Sign in to follow this  
Kubba

Kriyas in meditation

It can interest you. What happends when we meditate with some teachers. Have you had any experiences like that?

Edited by Kubba
  • Like 3

Ime,this movements are initially triggered by some internal tension, but they naturally have very little amplitude like those of the fingers of the hand when they bend slightly.

Then, the conscious mind takes over immediately and two options appear, the right one being intensify detachment and relax more that body part to stop the movement...

...but generally, people are amazed by the fact that finally something does happen during these super-boring session of sitting still, and they go with the movement, thus accentuating the bodily tensions which caused the movement in the first place.

Sometimes, the "kriya" takes the form of intense shacking and the principle is the same.

It's not harmful if you go with the movements, but ime it's useless.

That's just my opinion

Edited by Cheshire Cat

If you cultivate intensely, these things become as common as the salt and pepper.

Good to know.

Ime,this movements are initially triggered by some internal tension, but they naturally have very little amplitude like those of the fingers of the hand when they bend slightly.

Then, the conscious mind takes over immediately and two options appear, the right one being intensify detachment and relax more that body part to stop the movement...

...but generally, people are amazed by the fact that finally something does happen during these super-boring session of sitting still, and they go with the movement, thus accentuating the bodily tensions which caused the movement in the first place.

Sometimes, the "kriya" takes the form of intense shacking and the principle is the same.

It's not harmful if you go with the movements, but ime it's useless.

That's just my opinion

I'm curious why it is that there is as many teachers that say Kriyas are important and others who say it is useless - the second ones usually come from vedanta.

I'm curious why it is that there is as many teachers that say Kriyas are important and others who say it is useless - the second ones usually come from vedanta.

similar to too much pressure in an air hose

so is one upgrading the bandwidth, or not?

• Like 1

I think both are right.Dont focus on them but if they are there its also fine :)

Why do you think so?

• Like 1

I think the key is to not get atached to them.In my personal practice i made the observation that they have a purpose, but if you get atached you will maybe hold them for too long.The focus should be on letting go but i think if they arise and you forcefully do thomething against it you will do harm to yourself.

I think the key is to not get atached to them.In my personal practice i made the observation that they have a purpose, but if you get atached you will maybe hold them for too long.The focus should be on letting go but i think if they arise and you forcefully do thomething against it you will do harm to yourself.

What is their purpose then?

Thanks, Kubba.. For the link.  Very interesting.

I have experienced involuntary micro-movements in fingers, toes and at times neck muscles,  all happening while sitting in meditation.  This actually relaxes the body even more with tension melting away.  I would think if I nurture these movements (of course, in a watcher mode and not actively doing it), bigger movements come spontaneously.

I will ask my teacher and let you know about this.

Kubba: refinement and directing of energies so they can get integrated in the neutral state.also to focus energy in different parts to free blockades (Just my observation) its far more complex but i am a fan of simplicity.

I think that they are more common in the beginning of a powerful practice, where pressure + blockages = motion.

But later on, pressure through clear channels = stillness.

3228989_orig.jpg?250

• Like 2

Gendao: Yes for me its also like that but more in cycles.And i think there is a difference of those that are like shaking bodyparts and the ones where you go into different body and hand positions.Its like a cycle of motions and stillness..i can definetly stay that stillness gets deeper after those movements. :)

I found another video where he talks that these movements can last until your very last days on Earth. As an example there comes Ramana Maharishi and Anandamayi Ma who were constantly in the movement of kriyas.

11:40 (examples of Saints)

Yes but i can speak only about personal observations.I am into spontaneous movements for maybe 5 years now.So its interesting how he speaks about others and i liked very much how he speaks about it..going crazy with it...

Yes but i can speak only about personal observations.I am into spontaneous movements for maybe 5 years now.So its interesting how he speaks about others and i liked very much how he speaks about it..going crazy with it...

How does it started?

With a teacher or on its own?

better to focus on root rather than twig and branch.  be mindful of what you are actually cultivating, where are you going, what's it getting you?  if good feelings is all you're shooting for, that's aiming a little low, imho.

• Like 1

Joeblast: I absolutely have the same opinion but i dont know what you mean with good feelings going through such things can be very hard and painful.But not focusing on it is a very important point in my opinion.

Sign in to follow this