J0urn3y

Path Notes of an american ninja master

Hi guys! I've been reading glen morris's book and I just wanted to check with you the accuracy of what he says, ask for some book recommendation (similar things, energy development, etc).

Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

Thanks! Can you recommend some similar books? Also, what is the name of the rest of the books in the series? He mentionsthe second and third books but doesnt name them.

In truth the only way to learn about these things is by practicing internal work, developing sensate knowledge over the intellectual (monkey mind is not real mind). Best of luck, list of books below.  ;)

Additionally, doing the secret smile, cycling the 5 emotional states everyday for 1 hr for 100 days will likely trigger kundalini. Cheers.  :)

http://www.kundaliniawakeningprocess.com/blog/books-by-the-late-great-dr-glenn-j-morris-phd-scd/

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot. If you happen to see this though and have time to answer(if you don't thats okay): what do you mean by sensate knowledge over the intellectual? And do you think I need the course from the website or are the books enough?

Edited by J0urn3y

Hello J0urn3y.

Years ago I saw "Path Notes of an American Ninja Master" on the book shelf in Borders and decided to look at it because I thought it would be ridiculous and funny. It turned to be extremely interesting. I bought it and later attended one of his KAP workshops about a year before he died. He was a truly remarkable person who possessed a very wide range of knowledge on many subjects and was able to effectively compare, contrast, synthesize and draw conclusions. He had a good sense of humor too. The KAP course is still offered by 2 of his senior students in Florida (Santiago Dobles and Tao Semko) and is offered online and sometimes in person. They teach everything that Dr. Morris did and more, and are very good teachers.

Dr. Morris's other books are "Shadow Strategies of an American Ninja Master" and "Martial Arts Madness." There was also one published posthumously called "Quantum Crawfish Bisque for the Clueless Soul." There are also some people in Canada that sell his meditation CDs: www.meditation-mastery.net.

Each of his first three books have a detailed additional reading section where he recommends and comments on books on related topics. Those might be a good place for you to start.

• Like 2

I'm reading path notes, will probably read the other two if I can get my hands on them. I was reading the website and thought about doing a course but then I saw the prices and.... yeah. If they had a workshop where I live (Portugal) I would immediatly go. Is it possible to practice with the books only or should I try to take the classes?

Hello J0urn3y,

The kundalini awakening is the most serious and risky thing you can try in your lifetime. Are you sure you want to try it?

My advice to you is that you spend a lot of years, and I mean that, gathering information on the subject and talking to experienced people before you even consider it.

There are lots of safe and interesting practices out there energy wise...

In all seriousness, I am fully commited to doing this (this being energy work and self development). I have accepted the risks and possibilities. I do not strive for mediocrity. Its either be great or die trying. Id rather die than be mediocre. So yes I am sure.

I understand your position perfectly, anything is better than living a life of mediocrity, but again the point here is to arrive safely and wisely and not trying some kamikaze strategies that will give you kamikaze results. 

• Like 1

Yeah, but I feel I have wasted enough time and should start somewhere and this seems as good a place as any. Any other recommendation?

Edited by J0urn3y

Sure, start by reading Gopi Krishna "Kundalini":The book that started it all. Also, check out the kundalini help forums online. Many, many experienced people there helping people completely lost in the process.

I will definetly check it out. Do you have any recommendations for energy developement other than kundalini? I was trying to avoid saying it, because of the amount of bad rap it gets around here because of the people discussing it but mo pai seems to develop energy quite well. Do you know any other systems which are similar? In the purpose/effect. Thank you

(Pleaee please please don't beat me up for mentioning mo pai (; )

My view on kundalini is that it is a natural process related with spiritual growht. Spiritual growht can't be forced...

Still today I'm trying to find a practice that is balanced and safe. Never had any problems in feeling energy with intensity but the point is to control it safely, right? So if your plan is to "step on the tiger's tail" at least you should know what to do afterwards... and you better know how to run and where to run.

