dwai

Seeing beings in Meditation

When I'm in deep meditation the goal is to pinpoint the mind onto the Witness, thereby rendering it empty and still. Yet, the mind does wander from time to time.

In such occasions I encounter some beings from time to time. One who showed up quite a few times recently is a woman, who is very radiant and exuding love. She seemed extremely familiar to me, yet I'm sure I've not seen her (at least in the way I saw her in meditation). She feels like she is a part of me or my family.

The other striking one is the face of whom I would consider a shaman or tantrik adept. Yet, she didn't look like any human I've seen. Her face was rounder and smaller than normal human faces and eyes disproportionately larger (as compared to humans), shining with radiance. I didn't feel "love" emanating from her, but Power!

Any thoughts on what they might be? Also please do share similar experiences you might have had as well.

Edited by dwai
  • Like 7

My meditations are not 'empty mind' and tend to be filled with other-identities. The 'me' seems to be composed of twelve other identities, plus my chakras function with identities, and a whole variety of what some call guides. It's like a huge family in my interworlds life! I suppose all that would be distracting if one was working to keep an empty mind though. :-)

RC

• Like 3

I have had some similar experiences, but for me it was more feeling the beings than getting the cool visuals that you do. My perspective is that they are there to help. Depending on your practices and experience, consider touching or hugging them. See what you get from the connection. I am sure more will unfold from that.

Also, do not be surprised if you find the two beings sort of merging into one (or one form becomes more dominant).

• Like 2

I rememeber in Path Notes he talked about seeing Beings in the mirror and different spirits being attracted to people depending on there energy. That's been true in my experience. Offerings is an ancient and wonderful practice. Have fun.  :ph34r:  :)

• Like 2

Hi friend,

There is no difference between what you see in meditation and what you see when you open your eyes. Obvioulsy some events are highly pleasurable (divine beings) and others are a nightmare (hellish planes).

The mind has the amazing faculty of creating anything and everything.

The best thing to do is keep going and don't let the mind becoming attached to the objects/things/beings/events it creates or you'll risk becoming stuck in that level. Watch and let go...next event...watch and let go. They all come and go. Impermanence is something the mind detests!

Good luck! :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

When I'm in deep meditation the goal is to pinpoint the mind onto the Witness, thereby rendering it empty and still. Yet, the mind does wander from time to time.

In such occasions I encounter some beings from time to time. One who showed up quite a few times recently is a woman, who is very radiant and exuding love. She seemed extremely familiar to me, yet I'm sure I've not seen her (at least in the way I saw her in meditation). She feels like she is a part of me or my family.

Not that I would term it the anima, but I think that is close.   We all have such 'experiences'  , in one form or another.  Some project the dynamic outwards on to other people.  Liz Greene ( psychological / mythological astrologer ) has some interesting writings on it ;  she says it is best to keep them in the dream world and better if we never try to meet them in 'reality'. 

My  first experience  was when I was young , it was more 'trance' induced, or 'daydream' .   A 'lady' in the water .... under the surface,  I was confused as I thought 'she cant breathe down there '.  Then, my childish logic kicked in .... 'Ahhh, must be a reflection, silly me . '   I looked up and saw a sphere of light in the sky with the Lady inside it, then it all went white light for ...... ?   Until someone calling my name,  called me back.     I later tracked the icon down ;

ave-stella-maris-catholic.jpg

or, if one prefers ;

yemanja.gif

or even 

Thoth-Star-188x300.jpg

Of course, 'she ' is an archetype , the Catholics , the New Agers, the 'Thothers'  dont have any monopoly on her , they just have variant cultural expressions of the form.  

A lot can be gleaned by examining the  symbolism ans schemata of the vision as  symbolism and image are the means of the unconscious communicating with us . On this level I feel the question of such beings having an  objective or subjective 'reality' is of little consequence, the importance thing  is the message. 

