Brian

Standing Rock

I know this has been mentioned, referenced & discussed to some extent in other threads, primarily in zerotao's "climate chaos" thread (thank you!), but the protest/standoff in North Dakota is growing in both size and intensity and I think it probably warrants its own thread.

Here's a link from earlier today which provides a starting point for those who might not be familiar with the situation (which is probably most people since it is getting virtually no attention from mainstream news corporations:

"Police from 5 states escalate violence -- shoot horses to clear 1851 treaty camp"

• Like 10

"“They were willing to use the threat of the horse against us, all the while screaming, ‘We’re peaceful protesters.’”

-----

A horse came out of a trailer.

Happens every day in many many areas.

Children work with horses all the time.

But armored vehicles, military gear, LRADs, automatic rifles, shotguns, stun guns, pepper spray - these are weapons.

All I mean is - I did see some videos of this activity.

Horses were not the dangerous things there on view.

- VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

But...

But...

But...

They had a horse!

And probably a concealed banana.

It would be theater of the absurd if it weren't so tragic and so real.

• Like 1

"It would be theater of the absurd if it weren't so tragic and so real."

-----

Seems like not so much all real - like the "threat" of the horse.

All media is really existing to influence opinions.

Tragedy and concern to be real - these are part of the "dramatic arts".

- VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

"It would be theater of the absurd if it weren't so tragic and so real."

-----

Seems like not so much all real - like the "threat" of the horse.

All media is really existing to influence opinions.

Tragedy and concern to be real - these are part of the "dramatic arts".

- VonKrankenhaus

Indeed, every narrative is intended to express a message and it sometimes takes data from lots of disparate sources for patterns to emerge from that fog. That's why I posted the MSN story as a juxtaposition to the earlier Sacred Stone Camp story.

Here's another to consider:

http://www.yesmagazine.org/people-power/why-the-assaults-on-standing-rock-require-police-from-seven-different-states-and-other-questions-20161031

• Like 2

My mind is consistently with them whenever I drink water.  The process engaged in by the company and the politicians is nauseating and is a clear example of why we must band together to protect ourselves and others from the outrageous and sickeningly evil greed of a nasty few...

I also heard today that a similar process is starting in Florida.  And much like ND, Gov. Scott has a personal stake in the company that he is helping with legislation to fast track the process...

When did conflict of interest become a no factor and a non foul in politics?

• Like 8

Yeah, I just saw that.  They got arrested for disorderly conduct for peacefully demonstrating their opposition.

Even my Anarchist mentality runs into road blocks on occasion.

Did you see where the Highway Patrol was firing rubber bullets at the peaceful demonstrators?

But two days ago Obama said he was going to look into it.  WTF has he been doing the last three months?

• Like 8

But two days ago Obama said he was going to look into it. WTF has he been doing the last three months?

I guess there is a tipping point where public opinion becomes so strong that something needs to be done, in other words it's about being popular and going with the wind of things rather than any kind of moral stance.

• Like 5

Oil pipelines are bad. BUT bottled water companies. THose are the worst.

ALSO the USA gives a ton of water to Nestle, who arnt even an American company. ... ... ..just so they can sell it back to us?

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 2

The silence of the mainstream media on this issue is really disturbing. It barely gets any coverage yet it's one of the biggest protest events in recent history.

Anyone who's aware of what's going on knows that we can no longer possibly believe any of the values our government espouses about democracy, freedom, respect, or even basic humanity.

• Like 7

The silence of the mainstream media on this issue is really disturbing. It barely gets any coverage yet it's one of the biggest protest events in recent history.

Anyone who's aware of what's going on knows that we can no longer possibly believe any of the values our government espouses about democracy, freedom, respect, or even basic humanity.

True that.  And it's sad, I think.  When the media stopped telling us the truth and started giving us opinions and even ignoring the truth was the day mind control in America started full-throttle.

And most politicians won't even tell the truth about "Standing Rock" if they say anything at all because it would mean less money in their pocket.  If you don't support the big boys you don't get any of their money.

• Like 3

That's what the Obama administration has given us.  Any means possible to destroy America.

A week ago he finally said he would look into it.  That was after it was going on for two months.  I guess he is too busy in the Middle East to pay any attention to what is happening in the USA.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 3

That's what the Obama administration has given us.  Any means possible to destroy America.

