This kind of post probably belongs more in Off Topic or a PPD then in General Discussion. 

It'd be frightening and perhaps irrational to believe Sun's articles on the coming WWIII.  To get evidence of it like, Turkey shooting down a Soviet Jet and not not realize that Turkey apologized (months ago) and the relationship has warmed since.  Or to believe that Syria was so important that it would start WWIII (minor proxie wars yes, destruction of your entire country, no).  It isn't.   These days war, especially in the Middle East seems to operate in simmer mode.  

There's increased tension but there's also a mountain of trade and mutual interests between nations.   Despite huge reductions in the number of nuclear weapons, Mutual Assured Destruction that kept the world precarious but safe for decades still stands.  In my opinion East West tensions are heating up but still far from the cold war days.  I expect once the U.S elections end next month so will some of the tension. 

If you believe the articles, WWIII is nigh.  What are you going to do about it?  Head to places in the article?   In truth if you want to believe the world is going to end, the internet will always be there to provide proof that you're right, day after day, month after month, decade after decade. 

• Like 3

When the mathematical ponzi is nearing its limits before springs really start flying out of the contraption, best start up a war to distract the plebes from the financial fkery...Russia believes we're headed there if Hillary succeeds in committing enough voter & electoral fraud to "win" the sElection.

• Like 2

Is this a new thought?   Time is running out.  Or is is old and repeating.  In 2012, with Obama's election did you think things will be better now?  Or in 2008, fantastic, he'll save the auto industry and stop the hemorrhaging of 100,000's of jobs a month?  Under Bush II were you optimistic that things were fine, no chance of a terrible war? 

When did your thinking turn toward the coming war?  In 1999, before that?  How long you been concerned about it, thinking soon, soon, this year or next year? 

• Like 2

Things grow and change, depending on the actors on the stage, what their lines are, and how they deliver them.  In 2012, I did not expect Obama to make anything better, in fact I knew the opposite, that we'd be enacting unconstitutional legislation, seeing a further erosion of the dollar, civil liberties, and global stability.  In 2012 I was fairly sure that ISIS was not organic - in 2016, one has to actively ignore information NOT to know that ISIS camee directly from the ciamossad.

When Bush got into office it was still before I began my examination.  It took realizing that there was no way in hell the 911 commission report was factual - that jesus fucking christ, my government has vehemently supported a provably false argument, tons of circumstantial evidence points to them directly doing it, attacked anyone that has questioned it, destroyed the evidence that would have allowed for a real investigation...

Hm, follow the money....oh, holy shit, our money is fake, worthless, and rented out at interest by a bunch of globalists that are intent on debt enslaving the whole world...

Its a deep rabbit hole, Alice.  So at this point, they are simply displaying less and less rational behavior, so no, I wouldnt put it past the globalists to try and get their Georgia Guidestone number.

• Like 1

Things grow and change, depending on the actors on the stage, what their lines are, and how they deliver them.  In 2012, I did not expect Obama to make anything better, in fact I knew the opposite, that we'd be enacting unconstitutional legislation, seeing a further erosion of the dollar, civil liberties, and global stability.  In 2012 I was fairly sure that ISIS was not organic - in 2016, one has to actively ignore information NOT to know that ISIS camee directly from the ciamossad.

When Bush got into office it was still before I began my examination.  It took realizing that there was no way in hell the 911 commission report was factual - that jesus fucking christ, my government has vehemently supported a provably false argument, tons of circumstantial evidence points to them directly doing it, attacked anyone that has questioned it, destroyed the evidence that would have allowed for a real investigation...

Hm, follow the money....oh, holy shit, our money is fake, worthless, and rented out at interest by a bunch of globalists that are intent on debt enslaving the whole world...

Its a deep rabbit hole, Alice.  So at this point, they are simply displaying less and less rational behavior, so no, I wouldnt put it past the globalists to try and get their Georgia Guidestone number.

I could see how someone who holds conspiracy sites in high regards and disregards actual experts could come to those decisions.    The rabbit hole, Alice and Wonderland, the Matrix.. both were made up, not real.  

