Drifting_Through_Infinity

Is it immoral to tell people who they are?

Like if we see someone who is just a grim sad bozo who feels helpless, can we tell them who they  are or is that immoral?

I don't mean what some of you less evolved might have meant after reading that sentence. Is it wrong to tell people who are sighing and rubbing their chins against their desk that they are pure light?

• Like 1

Might be a little arrogant, especially if you don't know the person well.  We see only a certain side of a person.  Not much more then a photograph, only a tiny slice of who they are.  Too often labeling them is premature at best, a projection at worst. 

• Like 4

Like if we see someone who is just a grim sad bozo who feels helpless, can we tell them who they are or is that immoral?

I don't mean what some of you less evolved might have meant after reading that sentence. Is it wrong to tell people who are sighing and rubbing their chins against their desk that they are pure light?

Less evolved than who?

Never mind -- that's not the real question. The real question is, what makes you think you know who others really are and when it is appropriate to insert yourself into a stranger's life?

Seems rather presumptuous and egocentric to me.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 5

everyday i go around looking for grim bozos to tell them that they're pure light. Until one of them called me a grim bozo. There I was fronting my light but in the end I was just a miserable bozo

Edited by munky
  • Like 5

Personally, every negative thing I see in anyone else is always a reflection of my own character flaw. But then, I see sad bozos everywhere.

• Like 4

Is it wrong to tell people who are sighing and rubbing their chins against their desk that they are pure light?

Telling people they are pure light, no matter how well-intentioned the teller, can strike people the wrong way.  Here`s a suggestion: rather than tell people they are pure light, treat them that way.

• Like 9

A warm smile with a kind hello is a great way to lift the spirit of another who might be suffering. 

• Like 7

if one's being was pure enough such a speculative thought would not arise about people that came into contact with them, for those people would then tend to see themselves truthfully before the irresistible purity and light of such a being, namely their karma's and also their incorruptible spirit that can be free of karma's... Jai Satguru

• Like 1

Telling people they are pure light, no matter how well-intentioned the teller, can strike people the wrong way. Here`s a suggestion: rather than tell people they are pure light, treat them that way.

+1

Why not also tell them they're pure love and love them too?

• Like 1

Why not just go ahead and do what you feel is best?  Then see what happens.  

Dont be a chickenshit.  Step up to the plate.  Hit that homerun - be a hero!

Like if we see someone who is just a grim sad bozo who feels helpless, can we tell them who they  are or is that immoral?

It entirely depends on the exact nature of the circumstances imo.

The specifics of the situation matter.

Your conscience will tell you if you should share your understanding, if you are willing to listen to it.

• Like 1

... what do you mean dude>????

.. how can you say who a person is?  

...can you actually see this "pure light" - you are referring to?

...whats the point of you telling this to someone? 

... what do you mean dude>????

.. how can you say who a person is?  

...can you actually see this "pure light" - you are referring to?

...whats the point of you telling this to someone? 

To brighten up their day. 

I'm past that now