well this made me feel a little bit sad today, also consider that we dont know what an animals perspective truly is because we have not experienced it in our own consciousness. Remember that we usually project our own feelings thoughts and sentiments onto the world around us, including animals. 

Fortunately I don't eat red meat, and the meat I do consume does not come from animals housed in this fashion.

• Like 1

there needs to be a meat emoticon ;)

how on earth did an image of a tulip field get mixed up in this topic?

I do eat meat. editing it now.

I do not digest meat at all and pay dearly for it.

Edited by sagebrush

there needs to be a meat emoticon ;)

I do eat meat. editing it now.

I do not digest meat at all and pay dearly for it.

What would the emoticon be intended to mean?

• Like 1

6900317-vivid-flowers.jpg

Flowers :)

Cows :)

Every morning at dawn, the friendly brown cow leaves the red barn.

Breakfast is light green and dark green grasses and yellow dandelions.

At noon, he lies down in the field for an eight minute nap,

from time to time gazing up at the golden sun.

He is healthy, content, and...alive.

428071a~Guernsey-Cow-and-Calf-in-Field-o

Edited by rainbowvein
  • Like 3

I feel like I've only eaten a third of a meal if it doesnt contain meat, after about a meal or two.

I feel like I've only eaten a third of a meal if it doesnt contain meat, after about a meal or two.

I used to feel that way.

The kicker for me was the beginning of this year, after a long Christmas period eating meat with nearly every meal. I got so sick of it. I'd been aware of vague feelings of guilt over eating animals for a long time, but believed it was a 'necessary evil', believed in all that nonsense that one needs meat for health, and didn't think I'd enjoy food without it. But I tried for a week, and a week turned into a month, and...... I haven't eaten any since. And never will again, unless my life depends on it. The idea of it now sickens me more than ever before.

And I feel better now. Not because I'm healthier (I might be, not sure), but because I know I have bettered myself: I was able to admit that I had been wrong for so many years, and I no longer contribute to all that excess suffering. Feels pretty cool.

I admire those, like Sionnach, who realised this at such a young age. Took me way too long.

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 2

I eat meat 2 meals a day, but sometimes 3 when the best bacon on the planet is in town.  just so long as its not made with digestive parts, because my guts get offended at trying to digest gut material.  I am reminded of c3po's comment "machines making machines!  how perverse!"

only way I see myself getting to a vegetarian stage is "going into seclusion," honestly.  =my meditation would have to get good enough for me to bother with it.  I can see if I was back at my stage of minute and a half breaths, then it'll help me out in terms of streamlining gutstuffz.  but I havent been there in a while, just too many disruptions.