TheWhiteRabbit

Recent Racist Trolling and Trolling against fundamentalism and morals

In off topic quite recently it seems as though there has been an upsurge of posts that could be considered racism baiting.  This is beyond people's confirmation bias.

I also feel that this is an attack on fundamentalism and morals in recent posts that call it "authoritarian fundamentalism".  Really it is just an attack on morals. Now, I am not someone who makes or enforces the rules.  But, I am merely calling attention to this behaviour as it tends to reflect a deeper issue in people of not feeling that rules apply to them.  That can even be said of forum rules.  I do not believe that it is my part to control thought or be thought police on these issues.  As it is often implied by these groups of people, they feel that racism and fundamentalism go hand in hand. I assure you it does not.  If things should get out of hand and sway public sentiment on the board against people who hold morals, then I will be right which I hope i am not.  But I will let it go now.  I leave it in your very capable hands and will avoid these posts.  Thank you for all you do.  I do understand this job is not easy.  Thank you also for taking the time to read this.

• Like 8

I have no problem with what you said.  However, if these things are not talked about it could appear that there is no problem regarding fundamentalism and racism.  Both are negative aspects of the life of many.  Stereotyping people is always an error.

• Like 3

I'm against political correctness and pro-free speech ... but whatever way you look at it racism is pure shit.

I read this morning that a large number of Scottish people are descended from Taureg tribesmen ... so any idea of pure races and so on is just nonsense.

That's all I have to say at this time. :)

• Like 11

Race is an artificiality created by one group to protect it from another. On a basic level it's tribalism. Two villages a mile apart convincing themselves that they have the right to attack the other village and take what they have not earned. In today's world this now applies to a wider array of groups.

• Like 3

Hi TheWhiteRabbit,

I like your post but just to let you know, morals really get a bad press here at TDB, so be prepared for a bumpy stay..

Best qi,

Edited by smallsteps
  • Like 2

I have no problem with what you said.  However, if these things are not talked about it could appear that there is no problem regarding fundamentalism and racism.  Both are negative aspects of the life of many.  Stereotyping people is always an error.

There was just 27 pages of this crap in the antisemitism thread. In my mind that's enough , for now anyways. At this point it feels like we're giving racists a soapbox and that is not what the Tao Bums is about.

• Like 6

yeah, it was a wonderful display of if you dont agree with me you're racist

an here we only thought SJWs and Obamas used such tactics

• Like 1

yeah, it was a wonderful display of if you dont agree with me you're racist

an here we only thought SJWs and Obamas used such tactics

Why don't you and Sionnach stop beating around the bush and be explicit, because at this point you are trolling to stir up your anti- semetic agenda.

What exactly do you want done with Jews ? Let's see if you have any courage, or will you just shuffle back into your shell and say 'your just putting it out there for discussion ? That's as bad as those who jump on the SJW band waggon. If you don't want anything done, then please stop posting.

• Like 1

In off topic quite recently it seems as though there has been an upsurge of posts that could be considered racism baiting.  This is beyond people's confirmation bias.

I also feel that this is an attack on fundamentalism and morals in recent posts that call it "authoritarian fundamentalism".  Really it is just an attack on morals. Now, I am not someone who makes or enforces the rules.  But, I am merely calling attention to this behaviour as it tends to reflect a deeper issue in people of not feeling that rules apply to them.  That can even be said of forum rules.  I do not believe that it is my part to control thought or be thought police on these issues.  As it is often implied by these groups of people, they feel that racism and fundamentalism go hand in hand. I assure you it does not.  If things should get out of hand and sway public sentiment on the board against people who hold morals, then I will be right which I hope i am not.  But I will let it go now.  I leave it in your very capable hands and will avoid these posts.  Thank you for all you do.  I do understand this job is not easy.  Thank you also for taking the time to read this.

These types of topics are very hard to moderate. As a mod team we have gone back and forth in discussing the types of posts you are referring to.

For me personally, I find it most difficult because it is hard to tell where a person is coming from when they open topics about the Holocaust, racism and anti-semitism. Do they just want to have a discussion about it or are they spreading propaganda to drive some movement?