A week ago he finally said he would look into it.  That was after it was going on for two months.  I guess he is too busy in the Middle East to pay any attention to what is happening in the USA.

The W administration would have been no better, I think, and I suspect a Hillary presidency would have doubled-down. Time will tell about the Trump administration but American history alone shows populist/nationalist movements are generally not so good for the citizen, either.
  • Like 3

Yeah, I am only viewing history right now.  I can't see the future.  I don't like the present.  Trump seems to be offering change.  Of course, Obama promised that and you see what we got.  The gradual destruction of the USA.

Still one day short of two months before Trump takes office.

I sure hope construction is at least paused and the Law stops their violence against the protestors so that legal claims can be made.  All previous attempts have been ignored by the Justice system.

Hillary wouldn't mind killing more Americans - that was proven in Libya.

Yes, Trump would be philosophically pro-industry.  The question would then be, can he also be fair with the American people?

• Like 2

It's pretty shocking to watch, it's the kind of scenes you might expect to watch from a military dictatorship imposing itself on its people.

I guess it's a corporate dictatorship, wikileaks basically showed that the banks picked Obamas cabinet and would have picked Hillarys, so maybe Trump can make a little difference in some way to turn things in another direction.

• Like 3

last night in the sub freezing temperature of north dakota. the corporate goons drenched peaceful water protectors with water canons. stinger grenades and rubber bullets used too.

from my pov north dakota and north korea are the same place.

using water as a weapon against peaceful people who are trying to save water foreshadows the level of vile immoral sinister behavior we can expect in the future with our corporatocracy

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 5

from Red Warrior Camp

"SOPHIA WILANSKI was on the Frontlines last night at BlackWater Bridge, she was shot by the Riot Police with a concussion grenade. she is in a hospital in Minneapolis and her arm was amputated today. Morton County Sheriffs Dept and the National Guard who are working to protect a pipeline, a PIPELINE is responsible for this grievous bodily harm and must be held accountable! there are no words for what has happened."

i saw some images posted and i won't share, 

"The family has asked all to show respect, compassion, and not use their daughters image of pain as a means to invoke rage in the hearts of our people. Respect the families wishes, but remain informative and continue to fight."

• Like 2

from Red Warrior Camp

"SOPHIA WILANSKI was on the Frontlines last night at BlackWater Bridge, she was shot by the Riot Police with a concussion grenade. she is in a hospital in Minneapolis and her arm was amputated today. Morton County Sheriffs Dept and the National Guard who are working to protect a pipeline, a PIPELINE is responsible for this grievous bodily harm and must be held accountable! there are no words for what has happened."

i saw some images posted and i won't share,

"The family has asked all to show respect, compassion, and not use their daughters image of pain as a means to invoke rage in the hearts of our people. Respect the families wishes, but remain informative and continue to fight."

:(

I guess this is a list of Sanding Rock "need to knows"

An elder went into cardiac arrest because of this and a woman that was hit with a concussion grenade had to get her arm amputated today. It blew her hand apart. 

Some useful points for those that don't know. 

1. It's a public highway where the atrocities just happened. 
2. Its unceded treaty land from 1851
3. The police have no right to be there doing this in the name of the oil companies
4. DAPL doesn't have the Army Corps of Engineers permits and they're building anyway which is a federal offense. 
5. Dalyrmple has stock in the pipeline worth millions 
6. Protesting PEACEFULLY is a constitutional right (see first amendment) 
7. What we are witnessing are constitutional violations and human rights violations in the name of oil. 
8. The oil isn't even for this country. It's getting exported to China. 
9. It is only creating 14 permanent jobs. The rest are temporary. 
10. Pipelines always break. Nothing man made is infallable. The average is over 100 breaks per year
11. When this breaks, it will directly affect the water of millions. 
12. The fires were started by what the police were shooting at the protectors. The protectors put out the fires. 
13. The pipeline was originally planned to go through Bismarck North Dakota. It was rerouted through tribal lands because Bismarck was concerned about the risks to their water. 
14. No politicians are coming to stop this. Quit asking where Obama is. He knows and doesn't care. This is up to us. We the people....... 

Fascism and terrorism courtesy of our own government. 
I don't know about you, but I will not be looking into my children's eyes and apologizing because I didn't try to fight for them to have clean water. I won't be apologizing saying I let the corruption of this system win without a fight. 

#NoDapl
#MniWiconi

• Like 3