Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

ChosunNinja mocks Masters of Kali / Escrima .

A long time ago a roommate of mine introduced me to eskrima. In less than 20 seconds (not kidding) he bruised more than my ego. It is fortunate indeed that my philippino colleagues and friends are very gentle and friendly people.

• Like 1

After so many years of martial arts training, one thing I learned: never judge someone by the way it looks.

So whatever Chosun Ninja shows and looks like BS, I wouldn't compare him with those guys with "real skills".

Real skills you see at Doug Brothers, and by any means the way a real fight looks is nothing near those "wrist exercises".

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 1

yeah ....  with a few arts under your belt and a bit of  'kumbana'    (combinations of the various arts techniques )  one eventually realizes there is 'one art'  ... that changes a bit depending on weapons used. 

I have seen some winning moves in medieval battle  that looked like they came from Aikido   -  we all got two arms and legs ... and the rest, the same .... they move in the same manner for most of us . 

Guys at training often dont get things ,  the wrist isnt held right  (as  shown above )  , movement is wrong , etc ....   one guy gets it, but he has good background in tai chi - good  flowing movement  and co-ordinated body power .   Woman that comes from kendo back ground seems flummoxed "How can I remember to do all those things at once  ?  " 

yeah, I seen that one before.   It makes good points .  Especially about training partners

One must differentiate between 'art'  ( and practice and especially that beast ;  'demo'   ;)  )  and real situation.

I do this :    demo on art of knife defense .... everyone  ;  " Ohhh ... ahhhh ... wow ! " 

me :  " okay thats enough, lets get real ;   Jay ,  take the tanto and come at me .  "

He does ; I run out the open gym back doors,      :) 

Again ; now J is between me and the doors, he moves towards me I retreat ... up against the weapons rack ... I grab a sword . 

Again; he tries to cut me off from both exists and drive me to the side, I keep away and he forces me towards rows of plastic chairs ... possibly a good move .... except I pick one up and motion to throw it at him  ... I have another 30 chairs there  ....    ;)  

Sign in to follow this