Sign in to follow this  
Sunya

straight to consciousness

i'm interested in kundalini awakenings.

i was watching this video

it is a Swami talking about shaktipat and she was saying what happens after you receive the kundalini initiation

"in some after they receive shaktipat it (kundalini) will instantly awaken for others it may take a months or a couple months to fully activate. eventually it does activate. then mantras are used and techniques are given which aid one to move along very rapidly so they don't get caught up in phenomena and go straight to consciousness. and they're not doing these meditations that take them astral traveling and different planes and seeing all the rest of this phenomena because it isn't needed. we want to get people through consciousness to realization as fast as possible"

towards the end

"you have to have a guru for this path or else you can get really far off into too much phenomena and really get caught in mind stuff and go down a very bad road. with a guru its a really quick way to realization"

i've had similiar ideas, whats the use (besides curiousity, which i have) in astral traveling when it is all manifestations of the divine which in essence is you.

i'm interested in kundalini awakenings.

i was watching this video

it is a Swami talking about shaktipat and she was saying what happens after you receive the kundalini initiation

"in some after they receive shaktipat it (kundalini) will instantly awaken for others it may take a months or a couple months to fully activate. eventually it does activate. then mantras are used and techniques are given which aid one to move along very rapidly so they don't get caught up in phenomena and go straight to consciousness. and they're not doing these meditations that take them astral traveling and different planes and seeing all the rest of this phenomena because it isn't needed. we want to get people through consciousness to realization as fast as possible"

towards the end

"you have to have a guru for this path or else you can get really far off into too much phenomena and really get caught in mind stuff and go down a very bad road. with a guru its a really quick way to realization"

i've had similiar ideas, whats the use (besides curiousity, which i have) in astral traveling when it is all manifestations of the divine which in essence is you.

There's a thread of discussion on deeksha over at ayp in their "other paths" pages. There are a few people there who have experience with it. I know its incredibly expensive to do the deeksha thing.

I agree with you that its all manifestations of the divine which is you, so I might add whats the harm in having the experience as long as I don't get attached to it. Thats true of the physical level as well. But from what I understand of the astral is that it is a mirror, and the experiences there at first mirror your issues in picture form. As you go through those issues then the astral becomes a clear pond or lake and reveals itself as it is, star like which is the meaning of the world astral. The confusion comes in when a person goes into it thinking it is objective from the start. Steiner for example says that what appears to come toward you in the astral is really coming out of you.

I like Yoganis signature the Guru is in you.

Sign in to follow this