I can help with some of your conclusions.  You say, money is fake, I'll take it.   No problem.   Send it me, all your fake money.   I'll give you a post paid envelope, just stick it in.  Cause I live in the real world, its not fake, its money and it worth something.  In truth the dollar has remained relatively strong the past 8 years and inflation quite low.  The debt is worrying but the more important of debt to GDP has been trending down, ie high debt but we're making more, kind of like a family owing alot but lately getting good raises.  Not out of the woods but not red lining either. 

My world is a bit more complicated then your simplistic one.   No simple villains controlling everything, instead hundred of competing interests that pull the world in different directions.   If you move away from conspiracy sites and take the time to learn about the who's, why's and motivations of the parties beyond the paranoid left and right you can actually get to the truth.

You are so far down your 'rabbit hole' that you'll never recover.  Every few months will bring the impending disaster coming soon.  Like sequels it won't be enough to vilify, to keep readers they'll have to keep upping the ante, til they're not just crooks or illuminatti, now they'll have to be Demons.  Seriously I think Breitbart is now selling the gullibles that Clinton is literally a demon.  That's step in step with David Icke whose already painted most in power as Greys, evil aliens.  Even finding his once faithful wife, an alien cause that's how it works. 

I didn't want this thread to become yet another one to espouse favorite conspiracy theories, rather I was hoping to look at the psychology brought on by conspiracy sites.  Ie the constant fear factor that they create.  That like James Bond you have people living in constant fear.  How every few months or sooner these sites create coming Crash, end of the world articles, that panic there followers and make money for there advertisers.

Since 2001, how many times have you read the world is ending, the black helicopters are coming, the economy is crashing?  At some point, after 12- 5 years, you're still as certain as ever?

I could see how someone who holds conspiracy sites in high regards and disregards actual experts could come to those decisions.    The rabbit hole, Alice and Wonderland, the Matrix.. both were made up, not real.  

I can help with some of your conclusions.  You say, money is fake, I'll take it.   No problem.   Send it me, all your fake money.   I'll give you a post paid envelope, just stick it in.  Cause I live in the real world, its not fake, its money and it worth something.  In truth the dollar has remained relatively strong the past 8 years and inflation quite low.  The debt is worrying but the more important of debt to GDP has been trending down, ie high debt but we're making more, kind of like a family owing alot but lately getting good raises.  Not out of the woods but not red lining either. 

My world is a bit more complicated then your simplistic one.   No simple villains controlling everything, instead hundred of competing interests that pull the world in different directions.   If you move away from conspiracy sites and take the time to learn about the who's, why's and motivations of the parties beyond the paranoid left and right you can actually get to the truth.

You are so far down your 'rabbit hole' that you'll never recover.  Every few months will bring the impending disaster coming soon.  Like sequels it won't be enough to vilify, to keep readers they'll have to keep upping the ante, til they're not just crooks or illuminatti, now they'll have to be Demons.  Seriously I think Breitbart is now selling the gullibles that Clinton is literally a demon.  That's step in step with David Icke whose already painted most in power as Greys, evil aliens.  Even finding his once faithful wife, an alien cause that's how it works. 

I didn't want this thread to become yet another one to espouse favorite conspiracy theories, rather I was hoping to look at the psychology brought on by conspiracy sites.  Ie the constant fear factor that they create.  That like James Bond you have people living in constant fear.  How every few months or sooner these sites create coming Crash, end of the world articles, that panic there followers and make money for there advertisers.

Since 2001, how many times have you read the world is ending, the black helicopters are coming, the economy is crashing?  At some point, after 12- 5 years, you're still as certain as ever?

Your points all too often rely on misinterpreting mine, as I've just read once again here.  Oversimplify, overcompress, distort, and then mock what you re-mold them into.  You're getting to be as bad as Karl and ralis in some aspects.

