Sign in to follow this  
Golden Dragon Shining

Defense Against the Dark Arts

People seem to encounter dark spirits here and there, possessed people etc.  This isn't a thread for skeptics.

fox_patronus_by_skythemoonwarrior-d3gynk

I noticed this comment from 2013, in what ways can we help? There is some thought, people attract/ allow these things in some way. I've seen corrections officers decades later become believers in the-supernatural after experiences with methamphétamine users (working on the central nervous system/ energy body?), other drugs as something that allows dark spirits to enter, perhaps alcohol does to a lesser degree. One guard apparently is the “brilliant flow of thoughts,” “perfect contemplation;” “auspicious, serene thinking power,” - dark spirits/other seem to be able to influence/ implant thoughts and dreams.

BaguaKicksAss, on 11 Apr 2013 - 3:54 PM, said:snapback.png

To open up the third eye, the best thing is meditation, lots of it, daily.  Sure boring at first, but really it works. 

The catch though is, it's not like you only get to sense, see and feel the good stuff.  You also get to to feel the sorrow of the person who just lost a loved one, get to see the nasty spirit attached to the homeless person you just walked by, get to know how much pain some people are in, get to hear trapped spirits screaming, get to know when folks are just pretending they like you (though this is sort of  handy).  There are an equal number of positive aspects of course, but folks tend to forget about the downside. 

I was born psychic.  Seeing ghosts both friendly and unfriendly when I was 5 was most definitely not enjoyable.  Fortunately my mother found me a teacher back then. 

What usually happens I have found is that people start to open up with various spiritual practices, see something which deeply disturbs them or freaks them out (such as the list above), then forget it happened and shut back down.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 2

It helps to cultivate and focus on all that is good and virtuous. Religious people would say that having a real connection to God is of utmost importance here...then nothing can come near you.

• Like 2

yeah, the protection of an egregore

hope its not a bad one that claims its something its not, though :lol:

ah, the vagaries of speech

and how such vagaries have evolved over the course of history

All these 'external ' forces  of  'dark energies'   ( not sure why dark arts were cited  ? )  are due to 'state of mind'  and, of course such drugs can put you in a bad state of mind, other things can too ; practices, bad associations, chemical imbalance, trauma to brain, etc . 

So, all you really need to do is  work on 'state of mind' and  health / balance . 

Do good things to cultivate good mind, simple.  Doing meth is not good for good state of mind. 

But people in decaying / declining  social systems / cultures  tend to 'keep the ball rolling' ... and growing . 

One needs to find what cultivates good mind and practice that, and avoid what creates bad mind.

Even if invaded by outside forces, one who possesses Vohu Manah  will be better able to repel their assault .  

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

As far as BKA's comments quoted above; if one sees such things , or does practices that enable one to see such things, again that depends on the approach of the practice. The practice itself must be framed in the right mindset ;

" ... It is immaterial whether these exist or not. By doing certain things certain results will follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them.

3. The advantages to be gained from them are chiefly these:
("a") A widening of the horizon of the mind.
("b") An improvement of the control of the mind.

4. The student, if he attains any success in the following practices, will find himself confronted by things (ideas or  beings) too glorious or too dreadful to be described. It is essential that he remain the master of all that he beholds, hears or conceives; otherwise he will be the slave of illusion, and the prey of madness.  ...."

- Liber O .

Without such considerations and purpose  we are left within the 'wonderful '  world   of modern 'magick' ; 

tumblr_inline_mhf54bAqsX1qz4rgp.png

All these 'external ' forces  of  'dark energies'   ( not sure why dark arts were cited  ? )

I'm guessing it was a vaguely tongue-in-cheek reference to Harry Potter -- Defence Against the Dark Arts is a core wizarding class ^_^

People seem to encounter dark spirits here and there, possessed people etc.  This isn't a thread for skeptics.

What if some sceptics are sceptics because they have better information, or more experience? You wouldn't listen?

• Like 1

I'm guessing it was a vaguely tongue-in-cheek reference to Harry Potter -- Defence Against the Dark Arts is a core wizarding class ^_^

This is correct :)

Oh well, be skeptical if you want. :)

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

“In Zoroastrianism evil is not a creative force and is secondary in the cosmic order, affirming the priority and superiority of the force of genius and good. Therefore it is not described as a force to be feared. The protection of the adorable powers/aspects of the mind of GD is far greater than the ravage/distortion of the demons, See Holy Denkart, 5.24.21a.

It is not possible for a demon to invade unless there are doors open for it to enter. The door may be a consent or affinity or a physical defect in the being. The demons cannot corrupt unless there is some defect in oneself, some impurity, weakness or, at the very least, ignorance. One should then seek out this weakness in oneself and correct it.  https://authenticgathazoroastrianism.org/2014/12/11/the-destructive-spirit-and-the-daevas-in-the-early-gathic-avestan-worldview/

Edited by Sionnach

Oh well, be skeptical if you want. :)

Not saying I have better information or experience. I have nearly no experience of such situations / claims. Just wondering.

Couldn't it be that a 'dark spirit' or this 'dark energy' comes from within the person? Especially if drugs are involved.

Sign in to follow this