SeekerOfHealing

Emotional Healing Qigong (?)

Hello. I have question about emotional healing qigong. There is any styled focused on how to feel better about themselves not in basis of qualities that one can have to feel good about himself? (i'm this so im happy i got that so im happy)

Also I read about emptiness qigong which caugh my interest (I read it on long men pai blog of one guy who studied I think with Wang Liping, can be wrong)

anyone have potential instructions/dvd?

Also from personal experience which practices things helped you to heal the wounds and emotions which you carry on regular basis?

Also from personal experience which practices things helped you to heal the wounds and emotions which you carry on regular basis?

I will speak to only this part of your post and only from a personal understanding perspective.

This is a long term project.  Don't let anyone tell you that you can just "let it go".  It doesn't work that way because the memories are in our subconscious mind and they appear in our dreams and pop up throughout our waking hours.

The first thing I had to do was to accept the responsibility for my role in causing what happened.  We need to be honest with our self.  If we owe someone an apology and it is possible to apologize in person we should do that.  If not, at least will in your mind that you have apologized for your role.

Next is to not linger with thoughts of what happened.  They will invade your conscious mind.  Don't doubt that.  But when they do try to not linger with the thoughts and try to not place blame.  Doing either will only strengthen the memory and you can even begin telling your self lies placing more blame on others than is justified.

I use empty-minded meditation.  I have found it very useful when dealing with stuff like this. 

And remember, whatever happened is written in stone.  We cannot change what has already happened.  But we can change how we view what happened, and we can make up our mind to not let it bother our present life.  If it bothers our present life it will likely influence our future as well.

So basically, yes, let it go.  But you have a lot of hard work to do before you can let it go.

• Like 7

The best work i know about emotions is from Michael Brown "the presence process". There are a lot of Good vids on YouTube about this work. Also very Good ( the same work as from Michael Brown but different approach) is the work from Scott kiloby. Look into the articles section on kiloby.com for a first look into his work.

All the best

Michael

• Like 3

I find Barry Long's lectures to have a good quality on letting go.  Drop habitual thinking and the emotional worries drop away.   He's got some good youtubes out there.  Eckhardt Tolle points to him as a major influence, so its that kind of 'drop the mind' but more direct and I find easier to access. 

• Like 1

Emotional Healing Qigong: "6-Sounds" Qigong, Liu-zi-jie., where each sound corresponds to one emotion relating to one internal organ.

I will speak to only this part of your post and only from a personal understanding perspective.

This is a long term project.  Don't let anyone tell you that you can just "let it go".  It doesn't work that way because the memories are in our subconscious mind and they appear in our dreams and pop up throughout our waking hours.

The first thing I had to do was to accept the responsibility for my role in causing what happened.  We need to be honest with our self.  If we owe someone an apology and it is possible to apologize in person we should do that.  If not, at least will in your mind that you have apologized for your role.

Next is to not linger with thoughts of what happened.  They will invade your conscious mind.  Don't doubt that.  But when they do try to not linger with the thoughts and try to not place blame.  Doing either will only strengthen the memory and you can even begin telling your self lies placing more blame on others than is justified.

I use empty-minded meditation.  I have found it very useful when dealing with stuff like this. 

And remember, whatever happened is written in stone.  We cannot change what has already happened.  But we can change how we view what happened, and we can make up our mind to not let it bother our present life.  If it bothers our present life it will likely influence our future as well.

So basically, yes, let it go.  But you have a lot of hard work to do before you can let it go.

Yes, it may not easy because the memory is not one piece for example...

Painful memories tend to break up into many pieces... It is like broken glass....OneI can process them one by one...

And even one piece can be heavy... So that is why it may take time... Not to mention one may not want to process them at all but still they can have an effect invisibly..... The problem is not memories they are fully repressed but with those.. which start to come up in pieces... 

One way to work with memories is to balance the body first. Then the body will not react as intensely on the memories.

This is a basic technique in PTSD treatment.

One way to work with memories is to balance the body first. Then the body will not react as intensely on the memories.

This is a basic technique in PTSD treatment.

So what do you do to balance?

Correct movement.

Correct breathing.

Correct intention.

This works with the fright reflex reaction, which lay as a basic distuptor behind a majority of nasty symptoms related to less than pleasant experiences.