Sign in to follow this  
roger

unhealthy ways of dealing with anger

This is something I've learned from my own experience.

Attack, vengeance, and mistreating others are obviously not loving or healthy ways of dealing with anger, nor are they self-loving.

Other unhealthy ways of dealing with anger are using drugs, drinking too much, being promiscuous, secluding yourself from society......I'm sure you can think of many more.

The problem is that if a person is dealing with their anger in unhealthy ways, it won't go away. They won't solve the problem of anger, they'll just be creating new problems and will still have the original problem.

I've found that the very good news is that you don't need a HEALTHY way of dealing with anger. Just be angry. You'll let it go naturally if you don't deal with it in unhealthy ways.

You'll also get better with time at letting it go, as long as you don't revert to unhealthy ways of handling it.

• Like 3

Anger is caused by fear and fear is caused by the loss of some value. The problem is sorting irrational from rational anger. Maintaining irrational anger is not a good idea. It is unhealthy, impractical and can lead to greater complications that create even more anger.

Sign in to follow this