Brian

Standing Rock

Great, we agree that there are laws,proper actions,and improper actions. We have courts ,and we have polls, to settle disagreements as to what will prevail. Beyond that, we have law enforcement, who did not machine gun down the protesters, the court did its job, voters did theirs, and the executive branch is doing its. All is as good as it gets.

• Like 1

That's about where it stands.  I think that maybe the NAs didn't get a fair hearing but that's not for me to say, only question.

• Like 1

That's about where it stands. I think that maybe the NAs didn't get a fair hearing but that's not for me to say, only question.

Theres no way to know, If they lose, theyll always say they were treated unfairly... that goes for anyone I guess.

So im thinking they should monitor the water and sue the pants off someone if there Is any problem later. FIND a way to assess the ecological value of a waterway, if there isnt now, and do Everyone some good.Same idea as carbon footprint, you pay to repair what you destroy.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

I reckon I am some misfit that doesn't get it. then, I am reminded of an old adage; there are some who know the price of everything and the value of nothing. 

rick bass, a geologist, grew up in the oil fields, turned writer, opined this a few days ago.

http://www.hcn.org/articles/make-america-sane-again-impeach-trump

thinking of putting a price on clean drinking water or air, or even land, brace yourself for sticker shock

• Like 3

I reckon I am some misfit that doesn't get it. then, I am reminded of an old adage; there are some who know the price of everything and the value of nothing. 

rick bass, a geologist, grew up in the oil fields, turned writer, opined this a few days ago.

thinking of putting a price on clean drinking water or air, or even land, brace yourself for sticker shock

Yep.  You missed something.  Money rules.  The will of the people doesn't count any more.

And they don't even need a name for it.  It's their money.  Fuck off.

For what you've got you best hold on tightly too else that will be theirs too.

Yep.  You missed something.  Money rules.  The will of the people doesn't count any more.

And they don't even need a name for it.  It's their money.  Fuck off.

For what you've got you best hold on tightly too else that will be theirs too.

you read my post on the trump talk thread. i didn't really miss that. and in times (historically) where it is so blatant that money rules, something happens then too. i just don't want to bring that up. 

16684185_1539888536039411_29631602020955

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

you read my post on the trump talk thread. i didn't really miss that. and in times (historically) where it is so blatant that money rules, something happens then too. i just don't want to bring that up. 

Okay.  I won't mention it again.  (At least while I remember that I'm not going to mention it again.)

• Like 2

Oh I get that , 

but money is the medium of exchange so somehow as custodian of something , you have to establish relative values of things like mountains and streams, wild deer or sage grouse. As it is, nothing has monetary value except if its part of the economic system , sold and bought to establish price,, and  you have to build in accountability which goes beyond temporary ownership. 

• Like 2

I watched live feed of Water protectors singing one last time at Oceti Sakowin camp as they rolled up their flag and began taking down the last tents.

Sovereignty is nonnegotiable.

This is the foretold seventh generation after Crazy Horse and this Generation made a heroic stand at Standing Rock for the next 7 generations. 

• Like 4

If sovreignity is non negotiable, then it couldnt have been granted to them, and they were wrong to go off the reservation to affect conditions under regular American jurisdiction. The sovereignity of an individuals body ,as non negotiable, however, I would support, .. mostly.

• Like 1

I think the diehard capitalists have not reached the state where they appreciate clean water and want others to have it as well.

Eventually humanity will reach the stage where such things are more valuable than money. It is just a certain percentage are that are stuck in the past and probably there are also karmic reasons for why the Native Americans are suffering so much.

• Like 1

Theres no karmic reason why they suffer if they even do suffer any more than anyone else. Theres a saying where I come from , that they might not have ever heard . Fool me once , shame on you ,,, fool me for three hundred years , and maybe I need to get a lawyer.

This karma idea fosters a self view of victimhood, victimhood removes the flexibility which would push from within , to change. They want in fact to hold on to the old ways in some ways , and thats fine, but Im not going to pity them for it, nor am I going to vilify myself over actions I never took.

Entirely clean surface water doesnt happen because biologic contaminations occur, you dont just walk up and drink out of lakes , eventually youll have problems. Long before Columbus got here water sources were contaminated by population centers , dead animals , and bacteria.

They are not karmic victims wandering around in the woods in Eden ignorant of hygiene, neither has things always fallen their way, and the same is true for you me and all our dead ancestors.

Respect them as individuals, respectem as cultural inheritors , and you end up treating them with the same standards as everyone else, or consider them endemic victims and not have that respect.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

No, the karma idea does not automatically mean victimhood but merely a action-reaction sequence beyond the mind and beyond any ideas.

It is a natural law if one believes in individuals that can acquire karma.

Like gravity.

• Like 1

fool me twice,

epic bass line------

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

oh, so what you see, you might not get

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/03/22/dakota-access-pipeline-vandalism-highlights-sabotage-risks

From the article it is clear that they want to depict the activists as bad people and themselves as the good guys.

The fake news / propaganda age has really arrived.

• Like 1

From the article it is clear that they want to depict the activists as bad people and themselves as the good guys.

The fake news / propaganda age has really arrived.

right, the robber barons can use every dirty trick known to mankind to enact their mission,

yet, when the first monkey wrench gets thrown into their cogs, they scream bloody murder.

• Like 1

I was struck by the phrase "physical attacks" -- I got the image of these methods being used when "verbal attacks" on the pipeline failed (saying mean things about its mother, calling it fat or ugly, maybe?)

From Sacred Stone Camp 27 minutes ago

Dear Shailene,

We don't know who your lawyer is, but you should probably fire them.

Your decision to plead guilty, without consulting your codefendants, is cowardly. Your "international travel career" was never in jeopardy by the misdemeanors you faced.

What was in front of you was actually a rare opportunity to use your fame for the benefit of others, and to bring attention to the trials of the others who plan to fight for justice. And you decided to prioritize yourself.

Do you know what solidarity actually is? It means you must stand strong and work together with the community even when the stakes are high. Together we are stronger.

Hope you at the very least plan to cover the fines and fees of the people who took bold action on Indigenous Peoples Day, who you have now thrown under the bus.

For all folks arrested in Standing Rock- please get in touch with the legal teams and make a plan with your lawyer and codefendants to act in solidarity with one another. Your decision to take a deal and plead guilty could endanger your comrades ability to defend their case. There are ways to work together to hold strong defenses in court.

Learn more about resources for Standing Rock arrestees at

https://freshetcollective.org/resources

40 minutes ago, zerostao said:

https://www.votetulsi.com/node/33069

Today, 210,000 gallons of oil spilled from the Keystone pipeline in South Dakota.

Earlier this month 672,000 gallons spilled in the Gulf of Mexico

:angry: Saw an msm headline earlier said 5,000 gallons. Will try & re-find that.

Edit. Found it, my mis-read. It said 5,000 barrels (which is just over 200K gallons)

No matter how you count it, sucks.

Edited by rene
  • Like 1

I saw that this morning.  Sad the workers didn't take more care after all the controversies concerning this project.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/2-million-americans-are-drinking-high-levels-of-arsenic_us_59ecfb88e4b092f9f2419345

Spoiler

Same tactics going on now as last year--- approval for a pipeline to pass through indigenous land in northern Minnesota protected by treaty is not expected until April 2018. Yet, Enbridge is going full force forward with the pipeline.

map.gif

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

Spoiler

Rezpect ^^ so the governor of north korea, dang it dakota, the corporate goons augmented by numerous law enforcement agencies thought they could starve out//freeze out the water protectors. EPIC FAIL !!

One Year Ago Today

standing rock.jpg

• Like 1