The other striking one is the face of whom I would consider a shaman or tantrik adept. Yet, she didn't look like any human I've seen. Her face was rounder and smaller than normal human faces and eyes disproportionately larger (as compared to humans), shining with radiance. I didn't feel "love" emanating from her, but Power!

yes, I dont think we are restricted to one single form or 'anima or animus' expression ,  I think we can be a 'multitude' . . . or, there can be a multitude of 'archetypes' we can encounter.  Each may express a different function.

Any thoughts on what they might be? Also please do share similar experiences you might have had as well.

We are social animals and are 'expert' at relating to each other in various ways ..... even if we do not realise that , it is ingrained in our development, so, for many of us, the best way to relate to something is  to personify it ; angel or demon, good or bad alien,  ancestors,  etc.  

• Like 4

Not that I would term it the anima, but I think that is close. We all have such 'experiences' , in one form or another. Some project the dynamic outwards on to other people. Liz Greene ( psychological / mythological astrologer ) has some interesting writings on it ; she says it is best to keep them in the dream world and better if we never try to meet them in 'reality'.

My first experience was when I was young , it was more 'trance' induced, or 'daydream' . A 'lady' in the water .... under the surface, I was confused as I thought 'she cant breathe down there '. Then, my childish logic kicked in .... 'Ahhh, must be a reflection, silly me . ' I looked up and saw a sphere of light in the sky with the Lady inside it, then it all went white light for ...... ? Until someone calling my name, called me back. I later tracked the icon down ;

ave-stella-maris-catholic.jpg

or, if one prefers ;

yemanja.gif

or even

Thoth-Star-188x300.jpg

Of course, 'she ' is an archetype , the Catholics , the New Agers, the 'Thothers' dont have any monopoly on her , they just have variant cultural expressions of the form.

A lot can be gleaned by examining the symbolism ans schemata of the vision as symbolism and image are the means of the unconscious communicating with us . On this level I feel the question of such beings having an objective or subjective 'reality' is of little consequence, the importance thing is the message.

yes, I dont think we are restricted to one single form or 'anima or animus' expression , I think we can be a 'multitude' . . . or, there can be a multitude of 'archetypes' we can encounter. Each may express a different function.

We are social animals and are 'expert' at relating to each other in various ways ..... even if we do not realise that , it is ingrained in our development, so, for many of us, the best way to relate to something is to personify it ; angel or demon, good or bad alien, ancestors, etc.

Thank you, my friend. As is so often the case, you shock me into a small-scale epiphany.

Recognizing the absurdity of the question and only tangentially related, I'll ask it anyhow. Do the little people still reside in Australia?

My meditations are not 'empty mind' and tend to be filled with other-identities. The 'me' seems to be composed of twelve other identities, plus my chakras function with identities, and a whole variety of what some call guides.

Wonderful  !     here is your 'me'  in the middle of its 12 'expressions ' . 

maxresdefault.jpg

Now, if we want to make them 12 identities ;  simple  (use mythology) .  

7  modes  (or planets )  can then be introduced for various dynamics;

It's like a huge family in my interworlds life! I suppose all that would be distracting if one was working to keep an empty mind though. :-)

RC

'Guides and extras ' ?  They can be vast ;   see writings like Swedenborg on 'spiritual hierarchies '  

The Magicians role is to rule and regulate these forces or beings  'in' the psyche .  And not let them get 'out of hand'   :)

• Like 1

My meditations are not 'empty mind' and tend to be filled with other-identities. The 'me' seems to be composed of twelve other identities, plus my chakras function with identities, and a whole variety of what some call guides. It's like a huge family in my interworlds life! I suppose all that would be distracting if one was working to keep an empty mind though. :-)

RC

yes, but when they are well trained, they can do all sorts of things for you, allowing you to keep an empty mind when you choose to       :)   

• Like 2

Thank you, my friend. As is so often the case, you shock me into a small-scale epiphany.

Recognizing the absurdity of the question and only tangentially related, I'll ask it anyhow. Do the little people still reside in Australia?