Not going to beat you up over mo pai. Know very few about mo pai but don't doubt at all that they deliver results... Again what I wrote above.

Gopi krishna, an experienced yogi, awakened the kundalini and was left by himself to deal with the consequences. He wrote something like: " There I was in India, an experienced yogi in the craddle of yoga, and no one really knew how to help me. So, people talk a lot about kundalini and that's basically it... talk.

On the other hand, there are many people that completed the process and don't even mentioned it, at least openly. Read them please. All the known enlightned masters... Buddha, Jesus, Lao-tzu and so on. That I would advise you as being the best practice.  :)

You can read a book on how to play basketball.....but you don't really understand how to play until you get out on the court and start practicing and experiencing it for yourself. That's what i meant about "Sensate" experience versus intellectual or "book" knowledge. Get your hands in the dirt and start practicing. 

There are a dozen different things you can do to start preparing your body for "K", the main things i'd recommend is: 

1. Hatha Yoga, make sure your body is flexible and free of unnecessary tension. Energy doesn't flow well through a tense body. 

2. Practice Qigong daily. You need to start clearing out your channels so that the energy will have less garbage to "blast' through. 

-There's much much more that can be said, but that's some of the basics. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 3

You can read a book on how to play basketball.....but you don't really understand how to play until you get out on the court and start practicing and experiencing it for yourself. That's what i meant about "Sensate" experience versus intellectual or "book" knowledge. Get your hands in the dirt and start practicing.

There are a dozen different things you can do to start preparing your body for "K", the main things i'd recommend is:

1. Hatha Yoga, make sure your body is flexible and free of unnecessary tension. Energy doesn't flow well through a tense body.

2. Practice Qigong daily. You need to start clearing out your channels so that the energy will have less garbage to "blast through.

-There's much much more that can be said, but that's some of the basics.

Basically Hatha Yoga Asanas and Pranayama are needed.

I will definetly start ASAP on the basics. I also had an idea. Since kundalini is yang, couldn't you use part of its energy to fill the LDT? Or something similar. And if it were possible, would it weaken the rest of the kundalini?

I will definetly start ASAP on the basics. I also had an idea. Since kundalini is yang, couldn't you use part of its energy to fill the LDT? Or something similar. And if it were possible, would it weaken the rest of the kundalini?

Don't worry about that kind of bullshit. Just practice....what your saying makes no sense. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 1

Ok. I was asking cause a lot of practices seem to start with filling up the dan tian and then moving the energy to wherever suits their purpose. But yeah, I will start practicing with the material from path notes and then do some pranayama as well. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks! Also, have you ever done Da Mo's cave exercise? Its in path notes. If you have, I would love to hear your experiences as that one seems awesome!

Cheers.

Hi journ3y!

From my experience with an full blown kundalini awakening and that of others i have spoken with that is not some escape because you believe your life is not exciting enough. A full blown awakening means you will have to die over and over again as everything that is held dear by you is being teared away. Meaning loosing friends, job, relocate to another area etc.

If it is not full blown it can be manageable though.

Most important thing in my view is being able to fully feel emotions as the kundalini will bring the suppressed stuff to the surface for clearing. Meaning being able to fully feel intense fear, anger and grief, shame, inner conflict etc.

My advice would be to do "the presence process" from Michael Brown at least a few times to develope the capacity to fully feel and not get stuck in the stories that these intense emotions produce. In that way you would have a safety net if some really uncomfortable stuff comes to the surface.

All the best to you on your way!

Michael

• Like 3

Michael - I have accepted that my life might change and all risks associated with the process. I do not view it as an escape I view it as the way forward. I will check that out, Thanks for the advice!

OldWolf - Thanks for all the help! I will definetly start to practice and as much as possible (without burning out of course (; ).

Thanks everyone! You are what makes this forum so great! May your resolve be unyielding in your quest, whatever may it be.

• Like 2