Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

To the President-elect

To the President-elect
by Joseph Brodsky (a Nobel Prize winner)

You’ve climbed the mountain. At its top,
the mountain and the climbing stop.
A peak is where the climber finds
his biggest step is not mankind’s.

Proud of your stamina and craft
you stand there being photographed
transfixed between nowhere-to-go
and us who give you vertigo.

Well, strike your tent and have your lunch
before you stir an avalanche
of brand-new taxes whose each cent
will mark the speed of your descent.

[1992]

mountain-triangle-city.jpg

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 7

Interesting, especially the image.  Hmmm...that upward pointing triangle, doesn`t look like anything good.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

Interesting, especially the image.  From your past writings I know you`re not fond of pyramids, so that triangle pointing up -- that can`t be a sign of anything good.  I don't know much about such things, but it gives me a feng shui juju kind of feeling.

The best thing is still the poem, but of course Brodsky's image of a mountain to climb to the top can't be anything but a pyramid. 

The pyramid is the graphic representation of the structure of hierarchical power in a world saddled with "rulers."  The people are the base of the pyramid -- wide, low, pressed upon by the whole mass of the whole thing over it.   The higher you go, the fewer are there, the less pressure on you from the top, the more you press on the bottom. 

The pyramid on our dollar bill is truncated though, which is a far more accurate image of our system.  It does not have one peak, rather it has two corners. to represent the two-party system.  A democracy is in fact the next step after tyranny, an advanced and more stable form of oppression.  You can walk forever from one of its topmost corners to the other, fluctuating between them on a horizontal line connecting them into one unit while creating the illusion of two units, of a choice, of one corner of the truncated thing being better now, then the other one being better, then the previous one again, and so on. 

The dichotomy thus represented is really advanced monopoly, and the party is still one -- the political party, with its top position and its monopoly on power.  Of course it's not the placeholder, not the man or woman in a particular corner of it at a particular 4-year period, who concentrates the whole political power of that layer.  Rather, he or she is the member of that political party layer in the most precarious position, hanging on the edge, the purposeful placement in a spot of no stability stipulated by its short term. 

The monopoly that is the capstone, missing and unknown, is still implied by the image, but what it is made of -- the Deep State, the Shadow government, or the AI or some other archons calling the real shots -- is unknowable, yet it is a very inevitable continuation of the truncated pyramid into the highermost, invisible spheres.  I tend to think that the Deep State and the Shadow government are not what's there, rather they are located on that stable, unchalleangeable from below, horizontal line between the two corners, with this or that president hanging off that cliff for four or eight years before climbing safely back onto the plane.  (With the exception of those presidents who imagined they have real power in that corner and tried to shake things up.  Those are pushed off that edge promptly.)

The current Deep State is formidable, a corporate-military-banking-bureacratic plane that can't possibly be affected by any movement of the base or any contortions on the party edge.  What the mysterious monoruler at the very peak is up to I don't know, and find those who think they do laughable...  all I understand from the picture (and I've studied sacred geometry for many years) is, unless someone from outside the pyramid knocks him off, I don't expect to see anything we haven't seen since the first pyramid was built to deface the face of this planet.            

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Interesting, especially the image.  Hmmm...that upward pointing triangle, doesn`t look like anything good.

But it's the stairway to Heaven.  Where's your optimism?

always a big target on the lead dog...

Especially if you have been wrong about him all along.  People need to find excuses for their errors.

Here we sit in the president's chair, and how many of us have acted responsibly with our power? Are we righteous in serving that which holds us up?

The eyes of Ra and Horus, are synonymous with the glimmering capstone of the pyramid. They represent the Self and its godly position. Do we become indulged in Self interest, paving the way for shadowy secrets and a sinister take on the intelligence beyond; or do we loyally serve the masses knowing our duty as both master and slave.

Notice how it's addressed to You?

• Like 2

If we wish to know the person at the top of the pyramid we need only look in the mirror.

Here we sit in the president's chair, and how many of us have acted responsibly with our power? Are we righteous in serving that which holds us up?