Indeed .    I have met one; he was touring with a band called ' Earth Reggae ' that played at one of our festivals.   He was relatively  'pure blood'  so easier to identify   he was 'skin' to these guys ;  he,  and them, are excellent  specimens of health, proportion and strength ;

Pygmies-1.jpg

and they are 'skin' to these guys ;

van-der-post-pygmies.jpg

• Like 1

Indeed . I have met one; he was touring with a band called ' Earth Reggae ' that played at one of our festivals. He was relatively 'pure blood' so easier to identify he was 'skin' to these guys ; he, and them, are excellent specimens of health, proportion and strength ;

Pygmies-1.jpg

and they are 'skin' to these guys ;

van-der-post-pygmies.jpg

They reside in the in-between here, and are roughly knee-high. I thought it nuttiness until I noticed them myself in the corners of awareness, and then Michael taught me to greet them. Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

Oh wait ..... did you man like   'Pixies'   ?      Most certainly too   :) 

Well, thats what I call them, other than the  wordy rave I made above    :D     They much prefer simpler terms as they prefer to relate to us on an emotive level .   The rave above is my brain seeking some non emotive intellectual explanation  .  

But around here, they would have their own name with the indigenous .   My elder / guardian friend  would say, they come into his gunya at night , one can see the little footprints in the dust around the fireplace in the morning. 

There was a comment above about 'offerings'     ..... oh yes !   This works very well on the emotive level .... also offerings related to thanks, gratitude and the sheer enjoyment of participating in ......   'everything' .    For them ( the indigenous here ) , the top of the hierarchy (on this level ) is also female  ;   "Just ask Mum . "  they say  " and she will supply everything you need ."   * Mother nature , we might call her .  of course, what they forget to tie into that , as it is second nature , for that to work, you gotta follow  'The Law' .   

• Like 2

Oh wait ..... did you man like 'Pixies' ? Most certainly too :)

Well, thats what I call them, other than the wordy rave I made above :D They much prefer simpler terms as they prefer to relate to us on an emotive level . The rave above is my brain seeking some non emotive intellectual explanation .

But around here, they would have their own name with the indigenous . My elder / guardian friend would say, they come into his gunya at night , one can see the little footprints in the dust around the fireplace in the morning.

There was a comment above about 'offerings' ..... oh yes ! This works very well on the emotive level .... also offerings related to thanks, gratitude and the sheer enjoyment of participating in ...... 'everything' . For them ( the indigenous here ) , the top of the hierarchy (on this level ) is also female ; "Just ask Mum . " they say " and she will supply everything you need ." * Mother nature , we might call her . of course, what they forget to tie into that , as it is second nature , for that to work, you gotta follow 'The Law' .

Yes.

It seems insanity until it is real, and then it is still insanity but that stops mattering.

The ancient ones don't speak with me but they occasionally trust me enough to step out of the shadows.

• Like 2

Oh wait ..... did you man like 'Pixies' ? Most certainly too :)

Well, thats what I call them, other than the wordy rave I made above :D They much prefer simpler terms as they prefer to relate to us on an emotive level . The rave above is my brain seeking some non emotive intellectual explanation .

But around here, they would have their own name with the indigenous . My elder / guardian friend would say, they come into his gunya at night , one can see the little footprints in the dust around the fireplace in the morning.

There was a comment above about 'offerings' ..... oh yes ! This works very well on the emotive level .... also offerings related to thanks, gratitude and the sheer enjoyment of participating in ...... 'everything' . For them ( the indigenous here ) , the top of the hierarchy (on this level ) is also female ; "Just ask Mum . " they say " and she will supply everything you need ." * Mother nature , we might call her . of course, what they forget to tie into that , as it is second nature , for that to work, you gotta follow 'The Law' .

BTW, the indigenous here speak of Grandmother.
  • Like 1

I'll try to remember tomorrow to post some pictures of wood-carvings of "the wee people" from this corner of the mountains.

• Like 2

Yes.

It seems insanity until it is real, and then it is still insanity but that stops mattering.

Or what constitutes or defines 'reality'  is bought into question .   In magic, there is this imortant principle called 'Separation of the Planes' , one can get rather mixed up with out that. .