The biggest question for me is why here, on thedaobums? There are plenty of other places on the WWW that these conversations can be had than on a Taoist forum that offers a place for discussion of other systems of spiritual practices. It just seems out of place and not what this forum was meant for, but alas, it is here and must be dealt with within the parameters we are given based on the ToS and founding principles. It is a process that we, as a team, are taking very seriously.

• Like 9

I assume most have an interest in Taoism with additional. Taoists talking politics, history etc everyday things

Taoism traditionally anti-establishment (questioning/ searching/ seeing for oneself), counterculture, anarchistic?

I would say I share these values, others here seem

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 4

I assume most have an interest in Taoism with additional. Taoists talking politics, history etc everyday things

Taoism traditionally anti-establishment (questioning), counterculture, anarchistic?

I would say I embody these values, others here seem near shills for the establishment, regurgitates, anti-nature

It is more about a pattern of posting about the same topic or message in thread after thread, wherever the opportunity arises, that makes it look like something other than a Taoist engaging in discussions about history, politics and everyday things, etc.

• Like 2

Taoism traditionally anti-establishment (questioning at the least), counterculture, anarchistic?

I would say I embody these values, others here seem near shills for the establishment, regurgitates, anti-nature

Do those same Taoist believe in throwing their beliefs in others face, causing disharmony and upsetting others?

I don't really think that is what Taosim teaches even the anti-establishment type.

• Like 3

Many are exchanging beliefs, who is certain what is what? Your feelings are your own business, you appear to be a grown man? I shouldn't assume these things today though, you may be one of the 40+ non-binary genders.

A list for people unsure, http://nonbinary.org/wiki/List_of_nonbinary_identities

http://nypost.com/2016/05/19/city-issues-new-guidelines-on-transgender-pronouns/

Tyranny of feelings.

“The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth.” ― Lao Tzu

Edited by Sionnach

Karl initiated those threads?

Some responded *shrugs*

History seems one-sided, some history is illegal to question in some countries, making it highly questionable. That of itself draws the attention of the curious, truth does not fear investigation.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

Many are exchanging beliefs, who is certain what is what? Your feelings are your own business, you appear to be a grown man? I shouldn't assume these things today though, you may be one of the 40+ non-binary genders.

A list for people unsure, http://nonbinary.org/wiki/List_of_nonbinary_identities

http://nypost.com/2016/05/19/city-issues-new-guidelines-on-transgender-pronouns/

Tyranny of feelings.

“The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth.” ― Lao Tzu

The so called beliefs that are exchanged are generally veiled racist and anti-Semitic speech which are inflammatory as seen in the threads in question.

• Like 2

Sionnach,

A lesson for you..

CHAPTER 37

The Dao never acts,

it nourishes the Ten Thousand Things and then all is left at one.

Man always upsets this balance,

for he constantly interferes.

So the Ten Thousand Things must struggle against him.

If they were left and man took his natural role in the World, there would be no struggle and

everything would rise and fall naturally.

It is because man desires to act and change things,

that he creates imbalance within himself and all around him.

If he lacked desire, then all would be well.

Everything would enjoy simplicity and peace.

In enjoying simplicity and peace, Man would be full; for then, is there any reason to act and

change things?

What are you accusing me of? and give examples

I am not making any accusations, I am simply stating how observing the patterns in which you post about anti-semitism can be construed as something other than discussions by members of the board. You chose to pick up the topic up again after the original thread was locked and asked to remain locked by the OP. It appears, through observation and consensus of reports filed against your posts that there is some agenda on your part to spread a message of anti-semitism across the forum. Whether this it absolute truth or not is only known by you, and the burden is upon you to dispel any conceived notions about your motives and or agenda for pushing the discussion.

Some responded *shrugs*

History seems one-sided, some history is illegal to question in some countries, making it highly questionable. That of itself draws the attention of the curious, truth does not fear investigation.

Your above edit is noted.

• Like 3

Sionnach,

A lesson for you..

CHAPTER 37

The Dao never acts,

it nourishes the Ten Thousand Things and then all is left at one.

Man always upsets this balance,

for he constantly interferes.

So the Ten Thousand Things must struggle against him.

If they were left and man took his natural role in the World, there would be no struggle and

everything would rise and fall naturally.

It is because man desires to act and change things,

that he creates imbalance within himself and all around him.

If he lacked desire, then all would be well.

Everything would enjoy simplicity and peace.