The eyes of Ra and Horus, are synonymous with the glimmering capstone of the pyramid. They represent the Self and its godly position. Do we become indulged in Self interest, paving the way for shadowy secrets and a sinister take on the intelligence beyond; or do we loyally serve the masses knowing our duty as both master and slave.

Notice how it's addressed to You?

"knowing our duty as both master and slave."

This leaves out in the cold weirdos like me who hate the master-slave relationships in all their evil manifestations.  Weirdos with visceral memory of a world not pressed down upon by a pyramid of power.  

Everything in our history is post-traumatic memory loss.  I feel the trauma very acutely, somehow my system failed to repress it, I even have a scientifically researched theory of how this may have happened.  And the payoff for this rare and weird form of suffering, the what's bought at this price that many (most?) might find too high, is memory I didn't lose.

I remember the world without slaves and masters. I pine for it every day.  It was real.  Way more real than anything that has happened since.

• Like 4

"knowing our duty as both master and slave."

This leaves out in the cold weirdos like me who hate the master-slave relationships in all their evil manifestations. Weirdos with visceral memory of a world not pressed down upon by a pyramid of power.

Everything in our history is post-traumatic memory loss. I feel the trauma very acutely, somehow my system failed to repress it, I even have a scientifically researched theory of how this may have happened. And the payoff for this rare and weird form of suffering, the what's bought at this price that many (most?) might find too high, is memory I didn't lose.

I remember the world without slaves and masters. I pine for it every day. It was real. Way more real than anything that has happened since.

This is exactly what I was getting at, dear Taomeow.

We are both master and slave, positioned right between our duty to serve this bodily universe that gives us divinity, and in turn a willing slave to the processes outside ourself that require our devotion and understanding. We should be as willing as the matter that performs so dutifully within our own universes.

The pyramid symbology was never meant to be about dominance and control of power, but instead a massive reminder of our responsibility. However, the way we see it, is the way we collectively feel. Our society has become obsessed with selfish indulgence. Everyone trying to be unique and stand out for "flashing cameras". Many of us know not our duties or "where to go". We have become disconnected from the whole, like cancerous cells growing to their own purpose; and we see cancer increase within ourselves the further away we pull. We all feel that conflict within of who we are, and the hint of purpose long lost still lingers...but we're committed to this path for a while longer. Committed to the asylum for the mentally ill. Sure, this is by design, and perhaps there is a set of elites who have understood this power, twisting it to their own agenda. However, they too are a reflection of our collective mind.

We look to space and dream of the final escape, away from our mother's call. The sMother who loves us so and beckons us home, but many are unwilling to resign from this life. Mother wants nothing more than for us to be happy, yet her love brings death to all, and this is what drives us. Fear of death and non-existence. We have forgotten death's crucial role.

To reach the state that you describe, Tm, means for us to give up on our search for power; and to abandon the idea of individuality as we see it today. The ideal balance must be known..the middle path..and it must be applied to all areas, as they connect like light in a hall of mirrors.

Live to serve and to know the Mother, embrace her deathly hug as she welcomes us home to rest.

Except that isn't true SA, it's the complete opposite. The problem is lack of responsibility to self and not individualism. It is the demand of 'duty' to the collective that creates the pyramid. It is the demand that everyone becomes each other's keepers that allows a ruling elite to exist. The person sitting at he top is not a president, it is the person that demands sacrifice from others, or demands that others must sacrifice to the collective.

It's this sense of altruism that evades reality and causes moral relativism. It suggests that I may steal from you because you may steal from me, that this is the social contact-that dog shall eat dog. In order to ensure it, there must be a leader and that leader will extract blood and treasure to impose that altruistic sacrifice by the sword. The only thing keeping him in power is the people's will to abandon reality, reason, independence and morality.

What happens is that ever more people are discouraged from honest production and self reliance. Human survival is reliant on the use of reason, independent production and the moral happiness of achieving value by a set of principles we call virtues. Misery, imprisonment, forced labour and sacrifice will surely follow as this path is followed. It is the way of the uncivilised barbarian and canibal. Each man shall devour his brothers life until non are left.

Edited by Karl

Sign in to follow this