But, that's as your apparent news sources do, so monkey see monkey do, so now I have to type all kinds of crap out correcting all the ways in which you're misinterpreting what I've written?  Its so cookie cutter its just idiotic.

*hand*  aint in the mood for that right now. 

• Like 2

The potential of WW3 is not a delusion of the conspiracy nuts, all the credible and non-credible western newspapers have articles discussing this exact subject, and all agree relations between Russia and the West have never been worse. We have troops massing on the Russian border, Biden wanting to send Russia a message with a cyber attack, an order for Russian workers to return to the motherland, 40 million Russians engaging in drills and we have Russian warships sailing down the English channel in a days time. People seem to dismiss Syria as not important enough to trigger WW3, I disagree, it's a strategic country for energy pipelines and it's close proximity to Isreal make it a tinderbox. If Isreal's and Russia's military clash in that area then it will easily drag the UK, US, and other Middle East country into a conflict.

• Like 3

“So far, so good!” (Empire State Building jumper joke)

A joke is told about the “optimist” who fell or jumped off New York City’s Empire State Building. As he was falling many floors, someone asked, “How’s it going?” He responded: 

“So far, so good!”

Perhaps WWIII is already in progress, it's simply that it's in the early phases. It's not official yet.

In fact, it's possible that one reason it's not more obvious is because rather than like in the past, having two of the most powerful countries fighting each other, is complicated hugely by the fact that we're fighting each other {A} indirectly, and {B} sometimes we are on the same side and sometime we SAY we are on the same side but aren't, and {C} there's more than two big enough to be Really Scary now, and it's freaking ridiculous trying to figure out WTH is actually going on.

Here's a flowchart someone tried on sorting Syria's mess -- of course there are many versions of this, and now multiply this over the middle east at large. It's so complex we'll probably be late to our own war because we'll miss the memo in all the chaos.

h8j3Frv.jpg

RC

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 2

where's the green and blue lines coming from the usa to ISIS?

(and where's the green line going from hillary clinton to ISIS?  and oops, benghazi, make that green and blue for hillary too)

• Like 2

Well yeah, and where's Putin did I miss it. But that's the point really; even THAT is not at all complex enough and that's one country at one point in time.

How will anybody know that all the major countries are at war together? Russia and the USA can be at war in 42 places around the globe, but because we haven't officially declared it on each other, it doesn't exist.

RC

• Like 2

Okay.. so you guys are true believers.  WWIII any time now.  Like a man falling from a building about to hit, like an old villager about to turn on a light switch.  Uh huh.

If I may ask.. if.. if you believe, what are you doing about it.  Nothing??  Are you pretty much doing nothing.  I expect so, cause deep down, you know.. next week, next month and next year its not going to happen. 

• Like 1

Okay.. so you guys are true believers.  WWIII any time now.  Like a man falling from a building about to hit, like an old villager about to turn on a light switch.  Uh huh.

If I may ask.. if.. if you believe, what are you doing about it.  Nothing??  Are you pretty much doing nothing.  I expect so, cause deep down, you know.. next week, next month and next year its not going to happen. 

your thoughts on "russian hacking"...?

I think it's a gradual thing, not a sudden thing.

I'm confused by the "what are you doing about it" question. For the love of cats, dude, I can't even do anything about my Mayor, never mind about the impending doom of the entire planet earth.

Did you have a list of things you assumed people would be "doing about" impending escalation (until WW point) internationally? What, exactly, would you suggest people do about it? I'm serious, now you have me wondering!

RC

• Like 1

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13950811001405

Syrian Commander: Terrorists Using Toxic Gases in Aleppo at US Order

Rubbish, that's moderate opposition right there, handing out sweets to children and throwing flowers at the Russians/Government troops.

The Elaine's Nursery front are friendly, caring people volunteering for hospitals and tending to sick cats. They frolick through the streets bringing cheer to all the residents, they definitely aren't using people as human shields.

• Like 2

oh, right, you havent accepted that ISIS is a USA-Israel-NATO creation yet

well of course you're going to keep saying that, if that's the case.