Sign in to follow this  
Upfromtheashes

Root Canal Removal

I am going in in a week to have a root canal tooth removed - The tooth has a very large abscess or infection -

I am curious if anyone here has had an increase in well being after having root canals taken out -

I also have a dilemna- I was prescribed penicillin to take for a week before the procedure -

I do not want to take it but am fearful not to-

I dont want to do more harm by taking the antibiotics but I am worried about the infection as I already have periods where I feel like I am on deaths door and I dont want to chance something happening

Thanks

Dude. YOU COULD DIE!! Take it. Bacteria can kill us mere mortals. My neighbor upstairs nearly died from an abscess because she didn't want to take the meds.

I think it is a good move to pull the tooth. I think root canals are bad news for the most part. Everyone in my family has had complications with them.

I skipped it and had my bad tooth pulled. Glad I did too.

I took pro-biotics along with and after the antibiotics. That greatly helps the digestion problems antibiotics produce.

There are a lot of things western medicine is good for. Infection is one of them. Don't fool around with that man.

I find keeping my gums and teeeth soaking in sea-salt brine for an hour a day works very well to kill all bacteria in my mouth-the taste is easy to get used to if ya use seasalt and not table salt...

good luck

I find keeping my gums and teeeth soaking in sea-salt brine for an hour a day works very well to kill all bacteria in my mouth-the taste is easy to get used to if ya use seasalt and not table salt...

good luck

Thanks to both for the replys

Wayfarer that is a long time -

Are you doing it for health benefits etc?

Thanks to both for the replys

Wayfarer that is a long time -

Are you doing it for health benefits etc?

I have a bad tooth -split by a hard seed several monhs ago-

no $ for dental pros to go for it-so I just keep my mouth very clean -

there is usually little pain now.

I have removed a few of my own bothersome teeth over the years- I work them loose and then pull 'em out a -shot of rum and a good long salt-soaking first -then I gives it time to heal with a liquid diet and more soaks-

not the best way to go -but it works..

I have a bad tooth -split by a hard seed several monhs ago-

no $ for dental pros to go for it-so I just keep my mouth very clean -

there is usually little pain now.

I have removed a few of my own bothersome teeth over the years- I work them loose and then pull 'em out a -shot of rum and a good long salt-soaking first -then I gives it time to heal with a liquid diet and more soaks-

not the best way to go -but it works..

Wow

Very intense

Rinsing with dilute (3% or so) hydrogen peroxide can also help.

I narrowly avoided root canal work a month or two ago via a painfully deep filling. But it may well await me in a few years. So I'd be very interested to hear how it all is for you.

Thanks,

Ian

Rinsing with dilute (3% or so) hydrogen peroxide can also help.

I narrowly avoided root canal work a month or two ago via a painfully deep filling. But it may well await me in a few years. So I'd be very interested to hear how it all is for you.

Thanks,

Ian

Thanks Ian - I forgot to mention that very good HP rinse that I also use...I don't think that the seasalt would mix well with the HP dilution-so I never tried it, but rinsed with h2o between the two... -it just seems a bad idea to me- Anyone ever do both at once?

Edited by Wayfarer64

Sign in to follow this