In enjoying simplicity and peace, Man would be full; for then, is there any reason to act and

change things?

Why do you comment then?

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

Some responded *shrugs*

It's an enormous can of worms that historians have been throwing themselves at for 100 years. Finding truth in one tiny detail in a painting doesn't reveal anything about the picture.

Churchill made it clear "I fear history will judge me badly which is why I will write it"

Both wars were unnecessary, the Bolshevik revolutions were unnecessary, the Maoist revolutions were unnecessary. In the vast scale of murder and misery you want to bung the sins of the world on the Jews, beginning with disproving the holocaust appearing exactly as historians recorded it. When you start unraveling everything to find the truth, what exactly do you think you will discover ? Is it that Israel shouldn't have been created, or that much of Germany including the military were not anti-semetic. That lies were added on top of lies until the pile is hundreds of layers deep-so much so that the protagonists now believe their own lies.

Nothing is quite what it seems in war. Don't you know that truth is its first casualty ? It's not an arbitary saying, it's that war deposed reason for the initiation of force.

Why do you comment then?

My posts have been about harmony, not attacking others which is in line with the Dao.

CHAPTER 71

In lacking knowledge and desire, one can obtain a simple and honest heart.

The Sage is sick of dishonesty and desire, so he obtains a good and simple heart.

In lacking knowledge, I mean turn away from advancement, and obtain the knowledge of

the ways of nature.

Living in harmony with nature, one doesn't need too much knowledge. But there will always

be the intellectuals who will think they know.

Simply be at one.

• Like 1

It's an enormous can of worms that historians have been throwing themselves at for 100 years. Finding truth in one tiny detail in a painting doesn't reveal anything about the picture.

Churchill made it clear "I fear history will judge me badly which is why I will write it"

Both wars were unnecessary, the Bolshevik revolutions were unnecessary, the Maoist revolutions were unnecessary. In the vast scale of murder and misery you want to bung the sins of the world on the Jews, beginning with disproving the holocaust appearing exactly as historians recorded it. When you start unraveling everything to find the truth, what exactly do you think you will discover ? Is it that Israel shouldn't have been created, or that much of Germany including the military were not anti-semetic. That lies were added on top of lies until the pile is hundreds of layers deep-so much so that the protagonists now believe their own lies.

Nothing is quite what it seems in war. Don't you know that truth is its first casualty ? It's not an arbitary saying, it's that war deposed reason for the initiation of force.

I've said nothing of the HC, nothing of WW2 either?

I recall something about WW1 and the Balfour Declaration. I said genetics show they've origins in Saudi Arabia/ near Israel and they should make that a homeland and make peace with their neighbors, who they share common ancestors with. 

I mentioned Jewish involvement in the Bolshevik government and the mass murder of Russians, is it anti-Semitic to say that? Forbidden mentioning history?

What if someone forbid you to mention the HC because it's anti-German?

1984: Memory Hole A small chute in the wall used to carry documents to a large incinerator, in order to censor information and or remnants of the past.

Many no problem discussing Germans, Arabs, Islam etc

You (and others) keep accusing me of the same things with no evidence,

I am happy to move on.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

I've said nothing of the HC, nothing of WW2 either?

I recall something about WW1 and the Balfour Declaration. I said genetics show they've origins in Saudi Arabia/ near Israel and they should make that a homeland and make peace with their neighbors, who they share common ancestors with.

I mentioned Jewish involvement in the Bolshevik government and the mass murder of Russians, is it anti-Semitic to say that? Forbidden mentioning history?

What if someone forbid you to mention the HC because it's anti-German?

1984: Memory Hole A small chute in the wall used to carry documents to a large incinerator, in order to censor information and or remnants of the past. Definition: "He tried to remember in what year he had first heard the mention of Big Brother.

Many no problem discussing Germans, Arabs, Islam etc

You (and others) keep accusing me of the same things with no evidence,

I am happy to move on.

If you cast your mind back, I petitioned to specifically open up the debate you began regarding the Jewish involvement in the Bolshevic revolution. It must be said that Jews aren't Angels, but neither are any other groups that are playing in the political power stakes. None of that is new, we covered it.

Is it your intention to continually mention the Jewish involvement in that revolution, to single out that one group in every post ?

You have still managed to avoid my challenge to you. What is it you want to achieve ?