As you might know ; I am rather keen on this  being a matter of what we always did , and recently dont define as 'reality'  .... and one of its modern proponents ;  Harpur  ;   

"   'With Jung, Harpur argues that these are phenomena of the psyche, but that psyche is of the world, not just of us as individuals.  Indeed, our much cherished individual selves and psyches may be no more than embodiments of that world-soul (rediscovered in our age as the goddess Gaia).  The phenomena in which the book rejoices may be appearances to us of its ancient inhabitants.  They appear in different forms to match changing cultural expectations and concerns.  An appearance of the Goddess becomes an appearance of the Blessed Virgin Mary, becomes a woman with golden hair emerging from her spacecraft.  The mistake, he suggests, is to deny and repress these manifestations, since the repressed returns, pathologically and dangerously, if separated from a context of meaning and belief.  Harpur suggests that a function of these daimonic forces may now be to undermine a deadening and narrow scientific orthodoxy and world-view - the 'single vision' which Blake so deplored.  This sounds very radical but Harpur is the first to point out that it is not very new.  By drawing on a philosophical tradition that flows down the centuries from the Neoplatonists, through the Romantics, and crucially in Bake, Yeats and Jung, he shows that there is an ancient history of understanding of this daimonic, Otherworld reality.  Indeed, he goes back further still by embracing the folklore and tales of the Otherworld from across the Western tradition, and acknowledges that every culture, except perhaps our own, has seen its world as interpenetrated with another, shadowy, yet powerful reality, full of wonder, beauty and terror.  The key to being alert to it lies in what Blake called the Imagination, and in not allowing the rational mind to shut out what it cannot readily comprehend or control.  "

http://www.harpur.org/PJCHdaimonicreality.htm

The ancient ones don't speak with me but they occasionally trust me enough to step out of the shadows.

• Like 2

BTW, the indigenous here speak of Grandmother.

here too, and Great Grandmother ... especially up river ,  she is very old and tired and she is having a sleep up there .  Closed area , I was allowed in, one has to be very quiet and careful not to disturb her .

And what a place ! especially in spring;  gushing river, through many rocks inter spaced with flood battered,  natural bonsai bottle brush trees, all in flower and hundreds of  nectar eating little birds , and fish and turtles and  a traditional camp , with guys still making traditional stone axes and tools     :o   ......   all very quietly     :)  

shhhhhh   .... dont wake her up  . 

• Like 2

I suppose the general term here is Mimi  but they all have different types ;  

" Mimis are fairy-like beings of Arnhem Land in the folklore of the Indigenous Australians of northern Australia. They are described as having extremely thin and elongated bodies, so thin as to be in danger of breaking in case of a high wind. To avoid this, they usually spend most of their time living in rock crevices. They are said to have taught the Aborigines of Australia how to hunt, prepare kangaroo meat and use fire. They are like humans but they live in a different dimension. "  - Wiki 

Mimi dancers ;

db_Mimi-Aboriginal1.jpg

• Like 1

I'll try to remember tomorrow to post some pictures of wood-carvings of "the wee people" from this corner of the mountains.

For his whole life, even on his death bed, Wade "Gob" Martin insisted the Barlow knife he carried had been given to him by a tiny bearded man with a fiddle who stepped out of a tree when he was in the woods looking for a soft piece of wood to carve with the dull table knife that was the only tool his mother would let him use at that age out of fear he would hurt himself. After giving him the knife, the little man -- Wade described him as about as tall as a large corncob -- began to play and dozens more "wee people" began to step into sight, each standing still in front of him to allow him to etch them in his memory to carve later. Many of his carvings are currently in museums and those which sell at auctions tend to go for thousands of dollars.

wade-martin.jpg

k346-5.jpg

S6-71-60,+Wade+country+band.jpg

DSCN0890.JPG

You'll notice that their appearance conforms with that which would be familiar, a common theme repeated across cultures for these type of entities. The Cherokee in this same woods saw the little people differently:

LittlePeopleBig4.jpg

The offering is significant here, too:

http://www.manataka.org/page77.html

• Like 5

My apology, dwai, for the derail here but I think perhaps it isn't -- the entities we encounter in meditation or dreamtime and the ancient ones who slip between the curtains seem at least markedly similar.

• Like 2