persective, Taobums can be in large part a misdirected community because you have some poeple who clearly have no achievment, lecturing others who clearly have no achievment.

It's fun for awhile. And I still will remain part of the community for fun. But that's about it.

it may surprise you that it isn't pure fire as you all say it is.

I am not sure from when this concept of Kundalini being 'fiery' in nature came into light. Kundalini is neither fire nor water. It is described as the inherent energy in every being that can be described as the 'soul energy' or the 'individual soul' and associating her with one single form of energy would be totally wrong.

The six chakras are divided into three regions starting with the basal Chakra called Muladhara. The first two represent the region of fire or region of darkness, the next two represent the solar sphere or the region of alternating darkness and light and the next two represent the lunar region or the region of light. The seventh Chakra or Sahasrara is the region of total silence, described as being 'inherently' bright but not 'lit' by external sources like the lower chakras. The fiery sensations produced by Kundalini are merely reactions of her traversing the lower two Chakras, Muladhara and Swadhishthana. The masters have compared her to 'fire' in the sense of her destroying Karmas that bind one to lower levels of concsiousness, to 'light' in the sense of her showing the 'truth of self' and as 'lightening' in the context of those who, on receiving a Shaktipat after right preparation, have Kundalini risen to some Chakra above the heart chakra in an instant. The sensations necessarily are not her attributes but rather the attributes of the Chakras through which she moves. As most have blockages in the lower chakras, it may be common to hear of 'fiery' sensations. When crossing the brow Chakra, she is also described as being cool like the nectarine rays of the full moon.

Also, she is described as a sleeping serpent in Muladhara. When a lot of Yogic heat is generated by practice of Pranayama, Mudras, Bandhas [together called Kriya], she wakes up due to the heat and starts ascending. That is one method of awakening her called Hatha Yoga [Hatha means being stubborn, yoga means communion, being stubborn to achieve the communion]. Now this being the popular approach could be another reason why people end up associating her with 'fire'.

Though Hatha Yoga practice is rather popular in the West, traditional Hindu masters never taught or recommended it as a 'great' technique of enlightenment. And recommended practice during warmer months has nothing to do with Kundalini per say. Kundalini can be awakened by thought, fire, air or water methods. These are just different methods and experiences resulting are more based on the path that Kundalini herself as she is just pure energy. Practice during warm months is chiefly for the 'air'+'fire' method described above involving pranayama or breath control. Warmer air is easier to handle than colder air as colder prana is supposed to make a Yogi lethargic.

Edited by SiliconValley

Sign in to follow this